<Nox Imperius> World First 16 Man Nightmare Annihilation Droid

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, wanted to ask what spec your Juggernaught was, was he a full tank spec or was he using the hybrid build that is very popular?

I was full tank spec.

edit: first ive heard of a hybrid spec? care to elaborate?

edit2: im playing dps jugg tonight! its fun

Edited by gramz

I was full tank spec.

If you need any advice, ive been playing one since beta. DPS sucks, but I've managed to hit around 330k in a warzone /shrug

I was full tank spec.

Heya! Yeah so at least on the Republic side, many of the tanky Guards have been promoting this spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500rMG0uMzZhGrMMhzzM.1

What we trade is a few less-than useful skills in the top tier of defense(though I'm not going to lie I haven't used this spec), for Protector, Unremitting and Overhead Slash has been mathed out to be more TPS than Guardian Slash.

So you gain 20% flat damage reduction every time you force leap, and you gain 20% damage reduction every time you use Guardian leap. So once you get used to using Guardian leap mid-fight, and using force leap before a tank swap, and you gain aggro generation and the frequency in which you get Blade Storm's shield.

So yeah, thoughts?

Heya! Yeah so at least on the Republic side, many of the tanky Guards have been promoting this spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500rMG0uMzZhGrMMhzzM.1

What we trade is a few less-than useful skills in the top tier of defense(though I'm not going to lie I haven't used this spec), for Protector, Unremitting and Overhead Slash has been mathed out to be more TPS than Guardian Slash.

So you gain 20% flat damage reduction every time you force leap, and you gain 20% damage reduction every time you use Guardian leap. So once you get used to using Guardian leap mid-fight, and using force leap before a tank swap, and you gain aggro generation and the frequency in which you get Blade Storm's shield.

So yeah, thoughts?

Interesting, I cant say I've had much issue with threat, other than in AOE situations. However, i agree on the less than useful skills on the top of our tier. But, some of the things you trade off seem like big losses (2% shield chance, un channeled force choke) and atleast in the spec you linked, the talent to get a shield from blade storm/force scream isnt taken.

I've never been a HUGE fan of hybrid specs, but I'll give it a shot next week i guess.

Edited by gramz

If you need any advice, ive been playing one since beta. DPS sucks, but I've managed to hit around 330k in a warzone /shrug

Its pretty straight forward as far as I can tell, keep impale/shatter on CD use scream on savagery procs (i kinda just use it on CD atm) and use ravage on CD (when sunder is on CD with no rage for impale/shatter)

I feel like i have infinite rage and just need to find the optimal rotation but, its no where near the DPS marauders put out.

Its pretty straight forward as far as I can tell, keep impale/shatter on CD use scream on savagery procs (i kinda just use it on CD atm) and use ravage on CD (when sunder is on CD with no rage for impale/shatter)

I feel like i have infinite rage and just need to find the optimal rotation but, its no where near the DPS marauders put out.

I dropped shatter. I'm in a weird spec right now, half veng / rage. Its a lot more damage if you utilize your charge correctly.

Oh! I saw that thread last week and was waiting for him to do the math on that!

Awesome, looks like that's pretty much that then. Thanks for the input anyway, definitely wanted to know what spec you were using to begin with!

about that hybrid build.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Immortal-Defense-Compendium-A-Tank-s-Guide-To-The-Galaxy?page=8

Read the very long (and very informative post) about it, turns out 31/10/0 is better for threat/survivability by his math.

That math makes 0 sense without a combat log. Its not based of actual data, but a compendium of "formulas" from other sites that aren't quite right... it adds up to like 37 dps overall if you look at his numbers, that's absolutely terrible.

Not to mention that he "test it on ev" which means he was wiping over and over and over... sounds like a terrible spec if you ask me...

Based of what I've tried, the hybrid build works just as good. It all depends on your playstyle of tanking.

All the numbers in the world don't make a good tank.

Edited by Artacks

That math makes 0 sense without a combat log. Its not based of actual data, but a compendium of "formulas" from other sites that aren't quite right... it adds up to like 37 dps overall if you look at his numbers, that's absolutely terrible.

Not to mention that he "test it on ev" which means he was wiping over and over and over... sounds like a terrible spec if you ask me...

Based of what I've tried, the hybrid build works just as good. It all depends on your playstyle of tanking.

All the numbers in the world don't make a good tank.

Which is also why I am hesitant to believe the hybrid spec has been "shown with math to have more damage/threat"

I'm sticking with my 31/10/0 spec until I get some actual proof on either end.

I just watched your guys kill video. Your members WERE getting hit by the reticule/missile barrage/rocket burst/whatever you want to call it throughout the fight.

@0:55, one of your melee (you yourself Gramz, in fact) is hit by a missile and launched to the side, brought down to about 25%

@1:40 one of your ranged is hit and launched into the right turret, brought down to ~5-10% health.

We are clearly talking about different mechanics as, if there were a way to completely avoid it as you are claiming, then your own members certainly would have on your kill. The bug we're talking about is that the missiles that were nearly killing your members are consistently critting to deal twice that damage, hence our references to RNG (and the patch notes citing it as a fix as well).

I just watched the video again and when the missile hits me it only brings me to ~70%.. not 25%

Edited by gramz

I may have missed it but is anyone posting pics of the gear that has been dropping in these so that we can actually see the stats, etc.? It would be cool to see.

You can see stats on vendors, since tokens are what drop which you trade in for gear. Look for your classes Rakata vendor in the Supplies section.