The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A fan project about Vette (checking interest)

Angedechu

I really like Vette as a character, and I always had a knack for trying writing, so I'm willing to try something somewhat large scale about Vette (always with the dream that someone will notice my prose and commission me to write me professional fiction. Key word : dream. )

The project would vary between a short novel, a comic (if I find an artist) or maybe a mod of some sort. The thing would be either a telling of the story from Vette POV (and thus a rather depressing tale of Stockholm Syndrom like breaking of her mind...on the optic that it's would prove highly surprising that the Sith handpicked by Lord Baras to be his apprentice end up being the rare good Sith) or telling her story before she ended up in a cell.

Would you find this interesting ?

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I despise Vette. Her voice actress made my skin crawl with Mission in the original KotOR, and time has not improved this latest incarnation of the 'brainless twi'lek.' When I first heard her speak in TOR, it was like some monstrous zombie of a memory erupted one naked, wriggling arm from the dirt at the back of my soul, and began to crawl ever forwards, deliberate in its plodding pace. She is the stuff of nightmares.

Well, the idea would be a rather depressing tale about how Vette is slowly being broken, destroyed, and such.

(Did you read from Arthur Koestler, the Zero and the Infinite ? That would be the model)

Edited by Angedechu

I appreciate creativity in any form. I kind of live vicariously through others with talent ;) I would read it as long as it didn't have too many spoilers. I don't play empire side (yet) and I already know too much about Vette. The community on here doesn't seem too bad, but just prepare for trolls or something anyway, people can be real jerks.

Answers are not super enthusiasts.

And why should that matter? Idea in itself always sounds good but it must be written properly to make people read and comment your creation. Why look for people who would like to read instead of throwing your fan fiction on these forums already? Why separate the question marks with the spacebar?

Edited by Maccaroth

Ok, so the whole thing would be a sort of three part story

Part one is Vette past

Part two is Vette actual present

Part three is Vette dementia

Two and Three are mixed (example, not actually in story : Vette is getting shocked, in her dementia she imagine her ''master'' being nice with her)

A considered approach would be to tell the story from the POV of two widely different Twi'leks. Say, the Slave and the Lover.

The story of Slave and Lover replicate each other to a large degree (IE, each character have a roughly parallel story) : the isssue is, ''Lover'' is the fairy tale rendition of what happpens to ''Slave'' (the idea would be to have a character that have pretty much the same story than Vette, is Vette for all matters and purpose, but is not nammed Vette-because I sort of suppose that lots of Sith Warrior might have slaves in the galaxy)

Okay, so this is a tale, in any sense, about enslavement and someone mind being destroyed.

But it's not in the ''Gor'' way. It's in the 1984 way.

Ah, that's too bad.

A Gor style story about Vette first being broken by, and then falling for, her Sith lord master could be interesting. If done right.

I do look forward to reading your story in any event.