See this game wont go F2P

The_Eyesight

Really? WoW is linear? The fact that most WoW zones are bigger than SWTORs planets are? The fact that you can FLY ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME (Without getting banned I might add)? THAT'S linear?

Tell me. How many times will you do Coruscant before wanting to smash your computer? It was about 3 times for me.

And guess what, you'll follow that SAME progression path in ALL of your characters. And ALL your characters will share 80% of the quests

Not to mention:

-No dungeon finder

-ACTUAL social hubs that don't cram every FP and Raid into ONE area

-Less bugs

-Better quests (Retaking cities, driving tanks, etc. In SWTOR you just talk to someone. Kill. Talk. Kill. Talk. Walk to another area to TALK SOME MORE)

-More classes

-Better UI

The list goes on. So I ask again, what does SWTOR offer that WoW doesn't?

lightsabers.

WoW was a great game, for the 30 seconds it took to load into the world, then I realized what a steamy pile of womp rat dung it was.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, go online and bring up a map of Dun Morogh and compare it to Ord's map.

Keep in mind the scale too.

At this point, you're arguing for the sake of arguing, and no amount of fact or logic is going to change your mind.

Ok... I'm looking at a map of Ord Mantell and Dun Morogh.

Not only is Ord Mantell SMALLER, you're not considering the fact that Ord Mantell is basically a series of corridors leading you from each hub. Dun Morogh is completely open.

Just face it, there is NO sense of freedom in SWTOR. Bioware wants to box you into their little corridors while crossing their fingers and hoping voice acting is enough to make you not notice.

Well if you haven't looked at the forums and the decline in server pop, people ARE noticing

Edited by Blackwater

With a release this bad, they'll likely break the game further trying to "fix" things or make further excuses. The game will then go F2P.

Talk is cheap.

I really don't get why people keep saying the release is bad. I really, really, really, really, really don't

Would've been better if they had addressed the issues before release. Glad we're paying for the beta though, thats cool. Hey at least they were able to get it out before Christmas though, thats the important thing :rolleyes:

That's how it is when these games first release. Don't like it? Stay away from MMO launches in future and join after the first few months.

SWTOR will die because of it's core design flaw

SWTOR is a WoW clone with less areas and more linearity. The question you have to ask is, what does SWTOR offer that WoW doesn't? Voice over? REALLY? And i don't know if you've noticed but the cinematics and overall gameplay is TRAMPLED by actual single player games. In single player games, the world changes because of your actions. In SWTOR everything remains the same.

So SWTOR fails as a single player game AND as an MMO, either way you have to pay 15 dollars a month

Plain and simple. And i don't know if you've noticed, but peak times have gone from 16 full servers to 2 full servers.

Oh BTW, don't worry about SWTOR going F2P, EA is too proud to do something like that. Look at Warhammer for instance

1. SWTOR is a WoW Clone, and WoW is a clone of EQ 2 and DAOC.

2. What does SWTOR offer that WoW doesnt? Man, do I have to really come down the list with this, its a totally different game, to make it short, WoW is a dragon/fantasy game while SWTOR is a space game. SWTOR offers cutscenes/cinematics with every quest that you take and with an amazing amazing voice acting story line. And to even compare SWTORs story with Wows :D gotta be a joke. WoW has the same guy resurrecting with the same reskinned model ( as of all their bosses) with the same reskinned vanity pets, weapon models, mounts. oh jesus christ the list goes on. Not to mention MOP expansion " uhm, we have no main villain, horde and alliance just goes to war, yay"!

PS. This is coming from a WoW player that has been playing WoW since the beta.

Happy with your answer?

Not only is Ord Mantell SMALLER, you're not considering the fact that Ord Mantell is basically a series of corridors leading you from each hub. Dun Morogh is completely open.

Just face it, there is NO sense of freedom in SWTOR. Bioware wants to box you into their little corridors while crossing their fingers and hoping voice acting is enough to make you not notice.

Well if you haven't looked at the forums and the decline in server pop, people ARE noticing

Nothing I, or anyone for that matter, says will ever make an iota of difference to you.

You're intent on bashing this game with hyperbolic argument after hyperbolic argument, and I accept this.

...doesn't make you any less wrong, however.

I used to think it was a sign of decline myself, until I noticed a few things.

1. Holidays are over. People are going back to work and school, so they won't be TORing all day long anymore.

2. It's possible BioWare has increased capacity. Even when my server is at standard, I'm finding 100+ people on most planets, never seeing anything below 70.

1. SWTOR is a WoW Clone, and WoW is a clone of EQ 2 and DAOC.

2. What does SWTOR offer that WoW doesnt? Man, do I have to really come down the list with this, its a totally different game, to make it short, WoW is a dragon/fantasy game while SWTOR is a space game. SWTOR offers cutscenes/cinematics with every quest that you take and with an amazing amazing voice acting story line. And to even compare SWTORs story with Wows :D gotta be a joke. WoW has the same guy resurrecting with the same reskinned model ( as of all their bosses) with the same reskinned vanity pets, weapon models, mounts. oh jesus christ the list goes on. Not to mention MOP expansion " uhm, we have no main villain, horde and alliance just goes to war, yay"!

PS. This is coming from a WoW player that has been playing WoW since the beta.

Happy with your answer?

Amazing

"I can offer a list of differences"

And you offered 2 which i mentioned already. WOW KILLER BIOWARE AAA QUALITY

Oh and that whole "We don't have a main villain"? Remember Darth Malgus and Revan?

