Cross Realm PVP

LordDart

Please.... I really would like to PVP more... I understand some people don't like it so what about an option to toggle it on and off... I don't know if this has been posted before if so please just link that forum here for people and then we can just use the original.

I am still really surprised that they did not:

A) Make brackets for Warzones, at least a 50s only bracket.

B) Enable cross-realm Warzones, so that the brackets would be full of equally leveled pvpers.

This awful system boggles my mind.

They can't implement brackets until there's enough level 50's, or you guys would just QQ about queue times..

Also, cross server anything destroys communities.

Play Empire vs. Empire Hutt Ball during peak time on a weekend will destroy PvP.

Cross-server is going to be needed.

They can't implement brackets until there's enough level 50's, or you guys would just QQ about queue times..

I'm saying a toggle so if you don't want it hey don't use it, but on like off peak (like right now) I am waiting 15+ minutes to get a match and they almost all end early because there isn't enough people

I play Republic... Haha but nice try

LIEZ!

Republic players don't wait for warzones and you have imperials in open world ehwrever you go. Can't complain about that.

Also... smugglers den on tatooine.

Edited by Lerdoc

Q times are not that long... Cross server mechanics destroy communities.

Quoted for Great Truth

I hate to bring up wow..but i remember how much i liked vanilla wow pvp because, when i saw players on the other side i knew were good, i could go for them... this doesn't happen on cross realm, you will almost never see the same people for more than a bg/wf or 2 in a row..

I also think this is why they have no pve que, you have to find a group, they want us to have a community like how vanilla wow used to be before they gayed it up into a casual-fest.(Burning crusade onward)

Edited by Ultimapyro

Q times are not that long... Cross server mechanics destroy communities.

It isn't always a queue time. On peak times I always get in with in 5 minutes. But it is ALWAYS hutt ball and Emp v Emp and on a very populated PvP server.

If the Reps don't play, then there needs to be cross-server as an option.

Quoted for Great Truth

I hate to bring up wow..but i remember how much i liked vanilla wow pvp because, when i saw players on the other side i knew were good, i could go for them... this doesn't happen on cross realm, you will almost never see the same people for more than a bg/wf or 2 in a row..

I also think this is why they have no pve que, you have to find a group, they want us to have a community like how vanilla wow used to be before they gayed it up into a casual-fest.(Burning crusade onward)

This. ^

Quoted for Great Truth

You just look at one side of the coin, there are always pros and cons.

Now without X-Realm you have either a 10-50 only bracket where lvl50s dominate the lower lvls or Bioware adds brackets and you will get probably much higher queue times.

With X-Realm the only downside is that you probably dont care who is in the game cause you dont know anyone.

Its really not that bad, you can join with friends anyways if you like. So I really know I would like having option 1 with X-Realm.

Same for LFG tool, it has nothing to do with being casual .. its just a comfort tool and a great one. Take for example in SWTOR, Iam lvling out in Tatooine somwhere in the wild but now I want to do some flashpoints, What now ? I have to get back to the fleet, spam the channel and try to find some and if I dont find any, like yesterday ? Then I have to go back to Tatooine for lvling but at that point I was so kinda annoyed that I just logged out.

I remember this also in EQ2, looking for a group almost 2 hours and then just logged out :/. After a while I just quit the game completely at lvl34 or so, game wasnt that bad but to find groups in low / mid lvls was such a pain.

You wouldnt even need a dungeon fnder like in WoW but something like in Aion would be already enough.

WoW was a community killer and everything they did implement was aimed at that.

Cross realm pvp is just a tool for that. You start to not care who you meet and that is just a killer.

Let it stay with WoW and let SWTOR have a healthy server community.

Cross server PvP would greatly improve the quantity and quality of PvP. I don't believe there is such a thing as community when we're talking about purely instanced PvP and if you're remembering names of random people then we're really playing in a very small pool.

Open World PvP is where community, alliances, and guilds matter. Instanced PvP is for small teams/individuals to hopefully get matched up with similarly skilled opponents.

Cross server PvP would greatly improve the quantity and quality of PvP. I don't believe there is such a thing as community when we're talking about purely instanced PvP and if you're remembering names of random people then we're really playing in a very small pool.

Open World PvP is where community, alliances, and guilds matter. Instanced PvP is for small teams/individuals to hopefully get matched up with similarly skilled opponents.

This ^

Sorry, but LAST thing cross server improves is quality.

You are but a meaningless rnadom with a bunch of other no named randoms and don't every try. And if you do, they don't anyway because why? Its not like they will be labeled as dumb noobs on their server anyway.

B) Enable cross-realm Warzones, so that the brackets would be full of equally leveled pvpers.

simply because at the lunch of a new mmo there arent enough player with enough lvl to make a bracketsystem work. You would queue for hours.

• 4 months later...

there is already a 50 bracket and we dont need brackets for anyone less than lvl 50 because there would be less people to play (even if they do add cross realm pvp)

just cross realm pvp would be nice for light servers that have to wait 37 years for a warzone queue

I think the best thing they can do for the game is xrealm pvp Bracketed 11-19 etc get rid of bolster is was a good idea on paper but it's generating A player base that cant handle the transition from bolstered easyode pvp to the real deal Where stats actually mean something Edited by denpic