The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

All I Have to Say is WOW...

Acheilus

Seriously?

You are suprised that an MMO forum is full of negative posts in the first month? I can't remember an MMO that wasn't including everyone's little golden child WoW.

I can go back to UO and all there was is complaining.

Of course there was an occasional contrarian who would gush about whatever was broken, but he would be ignored because of his transparent fan-boy-ism.

And of course people attacking other people for complaining.

Also; there was people complaining about the complaining and being attacked by people complaining about their complaining about all of the complaining.

typical i'll informed post

95% of the bugs i have reported to date....i reported back in beta. the only new one is the chat and user interfaces breaking completely. seeing the same green light issues i saw in june, the same kira bug i got in july, the same taral 5 bug in october, and the same issues with the sage quest line i had the entirety of beta says that while i hope youre right....

your hope is misplaced

I had problems in the closed WoW beta that weren't fixed for over a year after release.

Welcome to MMO's newbie

Never ceases to amaze me just how unprofessional people think Bioware or other gaming companies actually are.

You can't honestly believe they are just ignoring these threads and casually whistling about as if there is nothing going on.

Have you considered that perhaps the very reason they HAVE NOT gone all crazy addressing the public is because the game is doing just fine; and it is truly a VERY SMALL minority living in the forums?

That's why people said Mythic kept ignoring their community in Warhammer. Because the game was doing so awesome that Mythic didn't have to bother with listening to their community.

I find it hilarious that there is virtually NO positive threads on these forums. Perhaps those who are delighted by this game are playing and not complaining, or perhaps their not...

Bioware should probably be worried about the large amount of hate hey are getting, and work on fixing the easy problems like no chat bubbles... Otherwise, they are risking their "MMO" and to be honest, this was to big of an undertaking to just lose all of that money.

Anyone taking the Forum status to be state of game is going to be misguided, in a huge way. The happy people are all engrossed in their stories and enjoying the game (Or stuck at work and trolling the forum like myself). Angry forum goers from all over have flocked here to rant and rage that their one desire is a game breaker and ignore that TOR took the record for largest MMO release. Bioware has over 1 million people playing their game, and I would expect less than 1% of them are here on the forums. They have done fine and will profit from this game despite the folks that cannot see beyond today.

Angry, frustrated and dissatisfied customers are more vocal than those who either don't care (because they know problems will exist and will get fixed) or are otherwise enjoying themselves too much to care.

or silently quitting like Aoc or Warhammar

Bull...........I have seen well written, thought out, and constructive threads made only to be flamed and told to go back to WoW, people don't take criticism of ANY kind nicely, someone could have made a meal and then someone could say "Well it was good but it could have used a bit more of this" and they will get up in arms about it.

But the people who flame them aren't BioWare. Yes, the decent threads get flamed, but the only people who really need to read them are BioWare. Even if it gets flak, it's being bumped up to the top just the same, making it easier to spot.

Chat bubbles ? Do you really want it back like SWG was ? You could hardly see the enviroment because of all the chat bubbles. If that makes it into the game i am not playing anymore.

It's an optional feature. Turn it off if you don't care for it.

I agree with you, I usually come here everyday to check out what is happening with the game, and in the past week there has been a HUGE increase in negeative "feedback" threads. Since then it makes me question why I like the game due to responses that I see here. But at the end of the day, when I am playing the game, I am happy and enjoy the experience I am having, which then reminds me why I like this game

. I think the biggest reason why we see these threads is because people have "something" to compare this game too. And because of that people judge this game on what it is not doing rather then what it is doing. I don't thin that Bioware will be able to make everyone happy as quickly has they want to be and that could affect the success rate of this game in the near future.

I think everyone is just upset because SWTOR is basically still in Beta.

You can make a generalized statement of how negative forums are, but thats simply not true. If SWTOR was a fully developed game, then people not only would not complain, but make countless threads on how amazing aspects of the game are.

What is there to write positive about now? The lack of serious PvP, the broken endgame PvE content, the repetative quests or how pointless and a joke Space Combat is? SWTOR is an ok game, but definately nowhere near where the hype was.

If you want to see people being positive in forums, go to the Diablo III forums. We already know that game is amazing and people who are in Beta cant stop praising it. Now that is a game that is correctly being developed.

Edited by lycrates

That's why people said Mythic kept ignoring their community in Warhammer. Because the game was doing so awesome that Mythic didn't have to bother with listening to their community.

One obscure failure of a company that has no business in MMOs, let alone video games, acts all foolish and now we have the right to assume all other MMOs in the preset and future will do the same? And if so, do we also now have the right to crap all over their hard work with the worst of the worst types of threads? Threatening to quit, threatening to boycott, threatening to get as many people to quit so their entire game, company, and future is snuffed out? Death threats?

Edited by dreadpirateandy

Because they are too busy playing :)

Or feel like it's pointless to say so. Any statement of like or dislike turns into this odd repetitive chatter. I've never seen so many people so worked up about liking or not liking a game.

I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

I keep coming back to the forms hoping people are talking about things other than what they want that was in such a such game that isn't this one. Or seeing if the flame wars have died down and people are actually discussing gameplay, tactics, storylines, or other aspects of the game. I see it happening little by little not enough yet.

Hello, folks! We ask that discussion on the General Discussion forum be centered around Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Due to this being a discussion of the forums, we will be closing the thread for being off topic. Thanks!