The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Spitballing a hybrid AP/pyrotech pvp spec

Rancherman

Let's take a look of a few key categories for PvP (out of 5 points for each category):

Damage: No brainer this spec will have good damage with free Rail Shot crit and PPA. But will its damage be better a deep Pyro build? With no parses and combat log right now, it's difficult to tell. Pyro burst will still outclass this build with Thermal Detonator. [3/5]

Survivability: You will be really squishy since you don't have Stabilized Armor, and Pyro doesn't offer any talent that will help you in this category. [1/5]

Mobility: You have Hydraulic Override. For one, it's quite underwhelming comparing to Jet Charge on maps like Huttball. It does not stack with sprint when moving out of combat. If you use it before a knock back, good player will wait it out then use it (or use a different cd like force speed instead). If you use it after a knock back for the speed, you still have to waste time to catch up to your target. You could also be stunned during its duration. So knock back into stun will totally ruin it. [3/5]

Edited by Trungalung

Thanks for the feedback. So your saying that something like this

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010zZrsMrobckZfhrbzh.1

would be much better in terms of both damage and survivabilty?

My main question for anyone who plays pyrotech is that when i tried it around lvl 25, i was always really high on heat whereas when playing AP i could manage much easier and have much more sustained damage. Am i playing Pyrotech wrong or is that normal?

That is what most people were going to role for pvp before all the good players found out that you suck if your not in ion gas guarding a healer and face rolling everything in your path.

I could do top damage every single warzone if I wanted to; but I would lose so many matches and losing matches slows your gear progression by about 75%.

If your REALLY want to dps that much in PVP go a hybrid tank/dps spec and do everyone on your team a favor(not that 90% of this games community deserves to have good players on their team) and play a build like this where you stay in ion.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMGrbRboMZrsMrob.1

At the end of the day even if you use that hybrid spec you are not playing the way you should if you want to win warzones. It's Shieldtech all the way. We are not Marauder's where we have a viable dps/tank hybrid that is actually as useful as straight up tank in pvp.

Edited by Montijin