The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So when can we expect to get working textures?

Chromiie

Here we go again... "I don't have the problem so that means no one else does either!"

Have you looked at the screenshots in this thread, or are you ignoring them like a bunch of people who think that if they just ignore the problems they'll go away.

I never said no one has the problem, but by virtue of the fact that it works in my game, and many others, it indicates it may not be a game-wide problem as demanded by many here demand hat BioWare fix. It could very well be isolated to your setup.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said no one has the problem, but by virtue of the fact that it works in my game, and many others, it indicates it may not be a game-wide problem as demanded by many here demand hat BioWare fix. It could very well be isolated to your setup.

And it doesn't work on mine, and many others. I've seen countless threads on this same problem, with only a handful of people saying it actually works for them. it IS a big issue with many people, and by ignoring it, Bioware will never get around to fixing it. Issues NEED to be brought up until Bioware says something about it so we know they're working on it, or are at least aware of the problem that so many people are having

Has anyone tried the user-submitted fix of setting your swtor.exe to Win XP Service pack 3 compatibility mode? Apparently some graphics features are not usable under Win 7 currently but are in Win XP (so I have read). Also set the swtor.exe to run in admin mode (yes, even if you are playing on admin/admin rights acct). There are a few threads about this someplace.

I did this my graphics did improve. If it does not work for you then change it back.

Also yes, I would like to see screenshots of your game. One in the character selection, and another up close in game on your character. So far I havn't seen a single person actually post a screenshot with the textures working how they should.

So if you change from high to medium or from medium to high, your game does load the other textures which means your screen goes black a second?

You would be the first person then, also it cant really be as we all got the same client or do you play with the beta client?

FPS issues are setup, crashs are setup but missing draw distance faders, missing high res textures have absolutely nothing to do with a pc itself. It is the client and if you got the same client as we do, then you must oversee something.

Try to load the textures and tell us if the game does load them.

They should try to optimize the game better first, had no fps issues with the game at all during the beta in december with everything set to medium, now i got everything set to lowest or off and still got fps problems in some places.

No, this should be high priority. The game looks worse then WoW in some areas. I didnt spend 2k on my rig to look at poop.

Would you care to explain how HQ textures could be a priority when the game can't even run smootly on Low? A bunch of people are experiencing FPS drop even on high end machines and this on Low settings.

Before implementing the highest settings you make sure that your game can at least run fine on the lowest ones.

Are you sure because idk this doesn't look highres to me >.>

*spoiler* Warning *spoiler*

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/631860948345708653/BFDAF80D7113996CE7C499B59E68A2F62068FBCA/

Yeah, I don't get the high res in cinematic mode as well, it looks just as horrible. But I see certain high res textures at random places, so it looks like they're in but only partially. I.e the Varantikus on Voss have sharp textures even when zoomed in close.

Do you want me to send you screenshots from my game?

We are still waiting.

I would really appreciate those screens as it would confirm that there are indeed high-res textures and that you can enable them. it would also confirm it as a client side issue that could be fixed without waiting for a patch from BW (lol).

We are still waiting.

I would really appreciate those screens as it would confirm that there are indeed high-res textures and that you can enable them. it would also confirm it as a client side issue that could be fixed without waiting for a patch from BW (lol).

^ This..Also, if you provide these pictures you would be the first to do so.

Would you consider the light beams that come out of no where textures or just part of the graphical errors that need fixed?

Graphical errors. Textures are on armor, buildings anything pretty much just look at the lack of detail in this picture. You see the closeup? The detail looks blurry and lowres and yet the camera is zoomed in on the character.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/632987557051004900/A7341C9C8423D2650E0FE8406ADFFFE45F792D4C/

It means the problem is likely specific to your setup, not the game.

And I have posted my setup already and it's more than enough to display the maximum settings and even forced AA.

Edited by Chromiie

We're still waiting for your screenshots, until then you should stop trying to argue.

Nah, I think you ought to realize a problem for you != a problem for all, so perhaps you should take it to the customer support forum, instead of general? Seems more appropriate due to the isolated nature.

We are still waiting.

The highest resolution textures are already enabled in the game. Does that help? If YOUR rig is not using them, that's a different issue.

Nah, I think you ought to realize a problem for you != a problem for all, so perhaps you should take it to the customer support forum, instead of general? Seems more appropriate due to the isolated nature.

It ISN'T an isolated problem.

If you're at work then why say this:

"Do you want me to send you screenshots from my game?"

..if you can't back it up?

I want this fix as well. This is a great game but why are the high res graphics so inconsistent? Some times things at a vendor have great detail, then move or zoom in and out and it gets washed out again. I really want to look at my character and see some detail. Much lesser games have armor with great detail and run fine so not sure what the problem is. Please fix.

The highest resolution textures are already enabled in the game. Does that help? If YOUR rig is not using them, that's a different issue.

Lol.

How many different people are going to have to say they have the problem before you stop saying it's ONLY their computer?

Would you care to explain how HQ textures could be a priority when the game can't even run smootly on Low? A bunch of people are experiencing FPS drop even on high end machines and this on Low settings.

Before implementing the highest settings you make sure that your game can at least run fine on the lowest ones.

How I see this is simple.

People with a bad pc have FPS issues. They should buy a new pc, or ask here for help. We dont bite at this forum and a couple of people I could help allready.

I think it is wrong to keep many people in the dark about the graphic issues SWTOR currently has. It doesnt seem like we can help ourselfs there, so we depend on BW.

A person who does have an old PC, can always keep his low settings - nobody is forced to use the new sliders that BW is holding back / textures.

Their gameplay does not suffer at all, if we get a bit more power - until we dont, our gameplay does suffer unfortunately.

The game is great, dont get me wrong there. But it would be nice to get somekind of informations here.