Gotta love people cancelling their accounts SOLELY because of PvP.

BouncerPup

People will never learn pvp makes or breaks a game. When the pvp is good people stay. Pve is only as loyal as the content is being pumped out. Pvper will play the same 4 matches over and over for years get a pver to do that. Wow became huge when arena and tbc came out. You ever see a MLG event for pve? I havent but ive seen alot of pvp events. You dont listen to pvpers and see how that goes and if you want a hint check out riftstaus.net and see how far a pe focused game gets you. The placepve works is consoles oh nvm the best games on consoles are also pvp focused that last for more then a couple months. Keep thinking you pve guys will keep a game going cause the moment the next game with fancy graphics or story comes out youll never rememeber the posts you made here.

Actually, it depends. In japan and in Asia fps shooter console games aren't very popular. Likewise, Japanese and asian games that are popular aren't popular in the west. Obviously, the big jackpot is making a game that is popular in both the east and west.

At any rate, I'm go out on a limb and say fps shooter games popularity will die out in time, after the market becomes saturated by fps games. It's only popular cause it still some thing new. Only people who had gaming pc's before the seventh generation and lesser extent sixth generation console systems had access to multiplayer fps over the net. Just give it time and the fps console game market will become saturated.

Edited by Knockerz

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that one of the biggest problems is not class imbalances, but just not even putting something there that can work.

Take my first introduction to Ilum, I get there and the enemy walks into the my base and kills me and starts farming kills on the spawn point! The defensive cannons are firing away and not stopping of even slowing them down!

Forget worries about class imbalances, this game is lacking in PvP on all kinds of levels! But it is not the low level PvP that is so poor, no, the low level PvP is great! (So long as lvl 50s stay out of the warzones) I have the time of my life!

Edited by scottmana

Guild Wars 2 ....................... already in beta testing phase

It's not out yet. Perhaps companies will change their tone when it comes out, assuming GW2 has any significant impact. If GW2 doesn't do as well or doesn't impact wow or any of the other major mmorpg companies, then no change in policy will be made by any ohter company. A pvp centric mmorpg is more like a niche market.

Edited by Knockerz

The problem here is people have very diiferent play styles, for example in wow it was possible to level up all the way to 85 using the cross server dungeon finder & the cross server pvp battlegrounds without having to quest if you didnt want to, many many people did this, I realise wow may not be all it was, but from a business standpoint it was very smart to cater to different peoples play styles.

So, when I play swtor, this hugely overhyped new mmo, Im seriously underwhelmed, yes the storylines & voice acting are brilliant, but thats kind of it, its star wars, so a few points for that, the graphics are meh at best, no cross server dungeon finder, no cross server pvp with multiple fun warzones you can choose individually, three poorly designed warzones with all levels dumped in together with a fail bolster system thats just fail..

Sadly the only way to get real action from mmo companies is to cancel your sub & wait for improvements while playing something else..

Bioware never stated that this was going to be a PvP-emphasized game. So I really don't see why so many people are quitting, making the claim that they got it ONLY for the PvP, when Bioware never stated that PvP was their primary focus. They've said it numerous times, the STORY is what they're all about, not the PvP content.

You guys set the bar too high and you'll always be disappointed.

The story is bland, the HMs are done (and where easy), dailies are repetative and the Ops aint great (but ok) - and while not doing these things I like to do something that isnt as easy and repetative - PvP. If the little PvP there is worked - id be happy - but it doesnt - lag and pointless open world objectives that encourage "trading"...

Maybe in 6 months the game will be worth playing...

Bolster needs completey removed and 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50 brackets needs to be implemented immediately.

~PVP Fixed

Lol, no. 50 only brackets since expertise is a 50 stat and owpvp needs fixing too.

The story is bland, the HMs are done (and where easy), dailies are repetative and the Ops aint great (but ok) - and while not doing these things I like to do something that isnt as easy and repetative - PvP. If the little PvP there is worked - id be happy - but it doesnt - lag and pointless open world objectives that encourage "trading"...

Maybe in 6 months the game will be worth playing...

Well until then I'm gonna do my PvP dailies, so when PvP DOES get fixed I'll be well-geared for it, and future content as well.

Bolster needs completey removed and 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50 brackets needs to be implemented immediately.

~PVP Fixed

Actually I agree with this but would leave bolstering in place, many of us experienced wow pvp and players were often owned by others at the top end of their bracket. By leaving bolstering it's the closest we would get to a level playing field, where a players skill and not gear will determine who wins the fight.

Edited by NoxiousAlby

I wouldn't call myself a PvPer but, having followed the development forums, it was painfully obvious that this was not going to be a favorite of the PvP community. You could tell by how much they talked about non-PvP facets of the game and barely would discuss PvP. In my case, seeing a smaller dose of the typical ills attributed to worst PvP players made SWTOR even more attractive to this PvE-oriented player. I do feel bad for those that did not get what they expected but, the handwriting was on the walls.

