rakata medpac in warzone

Letsplayrift

I think biochem is way better than any other crafting skill for PvP because unless you carry around hundreds of stims, it's just unlikely you'll be using them on a regular basis given the nontrivial effort it takes to get the materials. The purple stuff needs to be changed to say 10 charges or 20 charges of that stuff, rechargeable at any vendor but biochem guys get a 50% discount to recharge. The BoP items from other skills don't seem to compare to infinite potions even in PvE, let alone PvP.

I think biochem is way better than any other crafting skill for PvP

This is the only valid point you've made this entire thread. TECHNICALLY, the only thing being a BioChem saves you is credits, since TECHNICALLY you can buy the green/blue quality stims/medpacs/adrenals that a BioChem makes but that requires:

1. A well-funded Biochem selling these things all around like hotcakes

2. A lot of credits

3. A lot of trips to the GTN, etc.

So the question is, when does "technically" become "stil better than everything else in every conceivable way"?

There is basically no personal benefit to having a non-biochem profession maxed, and CERTAINLY no financial benefit due to the BEST pre-raid gear being obtainable from solo dailies, even though it should be from crafting in some form or fashion.

Go Biochem, get the Rakata stuff you want, then feel free to switch to whichever crew skill you want next. Maybe Cybertech to get a reusable grenade or two? Once you're 50, you can go from 1-400 pretty easily, and with all the BoP schematics, I'm convinced Bioware wants you switching back and fourth. Edited by Lymain

Go Biochem, get the Rakata stuff you want, then feel free to switch to whichever crew skill you want next. Maybe Cybertech to get a reusable grenade or two? Once you're 50, you can go from 1-400 pretty easily, and with all the BoP schematics, I'm convinced Bioware wants you switching back and fourth.

AFAIK the consumables require you to actually have the skill to use them

The basic crafted ones do, but not the Rakata ones. It's the same with the grenades from Cybertech, and there are many schematics you will loot that make BoP items. You don't need to have the crew skill in order to use those items. Edited by Lymain

The basic crafted ones do, but not the Rakata ones. It's the same with the grenades from Cybertech, and there are many schematics you will loot that make BoP items. You don't need to have the crew skill in order to use those items.

This part is something i assume will soon be fixed

Yea the medpack isn't the issue its biochem as a whole being way better than any other crafting with Cybertech being the only other one useful for anything other than feeding alts. A Biochem crafter has reusable stims, medpacks, and adrenals. That's like having another more powerful relic slot, a massive heal that restores most of their health every 90 seconds, and a massive buff to their damage/defense stat. It's not cost effective for non-biochem to maintain all these (or possible given that the rakata versions are better than any that are sell-able to non-biochem crafters)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.