The swtor community is eerily reminiscent of...

Naitaka

...the Hellgate London community. Disproportionate amount of hate directed at the Developers, checked. Fanboi defense force out to call every post with an ounce of negativity troll, checked. Every thread looking like a PvP War Zone gone bad, checked. Community Managers working overtime, checked.

Whatever the case with Bioware's launch of the game itself, you can't argue the fact that the community is not off to a good start, let's just hope we don't starting seeing "Bioware'ed.com" popping up soon.

Do people on the forum honestly think that once Dec 20th rolls around, everyone will just forgive and forget and put all the bad blood and animosity from the EGA out of their mind? Whatever the EGA might have done for server stability, it is doing way more effective of a job of splitting the community into elitist ***** (according to one side) and whining QQer who don't have the patience to wait their turn (according to the other side).

Do people on the forum honestly think that once Dec 20th rolls around, everyone will just forgive and forget and put all the bad blood and animosity from the EGA out of their mind? Whatever the EGA might have done for server stability, it is doing way more effective of a job of splitting the community into elitist ***** (according to one side) and whining QQer who don't have the patience to wait their turn (according to the other side).

Well i think theres a really big bunch of ppl in the middle of those 2 extremes that accutaly am pacient and is waiting to get into the game.. and tbh.. i think its the majority

Mark my words. Most of this will die down today when the larger majority of players start getting in.

When people are running around playing and having fun, this will become a distant memory.

Moreover, when a large majority are in before the 15th which was the original promised date anyway (they are starting early, for the love of Pete!), I think some of the nerdrage will subside.

If BW is true to their word (see dev tracker recently), many waves will go out today. That will be a very good thing.

Correct answer? No.

Next step? Lack of grace period for non Digital (/amazon) purchasers.

I like how you can look in the future and claim whether my speculation is true.

I've seen stuff far less trivial than this get sidelined days after being a non-issue.

Of course they will forget. People are shallow.

My favorite, origin account forum dates. Hilarious isn't it? Maybe i should pop my BW 90's games and show pic to show my elitism of how old I've payed bioware for games. Most of these kids and poor adults can't do that.

Pathetic I know, but it's their type of language.

Except Hellgate London was an awful game

Shouldn't have charged for Online

and made multiple account errors (charging people tons)

Bioware is doing exactly what they said they would do.

People are angry because they feel self-entitled. That is all.

Yah, I'm not saying Bioware have done anything wrong by sticking to their plan. However, regardless of whether the launch is a success itself. A significant amount of people seems not to be taking it very well. And this community is suffering as a result.

Most of the interaction I've had with other Bioware fans on the forum was overwhelmingly positive before swtor, and now we have this...

Of course they will forget. People are shallow.

Perhaps they would, how ever 20th will very much remind us, with all servers going down for 2 hours, and everyone having plenty of time to prepare for them to come back up, what exactly do you think is gonna happen?

No the people who actually feel strongly on either side won't forget. Just all the people in the middle who dont care + all the people who play the game later and have no idea this is going on right now will outnumber them so much that any post about EGA/Launch will get buried on page 6

Why is it always "fanbois"? There are a lot of girls out here wanting to play SWTOR too y'know :<. It is hurtful the way everyone assumes everyone else online is a massive male loser who sits on the computer all day.

Seriously cut it out with these stereotypes of geekdom.

I'm not sure that people feel "self-entitled," personally i'm upset because it took the better part of a month for me to receive my early access code because of a Gamestop/Bioware error... So now i have to stand in the back of the line... When in reality i should be nearer to the middle... I know that most of the people who are mad are most-likely like me and had a hard time even getting a early access code.. And in order to get one it took days of e-mailing bioware and gamestop... I know it took me more than 6 days of e-mailing bioware and posting of the customer support forums to get my early access...

but i have a plan... (Jedi Mind Trick) *Bioware you want to let me in the game today, in the first wave* there that should do it.... LOL

Edited by NervZero

Most of the interaction I've had with other Bioware fans on the forum was overwhelmingly positive before swtor, and now we have this...

I am still sticking to my notion that people are here right now trolling and instigating because its super easy to do. Lots of troll feed on the ground round here, like the guy "tell me were it says that on the box" from yesterday, and I see he's had a few new threads already today

PLZ PLZ PLZ

Will everyone just enjoy the dam game.

It stated at the beginning the quicker you buy the game the more EGA one would get.

(im not in yet)

Also what is the rush this is the only MMO i wont be rushing to LVL.

Ill be getting in before most my guildies, so ill lvl my alt first and so i can enjoy lvling my main with my friends when everyone is in.

Race to lvl first well get there and be on your own, all it shows is that you have no life and does not make you any more elitist than anyone else.

I guess after the 20th New servers will be up so if people wanna start a fresh with new guild new friends or just want that name they missed then all start on a new server.

Chill ax its a new game with a great story and atmosphere enjoy it.

EGA is not a right but a Perk, For all those people who think they miss important information to give them a boost in EGA, read this http://liberi-fatali.net/the-old-republic/star-wars-the-old-republic-guide-and-faq/ Damm good guide to teh game answers millions of questions.

Xirkster

Peace

also we was told we would get 5 days of EGA they gave us 2 extra not even 24 hours in it and people are complaining that they aint in well in theory in what they promised originally no one should be in.

These EGA are a final beta really, its there to get the game stable before official release tidy up any bugs and exploits and make sure the servers are good for the 20th. This is a massive IT project which they have to make runs perfectly by the 20th and they are doing amazing Good job Bioware and ea keep up the good work.

Edited by Xirkster

This.

hope is something people with nothing rely on we all have nothing atm in this game so all we have is hope and bioware is dashing alot of hopes. you think someone stressing wants to hear a holes like bigolbear saying well you know they did say f him hes ****. were here to talk out our frustrations not head dingleberries like you tell us whell you know they did say give us your money and we will leave you hopeless.

There are no fanbois or elitists, just QQers. Its not like we just found out today how early access was going to work, its been known since before sales started. Almost all the early access complaints are about how "its not fair I'm not in yet". They should give those people permanent forum bans for crying about something they agreed to by pre-ordering the game.

They had months to try and convince Bioware to change it, they failed, they need to grow up and act like adults instead of indolent children and stop calling people fanbois and elitist for standing by Bioware keeping their word on how EGA would work. When I enter into a transaction with someone I sure as heck expect them to keep their word or for any changes to be to my benefit.