Just landed on TATOONIE.. Feeling a bit squishy.

Dominiking

Sup fellow Jedi Shadows.

I been leveling Inf. since level 10. I'm level 25 and I just landed on Tatoonie... Anyways, I'm getting hit pretty hard, even though I'm nicely geared for my level. My healing companion can barely keep me up, I'm always in combat force and still I'm getting pounded on.

Is it time to try a different spec? if so, what do you guys recommend from here on out?

I'm looking for a spec with the least amount of downtime since I dont have all the time in the world to be playing. Any info, suggestions, advice would help. Thanks

Ensure your companion is properly geared as well as yourself. Also your companion has a healing stance that raises his base amount of healing as well. If that healing stance isn't activated, then your healing companion will be healing at a lowered effectiveness.

Also your companion has a healing stance that raises his base amount of healing as well.

It doesn't actually make him heal for appreciably more (5% is all). The big benefit is that it makes his heals recharge 25% faster, allowing him to outright heal more often.

Edited by Kitru

I agree with having your companion geared as well as you are. Even more important, make sure you are making good use of your interrupts. I've gone into fights forgetting about my interrupts and I get rick rolled. Use the interrupts when I respawn and the fight became easy mode, it makes a ton of difference.

I agree with having your companion geared as well as you are. Even more important, make sure you are making good use of your interrupts. I've gone into fights forgetting about my interrupts and I get rick rolled. Use the interrupts when I respawn and the fight became easy mode, it makes a ton of difference.

Interrupts are huge as a Shadow. My Commando gets destroyed in certain areas that my Shadow ripped through because I was able to interrupt things like Missile Barrage, Full Auto, or, in the case of Tattoine, Sand People using Reload or w/e.

25 and on Tatooine? I'm only just leaving Taris heading to Nar Shaddaa at 24...I must be doing too many quests :D

Hehe. 24 is about right if you did the bonus series.

As for the quesstion, basically almost always use Qyzen imo. Using the healer makes killing mobs painfully slow on Tatooine.

Other suggestions:

Spec balance for +50% crit on Double Strike(Balance) since its what you use mainly while lvling.

Run Combat Tech so you can taunt mobs off Qyzen to keep his dmg for the tougher encounters, cause otherwise he keeps all the aggro even if your in Combat Tech.

I forget exactly, but around 32ish you can get Particle Acceleration(KC tree) and +50% crit on DS(Balance). Now you have a two skill rotation, with a AoE Force Breach that is good for clearing trash mobs.

You can also add Force in Balance for added AoE, and trash mob clearing goodness. Force Potency > Force in Balance > Force Breach will clear most groups of trash mobs in 3secs flat.

You might want to bring out the healer for major boss fights only. Assumming you mange to keep him geared. Though really transferring aggro between you and Qyzen while gaurding him pushes through most encounters quicker.

Use your interrupt!

Last Tip: Qzyen will be the one losing health in most fights. You can dismiss and resummon in like 1-2secs after fight is over. No need for 12sec channels!

Edited by Varcan

Level as Kinetic combat. I guarantee you that it's more efficient, and the damage is pretty similar. Running Kinetic with Tharan has been the easiest leveling experience so far.

I was thinking about doing that. Seems pretty viable.

Thanks to everybody that responded.. I'm gonna experiment a little to see what works best for me.

Just wondering what Kinetic Combat would feel like when someone tried to gank me.. Wondering if I'll be able to compete with that spec.

I went inf around your level as well, found I was getting a bit battered in tattoine also. Around 30 after doing some research I decided to try Kinetic and gear Tharan, wow what a difference.

Leveling is so damn easy, can take large grps and fairly nice damage. Solo'd most heroic 2+'s and with a friend did 4mans. Breezed to 50 :).

I went inf around your level as well, found I was getting a bit battered in tattoine also. Around 30 after doing some research I decided to try Kinetic and gear Tharan, wow what a difference.

Leveling is so damn easy, can take large grps and fairly nice damage. Solo'd most heroic 2+'s and with a friend did 4mans. Breezed to 50 :).

I'm level 30 at the moment, and could use a change in spec. Could you recommend, or anyone, a good Kinetic leveling spec? I prefer Tharan over Qyzen, mostly because, although he sounds completely gay, its better than reading subtitles and hearing grunts from Qyzen.

Your prob was trying to mix styles. If your infil, then use shadow stance and a tank companion. If youre kinetic use combat stance and a healer. Mixing doesn't work.

Kinetic spec is pretty ez. Just go down the kinetic tree till you get force pull and three one that makes throw heal. Then you have a choice of spending 17 points in balance to get FiB+the free mid crush, or finishing kinetic to get slow time. For leveling/pvp id recommend FiB

Edited by grandmasterub

I stole these from someone who posted in another thread :)

This is PVE : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rsrokrskbsZZf0cM.1

And this one is a bit of a hybridy type so would be good in PVP also: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601dcrokrskZZf0cRrMz.1

I've only just hit 50 so still learning but stick around here and try to read a lot of the threads, Kitru and AstralFire generally have some very good advice and information, among many ofcourse :)

25 and on Tatooine? I'm only just leaving Taris heading to Nar Shaddaa at 24...I must be doing too many quests :D

THose bonus quests from Taris really add up.

I think a lot of people did not like Taris and so skipped a lot of the quests there.

I was thinking about doing that. Seems pretty viable.

Thanks to everybody that responded.. I'm gonna experiment a little to see what works best for me.

Just wondering what Kinetic Combat would feel like when someone tried to gank me.. Wondering if I'll be able to compete with that spec.

You'll kick near anyone's *** if you're a well geared shadow tank. I can fight people 5 levels plus, and if you're losing you always have a vanish and sprint.

THose bonus quests from Taris really add up.

I think a lot of people did not like Taris and so skipped a lot of the quests there.

Yeah I heard a lot of complaining about Taris, but I figured its better to head to a planet overleveled, so I spent my time doing every quest, heroic, and the flashpoint, and picked up the most relevant datacrons for good measure. But by the end I was thinking "***, can't the Republic army do ANYTHING for themselves?" :D

I was spending time just looking around on Taris, and I really appreciate the effort the devs put in. The picture box, especially straight above, was awesome.

Edited by Bilirubin