Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Trooper with blaster rifle

Labradoraki

How much less damage do you have(in % plz) if you use a blaster rifle instead of the assault cannon....

Assault cannons are too ugly and cant us ethem...

Vanguard is melee mostly and i want to be ranged so this is not an option.

Suffice it to say the game's far too young at this point for anyone to have parsed things to the precise % you desire. Good way to have a look is to check out the damage ratings on the vendors at the Republic Fleet- that gap at the top is what you're dealing with.

You want the big damage, you go with the big guns. Alternatively, you might do better with a Bounty Hunter, Mercenary style.

How much less damage do you have(in % plz) if you use a blaster rifle instead of the assault cannon....

You will not be able to function this way. Many Commando abilities specifically require an Assault Cannon. If that's what you really want to do, you can use the abilities that are common to both Advanced Classes, but you simply won't do well.

Then play a Vanguard that uses the Assault tree. Thats shared with Commandos and has less of melee focus.

Then play a Vanguard that uses the Assault tree. Thats shared with Commandos and has less of melee focus.

Truth. You can go 31+ points in Assault and never touch a skill that needs melee for usefulness, though you'll probably want Ionic Accelerator for Pulse -> free HiB's, even though it works better with Stockstrike.

Maybe something like this:

http://torguild.net/calculator/trooper/vanguard/?p=032000000000000000020100000000000000000303320221220232231

Edit: Here, for a Commando:

http://torguild.net/calculator/trooper/commando/?p=00300000000000000000203000000000000000000303320221220232231

Edited by va_wanderer

I used a rifle until about lvl 23 because I could not stand the animation for Stock Strike (slapping someone with the side of my gun, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?). With the rifle you at least use the STOCK of the gun and do a proper stock strike.

Anyway, I did switch out. Huge difference. No...really. Its massive and highly noticeable. Made killing mobs much eaiser and upped my PvP damage by a good 30k per match.

Yeah, I look like a punk with a gun that is about 2/3 the size of my toon, but oh well. at least Im slayin folks in WZs now.

I used a rifle until about lvl 23 because I could not stand the animation for Stock Strike (slapping someone with the side of my gun, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?). With the rifle you at least use the STOCK of the gun and do a proper stock strike.

Anyway, I did switch out. Huge difference. No...really. Its massive and highly noticeable. Made killing mobs much eaiser and upped my PvP damage by a good 30k per match.

Yeah, I look like a punk with a gun that is about 2/3 the size of my toon, but oh well. at least Im slayin folks in WZs now.

Sorry for this but

No wai, you mean using the weapon intended for your class is better than using the weapon for another class!?

Well i would guess, that thank Tank and Healer-spec would love to echange their guns... its rarely the medic who carries the Machinegun, burdened with Med-Equipment.. nor the guy who draws the most fire has a nirmal rifle.. but well, Design specifications.

I would be for free weapons choices... and i think as lot of Jedi would love to just wear iconic single Sabers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.