Chapter 4+? - expansion or patch?

jedip_enguin

Ok so I hit 50 a couple of days ago and I'm most of the way through Correllia with the end of my class storyline looming on the horizon.

I admit I skipped 2-3 bonus quest lines (which I intend to tie up before I polish of my campaign) but only because I was engrossed in what was going on and wanted to know what happened next (I did the same with the Original Kotor, got it for xmas, started playing on boxing day and had it completed before new year)

And now I'm getting a tad nervous, as the story has been the real driving force behind my playtime and despite the fact that I know there are other class stories many of the character types either have no appeal to me (Sage/Inquisitor/Agent) or will just involve doing a lot of the same missions over again.

So with that in mind I thought i'd open this thread to see how others forsee the continuation of your class story coming about....

Do you think it will be delivered on a chapter by chapter basis, maybe in major content patches? Or do you think it will take the form or an entirely new trilogy of chapters in an expansion?

I definetly hope we dont have to wait till an expansion...Since Stephen Reid has already stated theyve already recorded lots and lots of VO for class story content, and Drew K said they are already "years" ahead in writing.

My biggest worry about the story is not the time table of how they plan to continue it, but HOW they plan to continue it.

Take the inquisitor and the Jedi Knight stories as examples:

By the end of the inquisitor story your a darth, your in the dark council, your one of the most important people in the empire...

The Jedi Knight story envolves him killing the emperor, efectively removing the head of the empire.

What can come next for those classes? What can top those endings? nothing short of a cataclysm.

I think bioware wrote themselves into a corner, giving the player too much power, too quickly. Unless they dont plan to continue each personal story and only update the game with new zones with generic quests.

Im hoping and expecting the first paid expansion to be along the 'Jump To Lightspeed' lines of Galaxies, and the implementation of some proper space combat.

What is certain is that BW have a plan set out for at least the next 3 years or so. I must have WoW as an example here, and I have read that they had the Cataclysm expalnion planned long before release, so they must be working on a 7 or 10 year plan or soemthing. I cant see SWTOR will be much different.

Look at it this way, we are just gettign a small taster of what is ahead. I cant wait. Might have to be patient though, and I hope they put in enough stuff to hold people in between major content patches/expansions.

I definetly hope we dont have to wait till an expansion...Since Stephen Reid has already stated theyve already recorded lots and lots of VO for class story content, and Drew K said they are already "years" ahead in writing.

Years ahead in writing is one thing, programming and implementing it is the tough bit :p

• 3 weeks later...
My biggest worry about the story is not the time table of how they plan to continue it, but HOW they plan to continue it.

By the end of the inquisitor story your a darth, your in the dark council, your one of the most important people in the empire...

The Jedi Knight story envolves him killing the emperor, efectively removing the head of the empire.

What can come next for those classes? What can top those endings? nothing short of a cataclysm.

I think bioware wrote themselves into a corner, giving the player too much power, too quickly. Unless they dont plan to continue each personal story and only update the game with new zones with generic quests.

For the Inquisitor I wouldn't mind his story leading him to meeting the Emperor in some capacity. I mean, considering how powerful the SI becomes in the end, you'd think at some point the Emperor would take interest in him/her.

Or perhaps the Inquisitor new chapter arc could involve him/her converting Jedi to the dark side to help the Empire's war effort and to strengthen his/her own power base. There's so many things that could be done with the Inquisitor that hasn't been touched upon yet.

Edited by AkilZodiac

• 4 weeks later...

I would just like to point out the emperor is NOT DEAD.

"The Emperor was thought to have been destroyed after a seemingly fatal duel with the Knight. In reality, he had possessed a new avatar to replace the one lost on Voss. It was this facade that the Jedi Knight killed. This was confirmed by a holomail message sent by the Emperor's Hand to the new Emperor's Wrath. "

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Emperor

Saw this when I played my Jedi knight

I can see the SI vying for the Emperor's seat as the next step in the class quest. What can happen after that, though, is beyond me.

Edited by MrPigCS

You don't kill him you Kill his voice

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.