Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why are a "select few" getting to play , when we purchased the same thing?

cylak

Waiting in line?

Nah, that's why we have self-checkout now.

So if someone is using the self-checkout already, you just shove them out of the way and throw all their stuff on the floor so you can use it RIGHT NOW instead of waiting your turn?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So if someone is using the self-checkout already, you just shove them out of the way and throw all their stuff on the floor so you can use it RIGHT NOW instead of waiting your turn?
What kind of nub waits in line? Pff..shove those bishes out of the way and move on. Corn flakes? You don't need any stinkin Corn Flakes get tfo of my way, nao!

This is what all those complainers remind me of.

Billy: But mom why does Sally get to play with the ball first?

Mom: Because she got it first. You can play with it in 10 min.

Billy: But i dont care. I want to play with the ball now!

Mom: I'm sorry Billy. You will just have to wait. Why don't you go play with your lego for now and in 10 min you will be able to play with the ball.

You are just so completely wrong on Cataclysm. It only had 550,000 pre-orders. SW:TOR was over 900,000 before EGA. Back under the bridge with you.

Way more than 900k. I assume you are referencing VGChartz, which is only US, non digital pre orders. More likely than not, they are somewhere between 2-3 million preorders.

Mom: I'm sorry Billy. You will just have to wait. Why don't you go play with your lego for now and in 10 min you will be able to play with the ball.

And then Billy shoves Sally out of the way and grabs the ball. That's the proper thing to do..after throwing the stupid legos at mom.

You dont have to stand in a pitch black room for 2-3 days with no idea of when you are going to get a chance to use the checkout in the first place.

Way more than 900k. I assume you are referencing VGChartz, which is only US, non digital pre orders. More likely than not, they are somewhere between 2-3 million preorders.

That's correct, but I wasn't comparing it to Cataclysms world-wide either. Just making a point. Yes, you are correct it was only 900,000 US.

QFT

10char

This is a game not a grocery store, not a lottery ticket not a concert.

If bioware planned this they shouldn't have advertised early access as part of pre-order

Or at least they should say from day 1 that this will be a staggering release so that everyone who bought the service could know what they were buying!

Oh wait... they actually said that.

You dont have to stand in a pitch black room for 2-3 days with no idea of when you are going to get a chance to use the checkout in the first place.

You also aren't going to spend many years at the super market, so complaining about what ammounts to less that half a percent of the total time you will play this game is really just plain silly.

EDIT - I accidently a word.

Edited by chaztheweird

You mean quoting for propaganda? There are literally thousands of posts all over about login issues during Cataclysm launch.

Fail.

Could you link to one that is 1000 pages long? or has such a large proportion of its customers upset? There was a small percentage of people experiencing login issues and the only reason it happened is because Blizzard did not take down the servers for Cata launch. The clock hit midnight and millions of people hammered the login server to load Cata. Most of those people were in within 10 mins.

SWTOR has been out officially for 19 hours(?) and I still can't play.

This isn't groceries or tickets to a show, this is a game. They knew they has 3 million subscribers wanting to play on day 1. They should have had the hardware in effect to handle that many.

This drives me crazy, this is NOT DAY 1!!! Day 1 is the 20th. We are getting free game time. If you want to be the first to 50, find a new server when you get your access (they said they will be adding new servers DAILY) And get to 50 before the rest of the world gets to play on the 20th.

I for one am disappointed that I don't get to play yet, but I also know that since my pre-order was later, that I wouldn't be until a couple days in. Disappointed but realistic.

You've clearly never been behind the old lady who can't figure out how the self-checkout works. :mon_trap:

omg are you seriously upset over this EGA stuff. I Wasnt really "pissed" when i found out how EGA worked...you know why? BECAUSE ITS A GAME!!!

GROW THE **** UP GUYS

you come on a forum make a thread and and complain fair enough but its the people that have said there done and canceled their game due to this. ok your out why are you still here? Its so weird that people do that. Its like you think your entitled to a apology by the game company. Get off your high horse and be a member of your community not some troll behind a screen.

I will say this again

This is misrepresentation on there behalf

Not at any point did they have there provider let the customer know, YOU WILL BE PLAYING AFTER THE PEOPLE WHO PREORDERED BEFORE YOU.

Nowere this was stated to me, which is against the law.

FLAME OFF

I found this so funny that i went on the south park message forums and suggested this launch for an episode...like the WoW one.

It starts off with cartman bashing his head on the keyboard screaming "mom, bioware isnt letting me in to play SWToR on the first day". So, cartman, kenny, kyle, and stan all set off to get even with the bioware/ea gms/devs and get their early access, one way or another.

Would be an instant classic )

Flame ON

Could you link to one that is 1000 pages long? or has such a large proportion of its customers upset? There was a small percentage of people experiencing login issues and the only reason it happened is because Blizzard did not take down the servers for Cata launch. The clock hit midnight and millions of people hammered the login server to load Cata. Most of those people were in within 10 mins.

SWTOR has been out officially for 19 hours(?) and I still can't play.

SWTOR is not out. It isn't out until the 20th. Just like Cata wasn't out until the 7th. SW:TOR's launch day is going to blow Cata's away, and the Devs are trying to prepare for that by getting all the servers up and running smoothly. Blizzard's server infrastructure had already been in place for 7 years. Apples and Organes anyway. I'm going to get a bag of popcorn and really watch the launch day whining.