The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Servers Up Very Early! But Why...

Alohen

Well I didnt think they just start to work on these when the servers go down, :p

I thought they'd be trying fixed all the time, and then used maintenance to apply it and test if it is actually fixed? Or am I wrong. If so feel free to correct me.

they test them before deployment. These downtimes are only for deployment and quick start up to make sure things applied.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This. Just confirmed it. You CAN'T use emotes in a vehicle as of now, but it was in the patch notes.

So this kind of helps my point, so the people who claim I am "Whining, Complaining" for the sake of it. Jog on. My original point was, Why are they putting in useless stuff like this and Why can't they even make it work?

I love it when the forums are inconsistent.

Indeed last week "wahhhh we wanna play da game!"

this week...."the devs didn't keep the servers down for five days perfecting the game in a week!"

Tune in next week when the forums say "why didn't the devs make my DVD drive make me a sammich?"

Same for me. Select character hit play and goes to load screen then force closes. I think the servers are running and they are testing it. Idk anything about this stuff though so w/e ill play when its back up. :)

Indeed last week "wahhhh we wanna play da game!"

this week...."the devs didn't keep the servers down for five days perfecting the game in a week!"

Tune in next week when the forums say "why didn't the devs make my DVD drive make me a sammich?"

A shinning example of one of those people who need to go back to school to learn how to read and understand written information. Still not getting what this topic is all about, eh?

Edited by Yoshiblade

Seriously dude? We just came off of the Christmas holidays.....

And who's idea was it to launch a major MMO right before Christmas? Bioware's. If you do that then you damn well better have efficient staff ready to work through the holidays.

It's not my problem if they have to work on Christmas. When they put things in patch notes telling us they're fixing them, I expect them to be fixed. Instead, we get played.

A shinning example of one of those people who need to go back to school to learn how to read and understand written information. Still now getting what this topic is all about, eh?

People are jumping to Conclusions so don't worry about it. Haters Gunna Hate ;)

Hopefully they aren't fixing bugs during the downtime, just applying the fixed version to the data:)

The length of downtime would only be affected by the number / type of fixes if the new version has to make changes to existing data on the servers.

^ this. the amount of bugs fixed would have little impact on the downtime, unless there were significant changes to the data or structure of the data.

It is not hard for people to misunderstand the OP when his text is misinformed at this extreme level.

It do not matter how long the servers stay down, the patch will still not contain more fixes. It has been finished for days and in internel testing, trying to ensure that it do not break too much stuff.

It is not hard for people to misunderstand the OP when his text is misinformed at this extreme level.

It do not matter how long the servers stay down, the patch will still not contain more fixes. It has been finished for days and in internel testing, trying to ensure that it do not break too much stuff.

well they failed at that.

A shinning example of one of those people who need to go back to school to learn how to read and understand written information. Still not getting what this topic is all about, eh?

That must be it, I suspect the poster that said that they realized there was an issue but didn't want the combo grief fest that the EU makes that the patches are well "ever" and the US fans angsting over the servers being down for about ten hours was dead on. These forums seem to sell more whine than France and the Gallo brothers combined.

Edited by harlekwin

Yup they had it down during the week for phases of beta, the bugs getting fixed requires forensic analysis of the code and then reapplication of the fixed code into the build and analysis of the impact of the fixes on other phases of the build.....

New Vegas Nexus and Fomod taught me what fun that can be.

thousands of players can't load the game without reverting to windowed mode first if your char is on balmora. That seems to be the trend.

i do not have this issue and i logged off in balmorra yesterday.

maybe it does no affect empire side? or just me.

Yes but the whole point of this thread is, I'd rather Wait 8 Hours than 2.5 hours for more fixes, they can't only have sorted the ones they have "fixed" today, and I hear more and more bugs have popped up since todays patch, not a lot seems to be being done.

but the thing is these are probally all the stuff they got fixed the patch was probally done earlier this week did some internal testing then, checked some stuff off the bug list and moved to the next. the lucky/strange/odd thing is that the servers took the patch and updated fine? and new bugs usually happen with fixes thats nothing new. hopefully nothing major tho.