Endgame Sucks

NeonLights

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raiding cities died after vanilla, and only saw a resurgence when the achievement came out, and it soon died off again. Overall, world PvP in WoW is literally non-existent. Server forums were cool in BC, but have fallen off a cliff since then. And really, fighting over resource nodes? I have done this maybe 2-3 times in my entire 4 year WoW career (all on high population PvP servers).

WoW has had years to add new features and little things. Not every MMO can just instantly have this all at once. These games are massive and they take an immense amount of time and resources to build.

Also, if you honestly think WoW has a "community" you are so sadly mistaken.

In that case if I felt wow has much more of a community than ToR then there really is a problem and it seems you agree by default

This game might not have much endgame content.

It has as much as any MMO at launch, perhaps even a little bit more. There is as much endgame content in TOR as there was in Rift at launch. The problem is not in the amount of endgame content. The problem is the bugs (which was also a problem in Rift).

Edited by Hiro-Protagonist

so its a lvling game.. we get it...

/end subscription

Both very good points. Nothing makes a player or the game bad if they just aren't happy. I have heard Turkey Bacon taste great and I think that's blasphomy! But I don't hate-mail my Turkey Bacon eating friends. It's a matter of taste. SWTOR says what it is upfront. A story based game and all that. And I don't know about BW/EA but I myself know that not every gammer will like it. However, it has been playable for a max of 20 days if you pre-ordered. Give it SOME time to grow. Step back and check later if you want.

I'm seriously sick of people asking

"Why you lvl 50 so quick lolz get a life/gf/job"

I have a job, a GF, and a life. Leveling in SWTOR is not hard, and I'm going to ding 50 tomorrow.

Secondly, you people saying these statements should be THANKFUL you have people that rush to 50 to experience end game. You say well "in 2 months end game will be better cause more people are there" without these people getting to end game quickly, YOU WOULD be experiencing the issues they are.

Thirdly, end game content is the most important part of an mmo. You spend the majority of your playing time in end game. End game should NOT be the last thing to be developed in a MMO. No end game just leads to the inevitable downfall of a MMO. Rift had a very successful launch, with a successful leveling system... but once people hit 50, the game tanked.

I'm seriously sick of people asking

"Why you lvl 50 so quick lolz get a life/gf/job"

I have a job, a GF, and a life. Leveling in SWTOR is not hard, and I'm going to ding 50 tomorrow.

Secondly, you people saying these statements should be THANKFUL you have people that rush to 50 to experience end game. You say well "in 2 months end game will be better cause more people are there" without these people getting to end game quickly, YOU WOULD be experiencing the issues they are.

Thirdly, end game content is the most important part of an mmo. You spend the majority of your playing time in end game. End game should NOT be the last thing to be developed in a MMO. No end game just leads to the inevitable downfall of a MMO. Rift had a very successful launch, with a successful leveling system... but once people hit 50, the game tanked.

People can't take criticism of their favorite game of all time. They feel the need to endlessly defend it against anything short of praise. If we don't complain about a lack of endgame now then they won't start doing anything about it till later.

If we don't complain about a lack of endgame now then they won't start doing anything about it till later.

2 raids. Heroic dungeons. PvP. Dailies. That seems to be the normal amount of endgame at launch for every MMO I have seen in the last 5 years. I agree that they should produce more over time and definitely fix the glaring problems in the current endgame, but I fail to see a lack of endgame compared to other MMO's at launch.

2 raids. Heroic dungeons. PvP. Dailies. That seems to be the normal amount of endgame at launch for every MMO I have seen in the last 5 years. I agree that they should produce more over time and definitely fix the glaring problems in the current endgame, but I fail to see a lack of endgame compared to other MMO's at launch.

Eternity Vault is bugged, PvP is flawed and that leaves Hard Mode Flashpoints.

So that justifies a subscription right? Get to 50 and pay monthly to do...?

Well, if you get multiples to 50 this fast, then no, it's best to just move on and complain in the next MMO that there is nothing to do a 2-3 weeks after release.

People can't take criticism of their favorite game of all time. They feel the need to endlessly defend it against anything short of praise. If we don't complain about a lack of endgame now then they won't start doing anything about it till later.

People can't take what they believe is non deserved critisism of their favorite game. It would be easier if the search function actually was working, but read thru the DEV blogs. High level content and more guild stuff is already on the list of things they want ASAP. MMO's stay alive by adding more content, most higher level because eventually everyone gets there and says "now what." The idea that until the very first person posted here about more endgame content they hadn't thought about it is a huge LoL, it's inane. Also I defy you to find someone who defends ANY critisism of the game.

the game has been out for more than 3 weeks now and capping is the easiest/fastest in all the MMOs I have played in the last 10 years.

unemployed are the ones that hit 50 on the 3th day, after 3 weeks the real question is "how come you are NOT 50 yet" ?

if you just have 1 hour/week to play, maybe MMOs arent for you...

Why? because MMO absolutely NEED from you to invest 50 hours a week? SO this is a different kind of MMO lol.

Getting to 50 for an average player is going to be about 6-8 weeks average timeframe. you know...to see things, try stuff, look for holocrones at the appropriate level, do flashpoints and heroic quests, hang out with friends.

You get to 50...its time to start a new toon...so what's the rush?

I don't know where people get these blanket statements like end game is everything for MMOs. I know WoW is the most popular MMO and yes they are all about end game but that doesn't mean all are. Personally I loved when MMOs use to be about the journey and not just rushing to the end for the actual game to start. DDO and FFXI are a few examples of games that do have end-game but focus on the leveling experience and give you tons of alternate advancement to work on. I think Swtor fits into this group of MMOs. With there Legacy System your never truly going to be done advancing your characters or so I hope.

