Empire heirarchy

Stormcloudx

Ok I know this may be stupid to some but me and my friend have spent the past 10 minutes in OOC chat arguing over this. (possible spoilers below)

We're on kath hound and decided to Rp an imperial agent (Xira) and a Sith warior (Nerius).

Now the argument is over how Xira needs to be a yes master servant and not give him any complaints when he says do something or call her a lowly creature or that he owns her and could kill her at any point.

Now far be it for an agent to question a sith..but by the very fact that at this point the agent is working directly by the order of Darth Jadas (soon to be brought before the dark council for whatever that scene was). Now Nerius is only an apprentice even though he is sith..how far does his power technically stretch..I would think she had an obligation to her mission above all else and the original commands given to her. Not giving in to the whole as a sith, it allows the warrior to give any command and it must be followed.

Edited by Stormcloudx

Force users are considered Royalty, non force users are ALWAYS subservient. There is however an exception. If the non force user is an agent of a more powerful force user, they still must use honorifics such as lord or lady to the force user but they can be condescending or imply weakness though never able to come out directly and declare it.

Off the top of my head the example i can think of is the Lord Scourge, Darth Nyriss, and Nyriss agent Surik.

Surik went so far as to set Scourge up several times to try and get him killed, and even though Scurge know what Surik was doing he was unable to do anything about it out of fear of Darth Nyriss.

Force users are considered Royalty, non force users are ALWAYS subservient. There is however an exception. If the non force user is an agent of a more powerful force user, they still must use honorifics such as lord or lady to the force user but they can be condescending or imply weakness though never able to come out directly and declare it.

Off the top of my head the example i can think of is the Lord Scourge, Darth Nyriss, and Nyriss agent Surik.

Surik went so far as to set Scourge up several times to try and get him killed, and even though Scurge know what Surik was doing he was unable to do anything about it out of fear of Darth Nyriss.

I see..so it comes down to Darh Jadas being her darth....while darth Baras is his darth..sounds like a tie.

*Sigh* Knew this would up eventually. Half of it is the whole deal of who has the higher rank and who's Master is the bigger dog, but if were looking at it from a lore aspect then theirs nothing to really stop said Imperial Agent from drilling a hole between the Sith's eyes and discarding of the body.

Imperial Intelligence is actually quite fond of snatching people up people in the middle of the night only to have them never heard from again. So while yes, in any technical sense the Sith 'Royalty' have ranking over non-Sith, that doesn't always work out like that in real life.

And for Bounty Hunters? *Chuckles* Well that's an entire different animal all together.

It'll come down to (on top of what others have said also) how effectively you RP as a pair. I've played through the story as my Imperial Agent, Agent Moriarty with my friend who is a Sith Warrior and i've not had this issue.

Initially when we started he did simply treat me as an expendable pawn and I, in character complied to his every whim. However, as the game progressed Moriarty earned the Sith's respect through combat and guile. Sure I still defer up to him but as an rping duo we give each other allowances. I joke at his expense, I pitch tactics for certain jobs. Our characters built an IC rapport.

That would be, in my opinion, the best way to work through this. The bottom line is in the eyes of the Emperor, the Moff's and what have you the Agent is lower on the food chain, but that doesn't mean the Sith HAS to treat the Agent like filth if he has earned respect. Just my 2 cents.

There are a number of 'classes' among the Sith, that aren't really classes. In actuality, there are three classes; the slaves, the citizens and the sith. However, there are two more groups that must be considered; the chiss and the subjugates.

First, you have the slaves. According to the laws of the Empire, slaves cannot be freed unless they are Sith(or unless they are recruited to be agents, who's history gets wiped). Rattataki, Twi'lek, Zabrak, humans and so forth make up these ranks.

Then, you have the subjugates. Subjugates come from worlds conquered by the Empire or people that have migrated to the Empire. Subjugates have the possibility of gaining full citizenship eventually, if they proof useful to the empire. Twi'lek subjugates are unheard of. Most worlds conquered by the republic are enslaved and taken into the slave class, from which not even their descendants are allowed to be free. Subjugates are primarily from those worlds that were forced to surrender or in one way or another collaborated with the Sith. Rattataki, Zabrak and humans are the most usual subjugates. Many subjugates are mercenaries.

The true citizens. They are generally, if not always, human. A lot also have at least an inkling of sith blood in them. Alien citizens are rare, but they exist. Many true citizens descend from those that fled to Dromund Kaas in the Hyperspace war. It is also more likely to find Chiss in this class than other aliens. The True Sith Empire also runs a eugenics program to constantly perfect the genes of their citizens, making them less prone to diseases, allergies and other genetic diseases and weaknesses that the subjugates and slaves have.

There is only one group that can be considered allies of the empire, and that is the Chiss. The Chiss are brilliant negotiators and diplomats and they became the first true allies to the Empire without planning to revolt. The Chiss are also one of the few people allied with the Sith that have their own government and any imperial must have permission to come to their lands. In the same way, any Chiss that comes to the empire acknowledges it's autority there.

Finally, the top class are the Sith, which have a social world completely to their own. While the rest of society lives a relatively normal life, the Sith class is a true meritocracy; the weak die. Not enslavement, but death. This keeps the Sith class pure and makes their power grow continuously. This is the only class that pureblood are born into; all force-sensitives become Sith or die in the Empire. And all purebloods are force-sensitive. And those few that are not or barely are generally killed after birth. So, by a good rule of the thumb; citizens bow to purebloods. Otherwise, the Sith class sports a lot of different races. The Pureblood race is actually a hybridization with humans and other alien races. Therefore, the Sith class is generally more accepting towards aliens and hybrids, as long as they are force-sensitives.

Edited by Sacredless