Community Blog Post Discussion: A Word on Bugs from James Ohlen

CourtneyWoods

I am interested to know if the loading times are considered a bug because it really bugs me and hundreds, if not thousands of others, waiting a minute or so to load into a new zone/planet. Even the time it takes to load the character screen is ridiculous.

I used to have 4 GB of DDR2 800 installed, but the game used about 60-75% of that memory so I added 2 more sticks. I am sitting at 8 GB of DDR2 and SW: TOR uses 48% of the memory when the game is loaded. That is an astronomical use of memory compared to any other game I have ever played.

When playing with 4 GB DDR2 800, Windows would give me a pop-up message that I had never seen before. The window said something about needing to close SW: TOR to free up memory. What's up with that? This seems like a bug.

How about that AA on high with the new AMD drivers? Is this going to be fixed? Currently the fix is to roll back the driver; this is like the developers saying to the SW: TOR community, "OH, hey guys. Patch 1.2 got FUBAR and we don't know what's wrong; we need everyone to roll back to the previous version." I mean come on. Really? Rollback? Just fix the bug.

I have a feeling something is significantly wrong with the way SW: TOR is coded and Bioware is keeping it in the dark. Mind showing us a list of the bugs that you guys intend to fix?

Thanks.

if you're not on a 64 bit operating system of some kind , anything over about 3.2 gigabytes is completely wasted, and will never be used.

:)

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I am not sure where this should go but it is a bug IMHO. I get the Reports that I make on issues sent back to me time after time. Its getting annoying. I have a bug I reported 2 months ago coming back to me every day and multiple times a day. I have 3 now. I was told to come here and make note of it. Why is there not a way to reopen a past issue or erase it out of your que?

I get these on every toon I have and across both servers I am on. Its so annoying to open up 3 or 4 toons and get the same messages time after time. Please erase them after a week if they have been read. Or give us a way to delete them.

• 1 month later...
what a load of crock! if its so important to fix bugs, why the heck are there still bugs from beta ingame? lets take the big butt bug for jedi robes type 2 male/female rep/sith, it hasnt been fixed, and CM's and devs go out of their way to make sure that it's kept as hush hush as possible.

Typical In-Game General Chat:

NewPlayer: My FPS Sucks!!!

KindResponder: Turn off Shadows while leaving everything else High

NewPlayer: Thanks that helped so much! This game rocks!

I don't see anybody continuously whining about performance IN GAME... on the forums however... :rolleyes:

You have rose colored glasses.

The REAL typical in game chat:

NewPlayer: My FPS has issues anytime there are a few other players on screen!!

KindResponder: Game is fine for me, your computer is junk!!

NewPlayer: But I have new good quality components on a fresh build!

For me, the game runs pretty well, though anytime there are a number of other active players on screen I have some stuttering. ATI video card, and just read here that a driver may be the issue. I wonder if that is true. I can live with that, it will be fixed eventually. Though a lot new players who are not particularly good with computers probably have tried playing and left thinking the game is just too laggy/buggy or not fun.