Companions for a healer at 50

LarkBenson

I ran with Mako until 50, but now I've gone heals for PvP and I'm wondering which companion to use for world PvP and dailies. Leaning towards Torian for the snare, but wondering if he's too squishy for Ilum dailies (don't want to gear him up only to find it was pointless). Am I going to have to outfit either Blizz or Skadge for dailies and then Torian separately for PvP? Anyone have any experience with this?

I'm kind of thinking Blizz as he's the only one who can straight up use all of your old gear as it becomes available, Torian/Skadge are a pain in the *** as they have these weapons that ONLY they use so you have to go do dailies to get them rating 112 (or 116?) weapons and aside from craftable hilts that's as good as they'll ever get. Whereas my Blizz already has a spare 136 mainhand and a ton of other 126/136 spare parts.

Gault/Mako use medium armor and again that causes issues, have to either get the welfare epics from flashpoints/operations or craft or stuff.

Not sure if Gault could still do more damage than Blizz or what though really, haven't tested.

I'm kind of thinking Blizz as he's the only one who can straight up use all of your old gear as it becomes available, Torian/Skadge are a pain in the *** as they have these weapons that ONLY they use so you have to go do dailies to get them rating 112 (or 116?) weapons and aside from craftable hilts that's as good as they'll ever get. Whereas my Blizz already has a spare 136 mainhand and a ton of other 126/136 spare parts.

Gault/Mako use medium armor and again that causes issues, have to either get the welfare epics from flashpoints/operations or craft or stuff.

Not sure if Gault could still do more damage than Blizz or what though really, haven't tested.

I don't know about you, but at 50 the only upgrades to gear I get are mods. I suppose if you are raiding you get full gear upgrades, but Blizz's gear would have to be massively better than Gault's for a tank pet to do more damage than a dps one. And keep in mind you can get good weapons for all of them off of the Belsavis dailies.