Reminder: This Isn't World of Warcraft.

Hudson

So stop comparing this game to wow. I played wow for years, and stopped playing before Cata. I distanced myself from MMO's for a while so when SW:TOR came out I would have a fresh non-objective opinion of the game (So I can enjoy the game for what it is.)

Do yourself a favor and stop trying to make this just another wow expansion. Erase that part of your brain that constantly compars your Jedi Knight to your Death Knight. Your Rogue to your Smuggler. They're not the same, and they never will be.

If you do this you'll enjoy the game SO much more. Trust me.

It works.

"Use the Force, Harry!" - Gandalf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People aren't comparing DKs to Jedi or Rogues to Smugglers. They're comparing the lag, ability delay, rock bottom UI, the general lack of "standard" quality of life MMo features etc etc.

this!

@Chomag

your signature is awesome i had to laugh so hard :)

Edited by Finaly

PPL.. WE.. are not comparing the GAME to WoW.. its things that we would like to add, like LFG finder. i kno this game just came out. but think about it.. WoW came out YEARS YEARS AGO. this came out 2011. they should been have those things that WoW has but better. DONT get me wrong this game is GOOOD. love it. they just gotta fix some things and add.

I played WoW for 6 years and stopped a couple of months into Cataclysm. TOR is the best game I've played in a while, and certainly the best MMO I've played, and I'm enjoying the everloving crap out of it, in spite of it's issues.

However, there are a lot of little things that I don't know why they left out. Repair costs, training costs, and respec costs are a little out of control. Respec costs less so because you get a free weekly respec and I'm told that the cost degrades.

Things like this - and a sorely needed dual spec and UI customization options - aren't unique to WoW. Most of them weren't even first implemented in WoW. They're just good design decisions and their absence in a new game from 2011 is notable.

Edited by TrifKaylon

So stop comparing this game to wow. I played wow for years, and stopped playing before Cata. I distanced myself from MMO's for a while so when SW:TOR came out I would have a fresh non-objective opinion of the game (So I can enjoy the game for what it is.)

Do yourself a favor and stop trying to make this just another wow expansion. Erase that part of your brain that constantly compars your Jedi Knight to your Death Knight. Your Rogue to your Smuggler. They're not the same, and they never will be.

If you do this you'll enjoy the game SO much more. Trust me.

It works.

"Use the Force, Harry!" - Gandalf

yes. ignore any and all advances that wow made and accept swtor as a totally new idea with all perfectly working functions with no problems.

what an amazing world you must live in where everything is new and inventive.

"ooh glass of water, this is a miracle"

10 min later.

"ooh a glass of water, this is a miracle"

yes. ignore any and all advances that wow made and accept swtor as a totally new idea with all perfectly working functions with no problems.

10 min later.

I think what he was trying to say, and correct me if I am wrong, is to do both. Accept this as a completely different thing than WoW, but at the same time, use any good advances that WoW has made.

I played WoW for 6 years and stopped a couple of months into Cataclysm. TOR is the best game I've played in a while, and certainly the best MMO I've played, and I'm enjoying the everloving crap out of it, in spite of it's issues.

However, there are a lot of little things that I don't know why they left out. Repair costs, training costs, and respec costs are a little out of control. Respec costs less so because you get a free weekly respec and I'm told that the cost degrades.

Things like this - and a sorely needed dual spec and UI customization options - aren't unique to WoW. Most of them weren't even first implemented in WoW. They're just good design decisions and their absence in a new game from 2011 is notable.

This. I love TOR just bunches and would never return to WoW. Still, I wish TOR could join us in the present.

We all know its not World of Warcraft. If this game had half the functionality and polish of World of Warcraft this forum would be a lot quieter place. The game client itself reminds us it is not WoW on a regular enough basis by being a complete turd.

IMO this game could use a lot more WOW than people are giving it credit for. Comparing ToR to WoW insults WoW at this point.

So, on the Honda forums, a Honda can't be compared to a Toyota because it's not Toyota?

Doesn't make any sense OP.

WoW and SWTOR are in competition for our hard earned dollars, and I would say they are the top two MMOs in existence right now. Of course they will be compared.

Cheers.

PPL.. WE.. are not comparing the GAME to WoW.. its things that we would like to add, like LFG finder. i kno this game just came out. but think about it.. WoW came out YEARS YEARS AGO. this came out 2011. they should been have those things that WoW has but better. DONT get me wrong this game is GOOOD. love it. they just gotta fix some things and add.

You are correct, WOW has had a LFG tool for a while. Bioware has seen this. Bioware chose not to implement one, it was not an oversight. I'm glad that they did not.

Warcraft = Queuecraft

There is a reason we are playing SWTOR and not WOW.

10 min later.

That's not what I am saying at all, you nerf herder. What I am saying is; You can't expect this game to be as advanced as WoW is. It's going to take time for all the kinks to get worked out. So accept it for what it is, and enjoy that glass of water.

Agreed completely. It's not like this game was obviously meant to emulate WoW in almost every way.

Careful, they give out warnings for sarcasm around here.

Comparisons can and should happen though, without comparison what is the point of striving to make a better product?

I think what he was trying to say, and correct me if I am wrong, is to do both. Accept this as a completely different thing than WoW, but at the same time, use any good advances that WoW has made.

Exactly what I am trying to say.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.