They're both 4 man bosses

. Enjoy

Edited by Blackwater

Really? WoW is linear? The fact that most WoW zones are bigger than SWTORs planets are? The fact that you can FLY ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME (Without getting banned I might add)? THAT'S linear?

Tell me. How many times will you do Coruscant before wanting to smash your computer? It was about 3 times for me.

And guess what, you'll follow that SAME progression path in ALL of your characters. And ALL your characters will share 80% of the quests

Not to mention:

-No dungeon finder

-Less bugs

-Better quests (Retaking cities, driving tanks, etc. In SWTOR you just talk to someone. Kill. Talk. Kill. Talk. Walk to another area to TALK SOME MORE)

-More classes

-Better UI

It´s not WoW.

And ofc there are no flying mounts. With flying mounts you are able to skip alot and to be able to do that in a new game is awefull. There is a reason Blizzard added it way later then release.

And the amount of cry on PvP servers when it was implemented...

There is 1 social hub on each side in wow. The main capital.

Have u actually done the planet main stories and the planet bonus series?

More classes/races will most likely be added in expansions. Just like every other MMO.

UI I completely agree on.

DF I do not care about.

Theres as much freedom in SWTOR as there is in WoW. The only difference is that the devs in SWTOR has actually had the effort to evolve their enviorment a little bit with higher buildings and more detaild buildings, Now, lets take a look at tarren mill , same trees, and happy meal mountains, and fences with the same old beta towers that has been in the game since warcraft 3. WoW is what I call World of Rehash. They dont even have any story left in the game, so they bring up random pandas and tell you that the yhave no main villain ( god i love bringing that up.).

And another thing, ur talking about freedom in SWTOR, whats the freedom of playing the same instances for 7 years?? Whats the difference between stratholme at 60 and the stratholme at 85? :)

Amazing

Oh and that whole "We don't have a main villain"? Remember Darth Malgus and Revan? They're both 4 man bosses. Enjoy

Wow, way to spoil that. Thanks.

Also, I don't think you've looked at WoW lore recently. It's a Mary Sue fanfic riddled with pop-culture references.

This is coming from someone who has read most of the Warcraft books and has been playing Warcraft games since Orcs & Humans.

Amazing

Oh and that whole "We don't have a main villain"? Remember Darth Malgus and Revan? They're both 4 man bosses. Enjoy

Awesome job of spoiling the story for some. Anything else you'd like to be a douche about?

Theres as much freedom in SWTOR as there is in WoW. The only difference is that the devs in SWTOR has actually had the effort to evolve their enviorment a little bit with higher buildings and more detaild buildings, Now, lets take a look at tarren mill , same trees, and happy meal mountains, and fences with the same old beta towers that has been in the game since warcraft 3. WoW is what I call World of Rehash. They dont even have any story left in the game, so they bring up random pandas and tell you that the yhave no main villain ( god i love bringing that up.).

And another thing, ur talking about freedom in SWTOR, whats the freedom of playing the same instances for 7 years?? Whats the difference between stratholme at 60 and the stratholme at 85? :)

If by "Evolve their environment" you mean add invisible walls and of course EXHAUSTION ZONE PLEASE TURN BACK right aside of anchor head

And riddle me this. Whats the freedom in clearing Eternity Vault in one night because end game takes no effort?

If by "Evolve their environment" you mean add invisible walls and of course EXHAUSTION ZONE PLEASE TURN BACK right aside of anchor head

And riddle me this. Whats the freedom in clearing Eternity Vault in one night because end game takes no effort?

Sooo, I guess we won´t be seeing you doing anymore posting after the initial 30 days?

If you do not like the game then go back to the game you like or wait for another game to pop up. Like Blizzards Project Titan

Invisible walls are currently in place so Republic & Empire don't gank lowbies in towns.

It's a little frustrating, but I'll deal.

Also, what does clearing the Eternity Vault have to do with freedom?

What's the freedom in clearing Eternity Vault blah blah blah?

The fact that you can?

Really? WoW is linear?

Yes. Very.

At least not less than swtor.

All theme park mmos are linear, by design.

Now if you dont like swtor, I suggest you go back to pandas, I'veheard they know kung-fu and that their quests are not linear: kill 20 boars, kill 5 elephants, kill 8 butterflies, kill 12 tigers.

Not to mention:

-No dungeon finder

-Less bugs

-More classes

-Better UI

<Insert obligatory "Stop comparing SWToR to a game thats been in development for 7 years" comment.>

Sooo, I guess we won´t be seeing you doing anymore posting after the initial 30 days?

If you do not like the game then go back to the game you like or wait for another game to pop up. Like Blizzards Project Titan

I guess I'm just expressing my disappointment that SWTOR wouldn't be just another WoW clone

But, of course, it's EA so i should have figured

I guess I'm just expressing my disappointment that SWTOR wouldn't be just another WoW clone

But, of course, it's EA so i should have figured

SWTOR never claimed it wouldn't be a WoW clone. In fact, the Devs specifically said they got a lot of inspiration from WoW.

<Insert obligatory "Stop comparing SWToR to a game thats been in development for 7 years" comment.>

More like stop comparing a vanilla MMO to an older one.

I don't know if people have noticed, but all MMOs have a vulnerable vanilla stage, and WoW was no exception.