The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Endgame Sucks

NeonLights

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The things you listed are every MMO on the market. What is there to do in WoW? PvP, Heroics, and one current raid with a 1 week lockout. The same exact thing. The game is brand new, there isn't going to be years of developed end game content. That all comes with time. If you don't like that, then don't play. No one is going to castrate you for canceling your sub.

Wow had one big this this games doesn't... Community. Raiding the other factions towns and citys, defending your towns and citys. Server forums. Much bigger world pvp where other factions actually cross path. Fighing over recorses, herbs, fishing spots.

The ability to summon friends to dungeons, global channels... and many more.

Community!

Wow had one big this this games doesn't... Community. Raiding the other factions towns and citys, defending your towns and citys. Server forums. Much bigger world pvp where other factions actually cross path. Fighing over recorses, herbs, fishing spots.

Community!

ahhahah since when...what 2009? Try again sherlock. You forget the lvl 85 guards that one shot players these days.

Good laugh...thanks. Come on guys more bait. This is too easy.

Edited by Puremallace

Why make a post that's only made to call people "idiots "or "fanbois?" Not only that, pointing out that you made the post just to do that? They have a word for that. Several. You can agree with the OP or not and be an adult like member of the community. Newly released MMO's typicaly are shy on endgame content, thinking that people will enjoy the story long enough for new stuff to be added. Experinece shows them wrong. Yes. You are 100% correct. When you have done it all there's not a lot left to do. It was no secret that level 50 is the cap however. All you can do if you're not happy is play, remain unhappy, and wait. Or quit and check back later if you want. But what did you expect? To rush to the end in a matter of 20 days at most and they'd have SWTOR:Magic expansion of more endgame?

I am your casual player. I do not play everyday. Some days I play for several hours straight.

If I get to a point that there is nothing to do I guess I will find something else to do. It probably won't be complaining about the lack of endgame.

I like the game... a lot, truth be told. If I ever have the level of consternation I read in some posts I would move on.

Edited by onanonehand

You clearly don't understand endgame. Care to explain endgame of any other MMO you've played thats any different to grinds with different names?

I'll wait here...

Well SWG didnt have an end game at all. It was a perpetual world not grind till cap and rinse and repeat missions till you unsub. They would have made alot more people happy if they would have just perfected what soe started and lucas arts ****ed up. there are tons of games that dont rely on mindless and endless grinds. Once enough people get the super modes in pvp that will drop off to nothing mainly because people wont be able to compete. This game has shortened its own shelf life due to devs who lacked any imagination or guts to change the worn out molds of MMO's. I warned all of you 2 years ago of the exact problem and now I get to say I told you so.

go outside? wait for new content?

games been out for less than a month and ppl are demanding perfect endgame content..

WoW had nothing

Age of Conan NOTHING

rift NOTHING

have some damn patience and do something else besides play 12 hrs a day to hit 50 in like 3 days..my god poeple

This is why god invented armories, so we can character search these guys and view their greens and no raid progress or basically anything. Cap end game rush right to the forums.

What's up? Got Columni boots and gloves but what I've got there is better for PvP. Lightsaber has all purple mods in it and the only purple I really need right now is a shield generator. Could use more expertise, but eh I'll get by.

games been out for less than a month and ppl are demanding perfect endgame content..

WoW had nothing

Age of Conan NOTHING

rift NOTHING

have some damn patience and do something else besides play 12 hrs a day to hit 50 in like 3 days..my god poeple

I'm not paying $15 a month for nothing.

rift NOTHING

Please do not make me pull out the Rift notes on you. That is bad idea to lie when I am on this forum so blatantly. Then you toss WoW up there.

TOR is launching with what you would expect it to launch with. 3 battlegrounds...15flashpoints?...1 or 2 raids..little space mini game...little housing type deal with the ship

Please do not make me pull out the Rift notes on you. That is bad idea to lie when I am on this forum so blatantly. Then you toss WoW up there.

TOR is launching with what you would expect it to launch with. 3 battlegrounds...15flashpoints?...1 or 2 raids..little space mini game...little housing type deal with the ship

How about activities that are actually fun to do instead of grinding away for commendations to get better gear.

The blind defense of TOR on here is sickening sometimes. The game has faults and lack of significant end-game is one of them. Doesn't mean I'm unsubbing. It's just something for them to work on.

Exactly my point. I want this game to be awesome, I want it to be fun as hell. Currently though I'm sitting at level 50 with nothing to do.

How about activities that are actually fun to do instead of grinding away for commendations to get better gear.

You seriously expected a pvp game? Go grind in Aion for 14 months, then come back and talk to me about grinding. The entire pvp system is silly and not very many disagree with you.

I picked the game up for pve so you know lol. GW2 is removing the pvp gear grind to make the fps'rs happy to bad in the process they are removing meaningful pve lol

Edited by Puremallace

Rift did have endgame at launch. It has 4 warzones, 10 hardmode dungeons and 1 raid. The PVE content in there was also full of bugs, some of which still aren't fixed, some of which made the content unplayable.

