For those who ENJOY TOR's PvP

xlDARKSIDElx

Every time I check this forum its overrun with more and more hate threads about TOR's PvP. And I understand that's the nature of the internet and forums. You always hear more qq then anything else.

But I just wanted to see how many people actually enjoy playing this games PvP. I know I do, yes it has issues that need addressing (we are all aware of that). But the game is 2 weeks old and BW cant fix all the things as quickly as people demand them.

Personally I enjoy playing pvp, I am lvl 40 atm so I still deal with the frustrations of playing against 50's and the like. But when I play and see a 50, I just know not to try and solo him and focus them down in fights with your team. When we do that we win, when we don't, we lose. No big deal. When brackets come in (if they do) it will hopefully alleviate that issue. If they don't, I just see 1-49 pvp as practice until I hit 50.

Anyway, if anyone does actually enjoy this games PvP thus far, despite the issues that need to be addressed soon, lets hear you :)

EDIT: I am talking mostly about Warzones and not PvP server interaction between opposite factions or Open World PvP areas.

Edited by xlDARKSIDElx

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people who enjoy the PvP are not, for the most part, coming to the forums.

They are too busy enjoying the PvP to come here and post about it.

For a game with no cross-serve queues, in which "everyone" seems to hate the PvP, I sure get low queue pop times.

I enjoy it. I think the Classes and Gameplay is far better than WoW and Rift. I just have problems with the horrible gearing system and the horrible designed Open PvP.

I did open 9 Bags without one gear part and i can't buy a Part because it could drop tomorrow. So dumb. I'm at 2.8% expertise while my Friend already has 8%, just with RNG.

Edited by Teabaker

Excellent post OP.

Personally I love it. Particularly Hutt Ball, great idea for a game mode I think. Obviously we could use some more maps as the three we have are already getting a little old. However, the game is only a few weeks old so I'm sure that will be fixed. The raid frames bug kills me as I play a healer. Also they really need to fix AFK leeching b****rds in War Zones.

Other than those issues, I think it’s a lot of fun to play PvP in TOR :)

I love the pvp I would tweak a couple things, but thats about it. The only thing I would demand is a penalty for quitting Warzones as it can hinder a side drastically. I have had people I respect in pvp on my server leave a warzone before it starts just to re queue and it makes my thought change on them.

I enjoy it. I see a lot of things wrong with it, and it's likely the newness and the fact that 50's haven't taken over our server yet.

But I genuinely enjoy the PVP. It's not a massive e-peen stroking fest of people bragging about their own perceived skill (or lack thereof). It's just about killing the other guys and getting the objectives.

Every time I check this forum its overrun with more and more hate threads about TOR's PvP. And I understand that's the nature of the internet and forums. You always hear more qq then anything else.

But I just wanted to see how many people actually enjoy playing this games PvP. I know I do, yes it has issues that need addressing (we are all aware of that). But the game is 2 weeks old and BW cant fix all the things as quickly as people demand them.

Personally I enjoy playing pvp, I am lvl 40 atm so I still deal with the frustrations of playing against 50's and the like. But when I play and see a 50, I just know not to try and solo him and focus them down in fights with your team. When we do that we win, when we don't, we lose. No big deal. When brackets come in (if they do) it will hopefully alleviate that issue. If they don't, I just see 1-49 pvp as practice until I hit 50.

Anyway, if anyone does actually enjoy this games PvP thus far, despite the issues that need to be addressed soon, lets hear you :)

Love it

<---- Enjoys PvP and doesn't understand most of the complaints. Many of them are due to one's own inability to play their class properly.

I agree. Or they are solo, run into guild premades and think it's the end of the world.

There is no class in the game I see and run up to attack every time because I know they are free beer.

If anything, this game's #1 problem for PvP is probably the lack of a well designed UI, and no in-game macros (as Rift had). Consequently I know some people, even veteran PvPers, who are not using their abilities to their full extent because they just couldn't figure out a good place to map them to, or they forget to use them.

Any bets that the top PvPers use Logitech programmable keypads and keyboards? You could easily create a macro that mashes "rocket punch -> unload -> missile blast" so that if you were up close, it would do rocket punch first, if not it would do missile blast, and if you weren't moving it would do unload. Simple 3-button macro that helps you always "remember" to do a rocket punch when it's in range.

Stuff like that can be a huge advantage and the game's UI just isn't cutting it for people who don't use or want to use out-of-game macros.

I enjoy the PvP immensely and I think it is one of the few things Bioware did right. Huttball is probably the most unique PvP experience I have had in a MMO and the ability to compete against same faction is interesting and keeps queues low.

Level 50's own lower levels but that is to be expected. I would much rather have low queue times while leveling up with the current system then get a queue every couple of hours in a level bracketed system.

