Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why are a "select few" getting to play , when we purchased the same thing?

cylak

as title says.

Discrimination much?

add in the other problems, lvl issues , especially on pvp servers, economies ruined , players having clear advantages.I could go on and on, there are millions of problems with this staggered launch, its mindblowing that nobody in any of these companies didnt realize the problem this was going to create.

You will find alot of people no longer buy things from the companies assiocated with this game, i know that for a fact, because i already have friends who refuse to play anything EA has there name on, which is this, even though its star wars and they like it, they wont play due to EA, now, all i can say is WOW, way to go with this latest debarcle.

this is Coming from a very pissed of customer

We all knew this when we Pre-ordered.

The email on July 21st told us that Early Access would be awarded in order of pre-orders.

Now go take some time to QQ because Bioware is doing exactly what they said they would.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not complaining about early access since it was pretty clearly stated when preordering access would be granted in order of preordering/reclaiming.

In a few days, everyone will be in, so why worry? It's this or being frustrated about queues and servers crashing due to load.

However, what's not really helping are people currently playing throwing fuel on the fire...

but hey, it shows the community in this game is going to be ***, just like in WoW.

Edited by Dizzident

If everyone was cramming into one car, I can guarantee that they'd all be attending at least one funeral.

--

Chained-Fei

Previously of "Xenosaga" forums

Exactly.

I for one, am VERY glad BW planned a staggered launch way WAY back when they announced it in July.

stop feeding us this ******** excuse, you shard the gosh darn starting areas just like every other mmo. just like ea/bw shards the class zones and group quest zones and firepoints. the not waiting for a mob is a giant red herring you've swallowed like a first mmo game playing noob.

LOL

mmmkay.

Here's what'll happen:

Since the rollout is DYNAMIC and NOT SCHEDULED, the best they could do is a rough guestimate. Say they gave you one and emphasized THIS IS JUST TENTATIVE. 90% of these forums would take it as gospel and the INSTANT it was inaccurate (which a guestimate is SURE to be) lo and behold the nerd rage to follow.

They CAN'T GIVE YOU A GOOD TIMETABLE. So why give one at all?? Just to make these forums worse??

If they honestly don't have enough data on their own servers to come up with at least somewhat decent timetable they've got more problems than the launch going poorly. Think about it though, over shoot everyone's times greatly so it would take a catastrophic failure for them not to get in by that time. People leave the forums since they have a clue as to what is going on instead of running around like headless chickens posting how much they hate BioWare Staggered Launches and EA. The when things inevitably go ahead of schedule because the time table was probably garbage and lies to begin with, I get a pleasant surprise in my email saying yay we are ahead of schedule! Then BioWare looks great for being ahead of schedule, people don't constantly complain from lack of information and everything is hunky dorry.

I guess that discrimination is a joke to you.

He illustrating absurtity by being absurd. Comparing not getting in on the first day of early access with actual discrimination is the real joke. Not making a comic bit out it. I swear political correctness is just crippling society.

If they honestly don't have enough data on their own servers to come up with at least somewhat decent timetable they've got more problems than the launch going poorly. Think about it though, over shoot everyone's times greatly so it would take a catastrophic failure for them not to get in by that time. People leave the forums since they have a clue as to what is going on instead of running around like headless chickens posting how much they hate BioWare Staggered Launches and EA. The when things inevitably go ahead of schedule because the time table was probably garbage and lies to begin with, I get a pleasant surprise in my email saying yay we are ahead of schedule! Then BioWare looks great for being ahead of schedule, people don't constantly complain from lack of information and everything is hunky dorry.

OR be smart and not start a stupid mess by releasing an inaccurate time table.

I am a little anoyed about how things will most likely end up .

If you figure they will get 2 months in tomorrow. Then everyone that register late is F'ed, however waves is a good way to ensure things go smoothly. I just feel that it should be based on who is paying EA more CE,DE then the rest. It's truely the most honorable way and speaks the language of the world $$$$$ . It is not right to say that just because someone put their code in first get's em in first when you have different purchase options .

Edited by Armagon_

no its people getting an advantage , which they should not be getting, we all purchased a PREORDER , why in the hell are people playing and some are not?

Because they told they would let people in based on when they pre-ordered?

Stop being a baby and suck it up, princess.

as title says.

Discrimination much?

add in the other problems, lvl issues , especially on pvp servers, economies ruined , players having clear advantages.I could go on and on, there are millions of problems with this staggered launch, its mindblowing that nobody in any of these companies didnt realize the problem this was going to create.

You will find alot of people no longer buy things from the companies assiocated with this game, i know that for a fact, because i already have friends who refuse to play anything EA has there name on, which is this, even though its star wars and they like it, they wont play due to EA, now, all i can say is WOW, way to go with this latest debarcle.

this is Coming from a very pissed of customer

LOL Manshoon from Zentil Keep.

More like "this is Coming from a very bad player who is the laughing stock of every game he's ever played"

Anyway, we're all lucky because I guess this means you won't be playing. That's very exciting for everyone.

There is a difference between "this is what they said would happen" and what should have happened. This is the worst possible way to start an MMO.

A few of my friends are playing, I will be in tomorrow, a lot more of my friends will not be able to play for a few days. How am I supposed to level with my guild when we don't get to play on the same day?

There will be level 50's when some people are still level 1, how is that fair?

There will be people ganking those who don't start playing until the 20th.

This is terrible; I have always hated a head start program and this staggered version is a thousand times worse.

Wen you start an MMO, everyone should be starting on a level playing field and this early access hurts the gamers so much and is only in effect because it helps Bioware. I want this game to succeed so much, because I am tired of running back to WoW when every MMO in the last 7 years has failed, but SWTOR is off to a terrible start.

Alienating 90% of your fanbase on Day 1, really? That is a terrible way to try and be successful in the long run.

I guess BW should cancel the EA and hold the launch date until everyone who intends to buy SWTOR gets a copy and then launch the game. I mean, it's the only fair thing to do!

LOL Manshoon from Zentil Keep.

More like "this is Coming from a very bad player who is the laughing stock of every game he's ever played"

Anyway, we're all lucky because I guess this means you won't be playing. That's very exciting for everyone.

ahhh a fan i have stomped from other games, oh how you make me smile FAN.