Bioware has stated many time that most end game content for them is rerolling alts to see the other stories. They've stated many times for players to play all the stories to get the most out of the game and put in an entire system they are going to flesh out to promote alts, The Legacy System. If you don't like Story this just isn't the game for you. The classic MMO things your looking for are going to be light in this game. This is a single player story driven RPG with some mmo qualities sprinkled lightly over the top.

This...and I wouldn't have it any other way! After all..it IS bioware, have you played ANY of their other games? Why the surprise...

so its a lvling game.. we get it...

/end subscription

No...not leveling...adventuring. Why does it have to be that the best is the end game and everything before is a chore to get there? I just do not get that.........this is the only genre of games where this kind of silliness is expected. Any other genre...its the exact opposite.

People can't take what they believe is non deserved critisism of their favorite game. It would be easier if the search function actually was working, but read thru the DEV blogs. High level content and more guild stuff is already on the list of things they want ASAP. MMO's stay alive by adding more content, most higher level because eventually everyone gets there and says "now what." The idea that until the very first person posted here about more endgame content they hadn't thought about it is a huge LoL, it's inane. Also I defy you to find someone who defends ANY critisism of the game.

Er..in a more (or maybe less) clear way...The idea that the DEV's hadn't thought about the need for more high level content and endgame until the first person on the forums (whomever that was) posted about it is just ludicrous.

With all due respect, I get the feeling you haven't gotten very far into the levelling yet. Once you get past the Prologue and Chapter 1, you realise that story quests make up about 10% of the levelling experience. Hardly 8 games worth of content when you take that into account. The sidequests becoming incredibly samey and boring at around the same stage. There are only so many ways biowares writers can come up with someone asking you to kill some droids, and it really shows. I hate to shatter the illusion for you, but if you roll another character on the same faction, the majority of your levelling experience will be repetition.

Ummmm there are multiple dialogue options to pick from to make each time around different. And than smashing things is fun to begin with, I love smashing things with different abilities on different play-throughs. Why is that shattering the bubble?

How is that different from killing the same 5 bosses each and every week? At least here I get completely different main story lines 8 times...not to mention dark/light choices.

Ummmm there are multiple dialogue options to pick from to make each time around different. And than smashing things is fun to begin with, I love smashing things with different abilities on different play-throughs. Why is that shattering the bubble?

How is that different from killing the same 5 bosses each and every week? At least here I get completely different main story lines 8 times...not to mention dark/light choices.

Sorry, where did I say I wanted to return to another mmo?

The multiple dialogue options effect very little. I played enough different classes in beta, EGA and live through the shared side quests to know that. Dark/Light choices give you the shallow illusion of choice that Bioware always gives you.

Really, if SWTOR combat really engages you that much then I suppose you are easy to please. I've played too many mmos for this simple gcd based combat to do anything for me.

I'm not paying $15 a month for nothing.

Your paying 15 dollars a month for an MMO that just released

There are bound to be bugs,

that 15 dollars you spend, contributes to fixing the problem faster,

Being a giant dagoth ur to everyone on the fourms, and the company trying to fix out the bugs, isnt going to get you anywhere

If you wanted quick knee jerk reactions to problems, go play skyrim i heard the dragons fly backwards now, BUT OH LOOK that level is fixed :/

Sorry, where did I say I wanted to return to another mmo?

The multiple dialogue options effect very little. I played enough different classes in beta, EGA and live through the shared side quests to know that. Dark/Light choices give you the shallow illusion of choice that Bioware always gives you.

Really, if SWTOR combat really engages you that much then I suppose you are easy to please. I've played too many mmos for this simple gcd based combat to do anything for me.

Ive played so many MMO's like in WoW i had to press the 3 key to launch a fireball, or when i was on my warrior i had to spaz out and bunny hop around my enemy to effectivly evade him, yea iam preety much pro at everything

this game does nothing for me because i know everything

Ive played so many MMO's like in WoW i had to press the 3 key to launch a fireball, or when i was on my warrior i had to spaz out and bunny hop around my enemy to effectivly evade him, yea iam preety much pro at everything

this game does nothing for me because i know everything

Mad biodrone who can't handle that his favourite game has carbon copy mmo combat detected? I think so.

The funboys reaction make me sick. They come to every thread someone tries to make a point and talk with others with same view, and the destroy any kind of conversation. And the admins just stand there and watch. Maybe the have good laugh saying "lol. let them fight each other why we get their subscription money".

Anyway, the other major problem with this is that US and EU players post at the same forums. Obviously there is a culture GAP between us and eu and you can see it. I don't want to say one is better, but this different cultures are shocking. You can see this difference at wow forums. I know that this fanboy retardeness come from US as other bad practices can come from EU. This "get a job" arguments are surely made on US since in EU you do not see such trash. I can come with trash from EU people as well but this is not the point.

I think that if they make different forums the community will probably sooth a bit. EU "fanboys" (if any) can cope with EU "whiners" and vice versa much easier. I think that apart from the mentally challenged trolls that enjoy the chaos in forums, there are many people here that want a more civilized, yet official, forum to express their opinions. So please, either make administration more strict or do something to ensure the forum quality.

Edited by Rayaleith

So having played through the game multiple times what exactly is there to do once you're level 50?

• There's PvP where you can grind out Warzones and hope you get something out of your random loot bags.
  • There's hard mode Flashpoints. Just level 50 versions of the Flashpoints you've already done before.
  • There's one Operation and a single boss for an incomplete Operation. You can only do these once a week per difficulty setting.

Where is the endgame?

Unlike other MMOs, this one starts at level 1, not at level 50. You spacebar'd and skipped your way to "endgame" in a game that does not focus on "endgame". Maybe this is not the game for you?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.