Eventually they will have to implement an additional queue for balance. (Queue for 1-49 and queue for 50's)

I enjoy the warzone PvP. How they created the short queue times was innovative.

However I'm still leveling up and very soon I will be looking for Open World PvP rewards that are not the same as warzone rewards.

I'd be happy if you have to kill someone higher level if need be to get those rewards if ganking is a big concern.

With a solid, rewarding, open world PvP system this game could last for years.

I wish I could agree with OP. I just not seem to enjoy pvp now the newish feeling is gone.

Some animations take longer than GCD....I dont even understand how this got through Alpha and Beta. What the point of a GCD if you cant use the next ability cuz you are waiting for the animation to finish......

Way to many classes have a blast spell. There is even a class which can grab a person and direct blast him away, leaving the target massively slowed often in some fire or acid pool. These one trick moves ruin the pvp experience for me. Obviously I am talking about huttball but also in general i think too many classes have abilities which influence the targets' position.

I love the PvP. It's way more fun then WoW or Rift PvP ever was. Every class can win a 1 on 1 fight with some brain usage and I love the fact that it's objective over kills like it should be.

With that said I try to play classes/specs that no one else plays.

Prime PvP Toon is a Powertech with a tank/dps hybrid spec. Think I've seen one or maybe two other PT's besides myself, rest go Merc thanks to the missiles :S

Hoping to see more "rebs" soon, same faction Huttball is booring as **** :p otherwise I have no complaints :)

I love the PvP. I'm only posting here now because I multitask at work

Actually, the problem I have now is, the PvP has given me altitis. Instead of just getting my main to 50 I have a level 43 main, a GS, a Sniper, a Juggernaut and I tested an Op to 17

I find that PvPers tend to whine the most and the loudest because getting stomped by someone else shrinks their ePeen, so instead of improving themselves they want nerfs to everyone else

I do think, however, CC needs to be looked at

I totally enjoy the PvP. As someone who stayed away from PvP in the past like the plague, I decided to try it on both my 50 jugg tank and 23 BH heals. It's a blast. We get owned by our elite squad of rebels but its still a blast.

More warzones would be a plus but it's on the way. While many on my server have complained about the scaling i find it to be a good challenge. I have been destroyed by lower level snipers and BH on the tank and usually am the first target as a healer. It still is very enjoyable, good cash and just a few hours a week have made questing so much more fun.

While I am no expert by any stretch of the word, I think BW has done a terrific job thus far.

Also, I have read above, and in other posts on the gear drop rate per bag and I have to disagree. My tank is about a 50% gear rate on bags and I am about to buy my third piece in a day or so. Using the merc badge conversion I can score a few extra bags a week for the tanks and the healer already has a level 40 PvE set in the bank waiting. It's a great way to augment normal gear drop rates for a person with a horrible RNG.

Yes, things need to be tweaked but i get as much as I give on both characters.

Just my 2 CR worth

Barricadde / Trixxi

Sith Renegades

Darth Bandon

Yeah I agree that there needs to be more UI options, customization and macros. Especially for healers. But I feel that they got the core elements of pvp done right and its really a good time.

My favorite is probably Alderaan right now. You need to split teams up correctly and know when to be aggressive/passive, focus down healers and squishies. With a good team that mode is the most rewarding to play. And there have been some pretty epically close games. We were about to lose Alderaan with 5 points left on our ship and the other team had 90. We captured all the turrets and won. It was insane. Deff had a little nerdscream that game. :)

For those of you who 'love' SWTOR PVP, you are clearly all casuals...

For those of you that rage about SWTOR PvP, you clearly need to re-prioritize your lives and realize this is a game

You also need to learn to stop and think about something objectively and logically to see WHY a decision might have been made before questioning it

i have slideshows, on Huttball and (can't remeber the name - you put bombs on dors;P) i have 15 fps and can play somehow, on snowy thing i have 5fps and i hate it ....

but

i like pvp here, no matter if i play with my jaggernaut or with my sniper - it is always fun (only not on this snowy thing because of fps ;p)

For those of you that rage about SWTOR PvP, you clearly need to re-prioritize your lives and realize this is a game

You also need to learn to stop and think about something objectively and logically to see WHY a decision might have been made before questioning it

yes, take a break, get some fresh air...

in every MMO there are those that rush to 50 and spend the rest of the year complaining about why they dont feel fulfilled.

For those of you who 'love' SWTOR PVP, you are clearly all casuals...

LOL! Fail troll is .....fail?:eek::eek::eek:

Edit: Enjoy the PvP, there are some things they could fix, but not shabby out of the box, beats the no BG's, no gear, no valor pvp system WoW had at launch. :rolleyes:

Edited by MooseyFate