Can someone write a mail to total biscuit?

saminaobx

Regarding the action taken by Bioware on their player base?

I would but i'm terrible at sending emails.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=120099

Second, a smaller number of accounts were warned or temporarily suspended for exploiting loot containers on Ilum. To be completely clear, while players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them, in the cases of those customers that were warned or temporarily suspended, they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.

Edited by saminaobx

what would total biscuit do? Call them out while during one of his mediocre gameplay videos

Ha, okay hes only the number one podcast in the EU and frankly you clearly don't know how much developers hear him out.

You know he had an interview with Stephen Reid right?

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2011/12/interview-with-stephen-reid.html

But no he has no sway as all...

Like I told you in your other fail thread:

"Well they way I see it, from what they said, they banned ppl who made multiple alts and camped them at chests on Ilum. And systematically logged in to loot the chests, then logged out, the sole purpose of their alts was to exploit the game, and rob from other ppl who are playing the game the way it's meant to be played. They then would have all their alts send all the credits to their main, who would then sell the credits to other players for REAL money.

Good job bioware. Take exploiting farmers out the game. We don't need or want them."

Ha, okay hes only the number one podcast in the EU and frankly you clearly don't know how much developers hear him out.

You know he had an interview with Stephen Reid right?

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2011/12/interview-with-stephen-reid.html

But no he has no sway as all...

lawl you know how many people have had an interview with stephen reid?

Do you know how many players / guilds have direct access to devs emails? A lot. They are getting feedback all over the place. Total biscuit is just another voice in the crowd.

http://www.darthhater.com/

Stephen Reid

First, action was taken against a number of accounts for what's commonly known as 'gold farming' - or in our case, credit farming. These accounts were found to be exploiting the game in a variety of ways to maximize their credits in order to sell them to other players. Our Terms of Service team took action against these accounts and removed them permanently from the game.

Second, a smaller number of accounts were warned or temporarily suspended for exploiting loot containers on Ilum. To be completely clear, while players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them, in the cases of those customers that were warned or temporarily suspended, they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.

None of these accounts were banned for their actions and no accounts have been banned for travelling to Ilum while still relatively low level. By comparison, the number of accounts that were warned or temporarily suspended was considerably lower than the number of accounts banned for 'credit farming'.

I'm sorry, but if you exploited, you knew you were doing it and you deserved to be banned.

Its your fault for thinking you could cheat your way in the game. Justice was served.

Edited by Nemmar

I havn't been banned and i have not even been to illum yet, If you cannot read Bioware banned gold farmers ( Awesome job on that bioware) But they allso banned players who farmed the credit boxes at low lvls who were just farming credits.

They're temporary bans while they investigate if the players were simply farming or exploiting.

People don't get banned for no reason. This is a kid's whitewash. You hear it every single time a male in his twenties or teens gets banned. This post is a decade old and the same old story.

I havn't been banned and i have not even been to illum yet, If you cannot read Bioware banned gold farmers ( Awesome job on that bioware) But they allso banned players who farmed the credit boxes at low lvls who were just farming credits.

The only one who can't read obviously is you. They said you are free to go to Ilum before 40, and loot chests. The difference is when you make an alt or alts with the sole purpose of camping loot, and logging in systematically just to take said loot.

DURRRPITY DURP DURP.

Don't exploit the game like an ******, and you'll have no problems with getting banned.

Simple.

Do you know how many players / guilds have direct access to devs emails? A lot. They are getting feedback all over the place. Total biscuit is just another voice in the crowd.

Okay fine w/e. If you won't believe me I really do not care. At the end of the day TB is one of the many voices that tries to keep gamer retailers honest and frankly I don't see you with a 4k dollar computer set up in your house doing better then him.

The only one who can't read obviously is you. They said you are free to go to Ilum before 40, and loot chests. The difference is when you make an alt or alts with the sole purpose of camping loot, and logging in systematically just to take said loot.

DURRRPITY DURP DURP.

Don't exploit the game like an ******, and you'll have no problems with getting banned.

Simple.

So lets say i go to illum now as a lvl 42 and loot chests for a few a hours, is that ok to be banned for?

Have you played an MMO before or even read the terms of service? derpy derpy derp

Or even better lets says i farm gemstones all day with my companions and put 100s on the market, am i runing the economy?

Should i be banned for it?

Tldr: l2 read

Edited by saminaobx

This is true, I know me and a couple friends/guildmates are chill with some folks from Blizzard, they ask for our opinions and feedback, but we're def not the only ones they're listening to.

Just 'cause some british kid has a podcast doesn't mean that BW loves him.

So lets say i go to illum now as a lvl 42 and loot chests for a few a hours, is that ok to be banned for?

Have you played an MMO before or even read the terms of service? derpy derpy derp

Or even better lets says i farm gemstones all day with my companions and put 100s on the market, am i runing the economy?

Should i be banned for it?

Tldr: l2 read

SMH.

Yes, you ARE ALLOWED to loot chest at ANY level (if you can make it to it), and for the 3rd effing time (pay attention).:

If you create an alt/alts, and then use that or those said alts for the sole reason of camping chest containers on Ilum, then you will be banned. The game was not meant to be played for you to make a character with NO other purpose than to camp the boxes/ chests, and not ever leave Ilum, and logging out and in right next to the chest when they systematically reset. Then sending all the money to your main.

It's called an exploit. Don't do it if you don't want banned.

Sheeeeesh.

I really hope it sinks in THIS time.........

Edited by Dego_Locc