The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So we are getting Addons and a LFD tool, all we need now are Arenas and we'll be set

RamataKahn

16:42 "Addons? We're working on that right now. Will be a post launch feature."

"IGN: Moving forward might there be something like a group finder or something like that? An auto-finder implemented into the game?"

"James Ohlen: Some people ask for a dungeon finder system but the thing about those systems is they're really for more of a mature online game. If you put a system in early on it really takes away from the exploration of the level up game. If you have people all just basically waiting around their dungeon finder and all being grouped up together, they're going to actually take the time to explore all the worlds that are available in the Old Republic galaxy. So it's definitely a feature that we want to put in, we just want to put it in at the right time. However, the looking for group feature is something that we continue to work on, we want to make that more robust and more powerful. "

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1214438p1.html

Edited by RamataKahn

they need something to summon people right now its a chore if you're to far away from the quest spot and you got invited to group. however as far as cross server dungeon finder. i've had no problems getting a group together.

also i support addons although even in wow i didn't use very many. just DBM, recount and healbot

Arenas ruin the overall pvp and pve balance of MMOs. I think even Bioware would have a huge problem with it. I don't think they should be added. Especially after seeing how much it affected WoWs balance (worse than an underfed prisoner and an alabama fat housewife on a seesaw).

This game needs some time of competitive pvp for skillful pvpers to climb ladders and get better rewards otherwise bioware will lose a portion of their community i know if they don't come out with arenas or rated warzones or something my guild and i are gone. Story only lasts so long.

Arenas ruin the overall pvp and pve balance of MMOs. I think even Bioware would have a huge problem with it. I don't think they should be added. Especially after seeing how much it affected WoWs balance (worse than an underfed prisoner and an alabama fat housewife on a seesaw).

They can just be balanced separately.

/sigh

The addons really aren't what you think..they will be limited.

People are currently finding groups as long as that happens don't expect a LFD. Bioware isn't a fan of Arenas.

So in the future expect very limited addon features, and a LFD only when grouping becomes problematic, which won't be any time soon.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

All Bioware needs to do is make a good UI (something that WoW did not have) and make it so players can customize it and there is no need for add-ons. There are MMOs that have good UIs and only thing players do is reskin them. EQ2 is a great example with Profit-UI. The EQ2 UI has everything anyone needs out of a UI. The WoW UI with all its add-ons can not even add up to the EQ2 UI, and the best part we dont have to worry about all the add-ons that players complain about with dumbing down the game on top of having to update them all the time.

As for the arenas, dont need them. Blizzard even said (it was linked on the forums some time back before the wipe of the forums) that it was a mistake with what they did with arenas. Having great world PvP and the warzones is more than enough.

Also Bioware has already said they have a team working on making the UI customizable within the game. Being able to unlock and move things around, resize, ect. Things that are seen in a good UIs.

Edited by Yahto

Why would Arenas be a problem if they were balanced separately and the gear from them was equal to WZs?

because ultimately they'd be wateing time designing entirely new classes etc (seriously if the only way you have fun in this game is playing what amounts to a totally differnt game it's time to quit) or you'd have to balance each class for PVP. which would inevitably lead to screams and rages for nerfs etc by the people who don't under stand a MMO is balanced for group play

Any LFD type system needs to learn two lessons from that other MMO: NEVER EVER EVER make it cross server, and require people to still move their butts across the game world to the instance. Cross server queueing truly ruined the community and degraded the social atmosphere of WoW. Same goes for cross realm BGs. Jerks had to check their behaviors and baggage in dungeons and were held accountable for their actions. Once random LFD queueing ensured that you never saw the same people again, many people lost the primary deterrent against ninja looting, greifing and generally just being *****.

As for direct porting to dungeons? That killed WoWs game world and created the miasma of sitting in SW/Org waiting on queues. Really takes something out of the game when that happens.

because ultimately they'd be wateing time designing entirely new classes etc (seriously if the only way you have fun in this game is playing what amounts to a totally differnt game it's time to quit) or you'd have to balance each class for PVP. which would inevitably lead to screams and rages for nerfs etc by the people who don't under stand a MMO is balanced for group play

Did you actually read what I said? Do you know the definition of separately?

As for direct porting to dungeons? That killed WoWs game world and created the miasma of sitting in SW/Org waiting on queues. Really takes something out of the game when that happens.

lol what a stupid thing to say, the only thing it killed was wasting time traveling there.

lol what a stupid thing to say, the only thing it killed was wasting time traveling there.

Oh, and it killed world pvp too.

You can't seriously tell me that WoW became a better game when all people did was sit in the capital waiting on a queue. The soul of the game got crushed by the sameness and blandness of it all.