Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What grade would you give Bioware today?

Zolaz

F, at what launch of a game do people have to wait over 3 days to play?

Totally unprofessional.

It wasn't a launch!! It was EGA, granted to those who preordered early. Have you read nothing? Are you just another spoiled little brat??

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F, at what launch of a game do people have to wait over 3 days to play?

Totally unprofessional.

You are just acting like a little spoiled baby. So far, everyone has waited MINUS 5 days for the launch. If everyone gets in on the 20th, noone will have waited a single day.

Get a life and some sun on your body. It's not healthy to be this butthurt over not getting to play a game 7 days before planned.

Just because you yell doesn't mean your right. Take your ritalin little boy and ask mommy to make you a snack, you'll be in soon.

Okay, I have to explain the Joke now, so it's not funny anymore.

F-Zero is a videogame produced by Nintendo, and was first introduced back on the Super Nintendo.

One of the stars of F-Zero is Captain Falcon. He of the "Falcon punch" Fame and meme which sprouted up from his appearance in Super Smash brothers.

This was meant to be a joke against those actually giving out "F"'s to Bioware. I think the launch is fine, I ordered in December and I'm patiently waiting.

This is just... making me realize I'm actually old now, as most people out there probably don't even know the Super Nintendo had a game called F-Zero, let alone Captain Falcon is from that game series. Alas.

Edited by The_Orphan

Okay, I have to explain the Joke now, so it's not funny anymore.

F-Zero is a videogame produced by Nintendo, and was first introduced back on the Super Nintendo.

One of the stars of F-Zero is Captain Falcon. He of the "Falcon punch" Fame and meme which sprouted up from his appearance in Super Smash brothers.

This was meant to be a joke against those actually giving out "F"'s to Bioware. I think the launch is fine, I ordered in December and I'm patiently waiting.

This is just... making me realize I'm actually old now, as most people out there probably don't even know the Super Nintendo had a game called F-Zero, let alone Captain Falcon is from that game series. Alas.

My bad! I'm old too brother. I just woke up an thought you were one of the crybabies. I'm old enough to remember playing Colecovision when I was a kid (google it) then the Atari, Atari 2600, NES, Super NES and so on.

C would be fair, they're trying to make it so there is less lag which is good, but we didn't know it would be set up like this, which is bad. I was kinda annoyed when I first heard it was going to be released like this but after a short time calmed down about it. It's getting blown out of proportion a bit, I can only see people getting truly irritated if they where gunning after server firsts or whatever.

F

It sucks hating a company that I want to love, before I even start playing.

It sucks having to debate the technicalities of sly marketing wording.

The whole thing smacks of a shop that raises prices so they can have a sale.

F

It sucks hating a company that I want to love, before I even start playing.

It sucks having to debate the technicalities of sly marketing wording.

The whole thing smacks of a shop that raises prices so they can have a sale.

or people that don't read "UP TO"!

C would be fair, they're trying to make it so there is less lag which is good, but we didn't know it would be set up like this, which is bad. I was kinda annoyed when I first heard it was going to be released like this but after a short time calmed down about it. It's getting blown out of proportion a bit, I can only see people getting truly irritated if they where gunning after server firsts or whatever.

What part of the launch did they make things unclear to you?... It was spelled out very clearly on day one how they were going to do this.

I really love all the people complaining about how they are failing to deliver the launch, when from DAY 1, they have said this is how it's going to be.

A+ Bioware.

All you idiots complaining about bad customer support I have been playing wow for 2 years now and the game has had 7 years to perfect it's self and this game has just been released and you have not even given it a chance to get out of early release ignorant *** holes! I submitted a ticket to blizzard last night and I had a wait time of 5 days 21 hours wanna explain that bad customer support. Get off your Blizzard fanboyism

D purchasing process (Origin website).

D for price. I do not recall any of my past MMO purchases costing 75€.

F for buggy website and issues when trying to apply preorder code.

D for email customer support. Received a reply but it was completely useless.

D for communication on the forums.

F Staggered launch. I prefer to know what i am going to receive for my money. The 'pay us, and you may receive up to 5 apples' thing does not work for me personally.

C+ for Gameplay experience during the stress test weekend. Not bad, but few innovative elements and lack of polish. Basic features like a at least rudimentary moddable UI were missing, and rather rough across alot other edges.

Overall a D for me. Could be worse, but not by much.

Unlikely to purchase again based on current expierence.

I'd give them a B. They're delivering more than they ever promised they would.

I'd give them an A if they'd been faster about deleting all the "QQ I didn't get in the first day" threads.

^this, except I give them an A- and would've given them an A+ if they could prevent all the QQing.

or people that don't read "UP TO"!

Up until the 20th you can buy pre order

The "UP TO" wording was still on the front page of the website after the clarified that people after November where not getting in today on the 5th day.

That is sly wording.

I believe they changed the wording on it now to "play before launch" after the forums blew up yesterday about it.

The fact I am even typing this situation and you will feel the need to defend, is reason enough to be distasteful about it.

Grading? Really? Fine.

A+

Why? Because the overall gameplay is kept at a familiar style that'll keep me more interested in the story and progression rather than trying to learn a whole new system like DC Universe (and we all know how that turned out).

Also, the whining about servers being empty is irrelevant. It's not December 20th yet, not all people who are interested actually pre-ordered, and the invites are by portion. Come official release date, which is next week, I'm sure the number of players while be much higher.

Not to mention, it's the holidays. I'm sure people have their copies waiting for them under their Christmas tree.

Solid F-

If Bioware want to copy a Blizzard game, at least copy their CS too.

No security words reset, bad plan for a launch and the most depressing, allow players to exploit and look to the other way.

Bad Bioware, bad bad bad. :(

This is a dumb topic.

Any proper grading technique has its criteria. This has no criteria and its implied criteria I do not agree with in its implication of company performance.

If I ordered a new car but haven't gotten it yet I would reserve grading the car manufacturer until I drove the car.

I care far more about my experience with the product, not in the experience of the anticipation of getting it.

A-

+ Awsome game,

+ little/no lag

+ good fps @ mid line system

+ keeping promises with EGA

+ good customer support ( - except for EU hours)

- failing to realise some customers will work hard to exploit issues

- failing to realise lots of idiots in the community (such as OP)

Currently waiting for my invite, so, like HARDLY ANYONE ELSE, I am going to not rank the launch until I've got on.

Otherwise, from an outsider's point of view, it looks like they have handled it very well.

Yes, I have been reading the boringly predictable forum crying, and as always have been able to look at those people as impatient and self-righteous fools who are bitter about being behind to (presumably) faceless online comrades who got a head-start. OH NOES, I'M NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO SHOW OFF MY UB3R GAMING SKILLS TO LOWBIES BECAUSE THERE ARE ALREADY LEVEL 40+'S RUNNING AROUND TAKING MY GLORY!!!111

You get the point.

Had they told the truth that preorder MAY OR MAY NOT grant me earlier access I wouldn't bother with it in the first place.

I took a day off, waited for the damn invite and still nothing.

In other games, when you preorder and in info it says one will get access 5 days early one DOES get access 5 days early.

*** Bioware, you took an arrow to the knee?