Server Maintenance

Drowningfire

Why is this being done at the time where people start logging on to play?

from what i have the last couple of weeks the peak times on swtor has been 10am-11pm GMT so why shedule server maintenance for 8am - 4pm it makes no sense it should be done during the low times of gameplay like 2am-8am where there is barely 10 people online on one planet!

Was just reading the patch notes and saw no mention of the chat bug being fixed. Please tell me that it was just left out of the patch notes because not being able to see, Ops, party and guild chat is making the game unbearable. Please don't suggest /gkick either because I've done that 3 times already and it doesn't work. Edited by Padarik

Bioware has stated that they will implement hours that will fit EU aswell. Just give them time...

The game is 2 weeks old, you can't have everything sorted at launch. I cba to look it up but I remember reading about it and they said that the goal is to have EU downtime on tuesday morning starting at 4 AM or something like it.

That said I hate this downtime too, at home and have absolutely nothing to do but that's how it is. More rested bonus for my toons until tonights marathon play :p

Im gonna tell you a trick:

If its 2 Am in USA, and you disconnect USA servers, nobody will whine. And, if you do the same, but with the europeans servers, i mean, disconnect them at 2AM IN EUROPE, nobody will whine.

Wot u think? Am I super-intelligent or not?

haha

Well, if you don't work, you have plenty of free time to play on the week, shouldn't be a real problem.

For those like me that work, we only get 3 hours a day...

Well some of us have school, both younglings and adults.. Myself I'm way to old to go to school but hey, gotta do something when the job market is slim :(

And we have winter holiday atm for another week.. Then its back to weekend play for me :(

Edited by Podrik

So what?

They're a US company. Of COURSE they're going to suit their customer base

Haha Really? Umm aint they a worldwide company? Yeah just as a thought US thinking everything is just about them Typical:rolleyes:

Also, they probably have to have a larger number of staff on duty during downtime to get the work done... Although the timing is pretty horrible for the EU, it is likley done at the times it currently is so they dont have to pay those extra staff night duty rate... which means lower overall running costs and hopefully lower monthly subs rates...

Besides, if the didnt take down the servers occasionally, how would we all get some sleeping and eating time??? They are looking after your health :)

Haha Really? Umm aint they a worldwide company? Yeah just as a thought US thinking everything is just about them Typical:rolleyes:

They're headquartered in the U.S. The MAJORITY of their customers come from the U.S. There's no reason they should cater to someone's wants and wishes outside of where their major client base is located.