Well SWG didnt have an end game at all. It was a perpetual world not grind till cap and rinse and repeat missions till you unsub. They would have made alot more people happy if they would have just perfected what soe started and lucas arts ****ed up. there are tons of games that dont rely on mindless and endless grinds. Once enough people get the super modes in pvp that will drop off to nothing mainly because people wont be able to compete. This game has shortened its own shelf life due to devs who lacked any imagination or guts to change the worn out molds of MMO's. I warned all of you 2 years ago of the exact problem and now I get to say I told you so.

Hence why the game went on to resounding sucess...

People need to face the fact that grind is enevitable, and secretly, it's what people what. MMO's general principle are a near endless ladder that people climb until they stop, and they can see who is above and below them, and lord/envy them appropriatley.

Rift did have endgame at launch. It has 4 warzones, 10 hardmode dungeons and 1 raid. The PVE content in there was also full of bugs, some of which still aren't fixed, some of which made the content unplayable.

I surely did not deny that. This guy is talking about other stuff. Same silly crap you see on every game launch. Ever heard of the saying keeping throwing crap until it sticks to the wall.

You seriously expected a pvp game? Go grind in Aion for 14 months, then come back and talk to me about grinding. The entire pvp system is silly and not very many disagree with you.

I picked the game up for pve so you know lol. GW2 is removing the pvp gear grind to make the fps'rs happy

I don't know how about three years of hype building up a big epic war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. How about Star Wars in the title. How about the fact that we've been told by the devs to expect "epic and amazing open world PvP from the world's best developers" at PAX.

Yeah I expected a PvP game, one I was told I was going to get. Instead I got three warzones and random loot bags to grind out.

Edited by NeonLights

Has there ever been an online game without some eager-beaver rushing through, then posturing about how bored he/she is? I guess I actually prefer the kids who sit in common gathering places, rotating advantageously, expecting others to awe at the grace, power and uberness of their gear/ride/level.

Goodluck, have fun!

Community!

I was playing World of Warcraft in 2004.

The things that you are describing only partially existed. Fighting in the factional cities was relatively unimportant in the early game and did not happen regularly, even on PVP Servers. Most such interaction took place at intersecting quest hubs, where PVPers would interfere with one another and compete for mobs/quest objectives, which (rather than adding to the game play experience), largely just interfered with play for one party or the next rather than providing a good experience.

Meeting Stones didn't exist until three months in, global channels were and are notoriously nasty, aaaand while I agree that server forums are preferable they are not really anywhere near a deal-breaker to me.

To put it simply: Endgame in WoW was mediocre immediately following its launch. SWTOR has some issues to work out, but it has a lot greater replay value, and like WoW will get better with time.

Has there ever been an online game without some eager-beaver rushing through, then posturing about how bored he/she is? I guess I actually prefer the kids who sit in common gathering places, rotating advantageously, expecting others to awe at the grace, power and uberness of their gear/ride/level.

Goodluck, have fun!

I don't care about gear. I don't care about being the first one ever to hit level 50. I just decided to skip all the cutscenes because I was in Game Testing and saw them all already. I would have figured they'd launch with an endgame that was more fun and less work. I just want activities that are legitimately fun to do again and again.

I don't know how about three years of hype building up a big epic war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. How about Star Wars in the title. How about the fact that we've been told by the devs to expect "epic and amazing open world PvP from the world's best developers" at PAX.

Yeah I expected a PvP game, one I was told I was going to get. Instead I got three warzones and random loot bags to grind out.

The devs can put in world PVP content until they're blue in the face but it means nothing if you don't use it. No one fighting in Ilum? Form an operation and go fight there. No one there to fight? Go after them outside the PVP zone. Gank them on other planets. Raise some hell and make them want to kill you.

Do you even play on a PVP server? I'm tripping over Republic players to kill with my guildmates and I'm not even trying to do world PVP. When handed a set of tools you can't complain to the creators of them if you refuse to use them.

I don't care about gear. I don't care about being the first one ever to hit level 50. I just decided to skip all the cutscenes because I was in Game Testing and saw them all already. I would have figured they'd launch with an endgame that was more fun and less work. I just want activities that are legitimately fun to do again and again.

You're still confounding me with the unreality of your expectations. Short of a biological platform, where is there any activity that is "legitimately funt to do again and again"?

ahhahah since when...what 2009? Try again sherlock. You forget the lvl 85 guards that one shot players these days.

Good laugh...thanks. Come on guys more bait. This is too easy.

Aion, Rift, now SWTOR, Mallace do you go fanboy for every single game you are apart of?

And no lvl 85 guards don't one shot players, that's what tanks are for. If you are getting one shot either you are bad or you are playing with bad players.