The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So when can we expect to get working textures?

Chromiie

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not for a while. Gameplay fixes and graphical issues (like the green walls and that stuff) will take priority vs advanced settings. Is it really hurting you to play with lower textures for a while? You spend 5 minutes looking at the hi-res textures, then you never look at it again while you are playing.

I was wondering about that myself. My characters have fairly detailed faces but the armor is just flat looking. I have everything set to high.

So is something not working right with the high setting then?

Edit: I see the latest beta driver at nVidia 290.53 has some SWTOR update so I'm gonna downlaed and give it a shot. I hope I can play it in 3D for real!!:D

Edited by HypereyeFantasi

I was wondering about that myself. My characters have fairly detailed faces but the armor is just flat looking. I have everything set to high.

So is something not working right with the high setting then?

Yeah everyone is stuck with medium textures still.

If you want to see what high textures look like go to your ship and look at your chest and click the holoterminal. It will load in high res textures for a second and go back to medium.

Reading this in the patch notes gave me hope, but it turns out they didn't change a thing:

Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.

What was that about?

The high-res option is still not working. The textures are in the client, you can clearly see them in the cutscenes and they do actually look nice. I would really appreciate an official statement on this, the gear just looks horribly blurry.

Reading this in the patch notes gave me hope, but it turns out they didn't change a thing:

What was that about?

The high-res option is still not working. The textures are in the client, you can clearly see them in the cutscenes and they do actually look nice. I would really appreciate an official statement on this, the gear just looks horribly blurry.

I think it has something to do with the 8 hour down time turned into 2.5 hours.

Why are people deluding themselves into thinking there's a collection of magical high-res textures in the game?

Is there ANY developer quote that clearly states that to be the case? Because I have a very hard time believing they just disabled them for kicks - and that at least an .ini tweak wouldn't exist to enable them.

My textures look identical in and out of cutscenes. Well, that or I'm being blind.

I wouldn't say they're awful or anything - and I'm not sure what the big deal is about them. They're fine to my eyes.

Edited by DKDArtagnan

Why are people deluding themselves into thinking there's a collection of magical high-res textures in the game?

Is there ANY developer quote that clearly states that to be the case? Because I have a very hard time believing they just disabled them for kicks - and that at least an .ini tweak wouldn't exist to enable them.

They were in beta before the weekend builds.

Also just look at the progression videos.

Edited by Toweleeeie

They should try to optimize the game better first, had no fps issues with the game at all during the beta in december with everything set to medium, now i got everything set to lowest or off and still got fps problems in some places.

They should try to optimize the game better first, had no fps issues with the game at all during the beta in december with everything set to medium, now i got everything set to lowest or off and still got fps problems in some places.

No, this should be high priority. The game looks worse then WoW in some areas. I didnt spend 2k on my rig to look at poop.

Reading comprehension? They are in the game, you can see them in cutscenes!

Deluding themselves? Are you kidding me??

The high-res textures in character selection and cutscenes when they're working properly:

http://oi44.tinypic.com/15of4sz.jpg

What they look like the rest of the time on the SAME SETTINGS:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/nwx5pw.jpg

I can't believe people are STILL DENYING THAT THIS IS AN ISSUE!

That pic has better textures then my toons jedi robes currently.

Well that's kind of sad really. I don't skip dialogue so it's alot more noticable to me than someone who does. The helmet and detail on his robes look terrible.

deluding themselves? Are you kidding me??

The high-res textures in character selection and cutscenes when they're working properly:

what they look like the rest of the time on the same settings:

i can't believe people are still denying that this is an issue!

this this this

Deluding themselves? Are you kidding me??

What they look like the rest of the time on the SAME SETTINGS:

I can't believe people are STILL DENYING THAT THIS IS AN ISSUE!

Thank you for the great example!

Thank you for the great example!

Been posting these for awhile in other threads and they are usually just ignored for some reason. Glad to see people are noticing them now to see how big of a difference it really is.

Been posting these for awhile in other threads and they are usually just ignored for some reason. Glad to see people are noticing them now to see how big of a difference it really is.

Its because 99% of the players dont understand the difference between aesthetics and graphic quality Im afraid.

Aesthetics= Art style, music, animations, physics

Graphics= Texture quality(what we are talking about), lighting, tessellation, polygons, and so on

I cry every time I come to these forums.

Edited by Toweleeeie

Well you can see the fanboys just saying "You look at the textures for only 5 minutes" they are with the bugs and think everyone should accept it to. It even worked in beta so I really don't understand.