Sith Assassin - Sub-Par PvP class ?

Castiel

The only problem I have with this statement is the "absurdly large" toolkit part since this can actually work against us as well.

With so many abilities you have to be able to bind them all to easy to reach locations and remember where those locations are at the very moment you need them. With so many abilities this becomes challenging.

This could be made easier if BW would impliment a stealth bar and/or a macro system, but until then we just have to play with our "absurdly large" keybindings.

The only ability that requires stealth to use is Spike, Blackout, and Mind Trap. Two of those can be talented to use out of stealth (and probably should be talented if you plan on using them). A stealth bar would get you very little in terms of reduction in button management. Macros, on the other hand, would help a lot. There are like 10 'press in case of emergency' buttons for Assassin and most of the time I can't hit them because I can't possibly memorize what my keybind #20-30 does. I don't even keybind the last bar because I know I won't have any idea what keys they're bind to even if I bind them.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely ever see people mention our ability to taunt and mitigate tons of damage over the course of a warzone while using pure damage specs. Unlike the healer DPS, us taunting does not take us out of the flow of the battle. Having taunts is a huge boon for Assassins, and to me using them is the biggest difference between an average and good assassin.

Taunting basically means you're not stealthing anywhere, which is why I rarely stealth at all. Run into the middle of a big brawl and AE taunt, and taunt the guy beating on your healer. It doesn't look impressive but it helps, and gets you 2 more medals easy. Taunt has a range of 30, which means if you're not Madness speced this is the only ability you can use at greater than 10m, so might as well use it!

5k Shock?

I'm rank 60 with the gear less weapon/relic and have never seen any crit of any kind greater than 3xxx! My friend in about same gear got a 4k Maul ONCE ever with red buff and stim buff and relic on!

Shock dose not hit for 5k

And if thats not bad enough...try playing against equally geared players so +500 valor...

Operatives seem to do +10k burst on any one...

You need to L2P. Highest shock I have done is 6.3k. I've also done 6k maul and 5.5k discharge. And unlike Operatives we don't need stealth to pop these abilities.

Valor rank 60 with full champion gear.

Assasins at lvl 50 is just wrecking people if played well.. i never go out of a warzone with less than 10 mdeals, sometimes even 12 or 13 (yes, i'm biochem). My damage lies between 200k-300k aprox, and i could do more if i wasnt focusing on winning / getting medals. Also another valid point, you can play an assasin who's just a glasscannon, that's if you go with 31 points in deception, you hit incredibly hard and have awesome burstdamage, but you are squishy at the same time due to not being in dark charge.

Personally, i use the same spec as my pvespec, 5-14-22, although i know there are way better specs for pvp. It doesnt have the same amount of burstdamage as 31 desception, but i'm able to dish out a lot of damage and being able to survive due to being in dark charge.

I dont know if i'm just facing baddies all the time, if i'm above avarage or if assasins are just that good, i just know i completely wreck people and survives at the same time, assasins are more than fine!

Class was horribly made, half assed at best, we have all the downsides of a light armor stealth class with none of the advantages, no stealth openers, no stealth abilities besides sap, which is pretty damn worthless in pvp, i did more damage at lvl 12 then i do at lvl 40, cant compete with anyone 1v1 if they have any clue what they are doing, this class was obviously thought up by *******es who didnt wanna put forth any effort into making it a viable class, this game has taken ranged > melee to an entirely new level of ********, back to WoW till GW2, this game has to have one of the worst pvp systems since warhammer.

Class was horribly made, half assed at best, we have all the downsides of a light armor stealth class with none of the advantages, no stealth openers, no stealth abilities besides sap, which is pretty damn worthless in pvp, i did more damage at lvl 12 then i do at lvl 40, cant compete with anyone 1v1 if they have any clue what they are doing, this class was obviously thought up by *******es who didnt wanna put forth any effort into making it a viable class, this game has taken ranged > melee to an entirely new level of ********, back to WoW till GW2, this game has to have one of the worst pvp systems since warhammer.

Well yes it is very similar to Warhammer tbh in the sense that range classes absolutely dominate the battlefield (and aoe in some circumstances).

Then again it's made by more or less by the same team, you can tell the obvious similarities if you have played WAR for a while too. It saddens me that melee tends to get a short straw in MMOs.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200dcrokrskZZf0cRrMz.1

Maul is completely replaced by thrash in this spec. There simply is not reason to use it for double the force. Thrash, Thrash, Shock, (Crushing Darkness if proced).

Force Pull, Force Speed, and instant Whirlwind for kiters. You need as much crit and surge as you can get in this spec to deal decent damage.

Unlike most other games, in this game tank specs still deal decent damage, I would say about 80% of a full DPS.

Awesome spec.i had something similar but this ones better. So I respecced :). I honestly think think sith assassins are best as tanks or healers in pvp. But that's just me.

Awesome spec.i had something similar but this ones better. So I respecced :). I honestly think think sith assassins are best as tanks or healers in pvp. But that's just me.

Try the 23/0/18 dps hybrid spec. It's great!

Edited by Cowflab

I've yet to be outdamaged or really, out-anything'd by a deception assassin.

I'm slowly converting my server's Sins to Madness. Our republic adversaries are a tad more organized in warzones, so I figure I'm doing a service to the community even though that also means that I'll eventually have to face someone that's like me.

Well yes it is very similar to Warhammer tbh in the sense that range classes absolutely dominate the battlefield (and aoe in some circumstances).

Then again it's made by more or less by the same team, you can tell the obvious similarities if you have played WAR for a while too. It saddens me that melee tends to get a short straw in MMOs.

Duno what kind of warhammer you've played cuz tank dominate it. Ranged are mostly underpowered (shadow warrior are so weak, its destro counter isn,t as bad but surely not dominate). Bright wizard and sorceress are OP in bomb group but outside of that they aren,t that powerfull. I'd say that sorceress are rather weak outside of a bomb group their DPS isn't bether then what a melee would do while beeing so fragile with too few kiting tool.

i think darkness spec's are the way to go for pvp.

All the QQ about being smashed by ranged people....how about you stay in stealth and go and attack them rather than running into the fray like a spaz. When i engage in combat i instantly circle round the back and take out their healers or their ranged people. They are not too effective when they are tryign to kite you. Which they shouldn't be able to do if you know how to use your abilities right.