• 4 weeks later...
Why continue to pay for a working game? Everytime they patch it seems to me they break more than they fix. Not to mention they are not penalizing players for exploiting the ilum bug the first day the patch went live. I just canceled my account also. Don't get me wrong I would love this game if it worked as advertised. I feel as though when i log in to play that it is a part time job and, I should be getting paid to play it. I will reactivate my account when Bioware gets thier crap together.

Bioware never stated that this was going to be a PvP-emphasized game. So I really don't see why so many people are quitting, making the claim that they got it ONLY for the PvP, when Bioware never stated that PvP was their primary focus. They've said it numerous times, the STORY is what they're all about, not the PvP content.

"Stop liking what I don't like"

...no.

Most people who want a pvp centric game, are alrady in a PvP centric game. These people who are still posting whining about bad pvp, and saying the will quit have already paid for one month (free month is already over) and are just whining cause well, they like to whine.

TLDR

They wanted to pwn face in a PVE centric game and when they couldnt be 1v5 wz champs they qq.

Actually it's not that crazy at all. Most people have MMO end game experience and even if they like PvE content, it doesn't last forever. To fill in the holes between content pushes, PvP is often the fall back activity that people engage in. If those players see PvP as unplayable now, there really isn't any reason to stick around.

Plus, the PvE content here isn't that great anyways.

I think your forgetting that all the high end gear you get is acquired through PvP. You dont get it any other way really. All the champion gear is obtained via PvP. So your completely wrong. PvP is very emphasized and you kinda have to do it to stay involved with the game and your peers.

Space combat.

Lol?

Hf, cu in 2 months.

Hardmodes. Operations.

... drop crap, and not worth doing (in addition to being buggy as hell, and 95% filled with boring trash).

Ilum dailies.

Enjoy the worst pve in MMO history?

Crafting.

Credits are useless, everything you can craft is crap compared to pvp gear.

7 other characters each with their own unique storyline

You obviously have no clue.

Sitting in fleet all day chatting with friends.

I have a better idea.

Chatting with your REAL LIFE friends all day long, IN REAL LIFE?

In other words, people PvP (and unsub because of it) because it's the only end game activity that can keep you subbed.

Edited by wixxkruppel

I think your forgetting that all the high end gear you get is acquired through PvP. You dont get it any other way really. All the champion gear is obtained via PvP. So your completely wrong. PvP is very emphasized and you kinda have to do it to stay involved with the game and your peers.

I agree. Gear is gained through PvP or raiding, and raiding and doing flashpoints is a grind, repetitive, and doing something over and over is not fun. At least w PvP, the experiences are dynamic even though you play the same maps over and over. When you go into a flashpoint, the mobs are always in the same places, do the same things, etc. Gets old. PvP is different every time. PvP is what a lot of people do when they max level. It's the only thing left to do after you go through all the endgame content. If it's broken, then there is nothing left for me to see here.

I subbed for another month after I max leveled, and the same day I got a dose of level 50 PvP and then cancelled my sub. I don't think Bioware will solve its serious issues with PvP in time to keep people from jumping to a different title or back to the game they always return to after a new release fails to deliver.

All I read was BLA BLA BLA, I hate pvp, and Bioware made this a PVE game. I don't understand how to play that PvP craziness. Story Story Story, bla bla bla, chatting with friends, bla bla bla, Single player game are better bla bla bla. PvP scares me. I like Mario Brothers and Yoshi, with some Kirbi on the side. Bla bla bla, I like PvE so you must also like it.

Does that about sum it up?

Some just liked to storm through everything as soon as they can.

The biggest issue is that most will never be happy with anything unless it is their own creation. If it isn't, then there is always room for criticism. There will always be something that people are not happy with. There will also be something that some are very happy with. Then there are those of whom will actually give things a fair chance. That goes for everything in life, not just a game.

If people cancel for PvP, or for Space reasons, or what have you, why should anyone really care what they do with their time, money and life? It really is no ones business other then their own and that of Bio-Ware. They simply post due to wanting attention.

If they say otherwise, like so many do in the forms of, "I want to see this game succeed, really..." or "if it was done like this..." they are fooling no one. There are ways to give feedback that is constructive and well thought out. Most of the threads that pop up about leaving the game come across to me as being childish really.

Out of the ones leaving, I would say that 80% will be back within the next 6-12 months. 20% more then likely will not come back in that time but are also ones that usually just launch hop from one title to another.

Those that have refused to look more into some of my postings in the past, especially about space, really are missing the big picture. The game is just starting. No matter what anyone wants to say. Things happen and things only develop as fast as humanly possible. Those with all of the complaints, tend also not to be part of the solution but more so part of the problem themselves. Great examples are those not reporting exploits seen but yet sharing them while at the same time complaining about them.

Hey, just like every other posting out there, this one is just made out of my personal opinion. Take what you will from it. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.