Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware, You Want to Resuscitate This Game? Then Implement The Following.

Xugos

While most points in the OP dont have the biggest prio, I do however would like to be able to SPEAK to a gamemaster/bioware support whenever I send in a ticket. So far I've sent 10 tickets since the release and haven't gotten a single reply from the support yet apart from automated responses. This is the worst experience with support I've ever had in MMO's. (Even EA does a better job than this and that's saying a lot)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, you cannot make a post without trying to lash out against someone.

Never said I was threatening to quit or jump off the roof.

Why am I on the forums? I want a better game. Forgive me for attempting to better something I really enjoy, didn't know it was terrible.

I am not lashing out, but as you put it. People defending Xugos and the list are blindly following him.

While, some of the list is needed, most is not. Especially not within the 30 free days.

These features do not make or break a game. Xugos is asking for every WoW feature which is not needed.

EDIT:

Now, if you dont mind I will go do my weekly's while all the haters hate.

Edited by darthdoll

Let's look at some of Xugos's statements:

After all of that, how can you say that he's NOT looking for WoW? He's non-stop comparing SWTOR to WoW and using the fact that it's not WoW as the reason why he doesn't like it. He uses WoW terms interchangeably with the nearest SWTOR equivalent, setting himself up to be disappointed since they're different games and not intended to be the same - but if he treats them the same of course he's going to be mad. He calls SWTOR a WoW mirror, how is that anything but the very definition of looking for WoW? He's looking so hard that that's all he can see in a game, or how the game isn't WoW.

Yes, it's moronic to imagine that someone wants to play WoW, goes to another game, then gets emo that it's not WoW. Which is why it's so ridiculous that you and the OP and all of these other people are doing the very same thing.

He's comparing SWTOR to the best on the market. When you compare anything you compare it to the best. It is only natural.

He's not saying we're going to lose a large playerbase if we don't implement Darth Arthas and Jedi Master Thrall.

Stating that the Void Star is bad version of SoTA means SWOTR attempted to implement something similar, yet failed.

He mentions there is no pull for PvPers and that a lot of the stuff is mirror to WoW, not that he wants it.

You just put on your anti-Blizzard goggles and think this because you hear the word WoW and FLIP OUT.

I am not lashing out, but as you put it. People defending Xugos and the list are blindly following him.

While, some of the list is needed, most is not. Especially not within the 30 free days.

These features do not make or break a game. Xugos is asking for every WoW feature which is not needed.

It appears as though you are disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. Most dissatisfied players (and there are a LOT of them) will be gone after the first 30 days, which is why Bioware only has one chance to keep them to stay.

Not blindly following him, again, a personal opinion and again, wrong.

Some of it isn't and the things that aren't there - add up. When you consider 20-30 little things that people are so used to in a good MMO, they get annoyed.

Xugos and I have seen MMOs fail and we tried to help make those work. We were defeated by people like you who think SWTOR is Godsend and the game inevitably fails.

Xugos is asking for features that have worked in WoW...also Warhammer, Aion, etc. etc.

Edited by Treyzorz

It appears as though you are disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. Most dissatisfied players (and there are a LOT of them) will be gone after the first 30 days, which is why Bioware only has one chance to keep them to stay.

Are there a lot of them?

Nope not really.

Obviously you do not understand forums and that 1-10% of the player base is on them.

Do you know the exact number of dissatisfied players?

If anyone has patience, they will understand it takes time to implement features.

But, while you hate, I will be playing. Loading the game up now...

BTW, I didnt think you would buy the game after your long rant about it.

It truly is amazing seeing you here.

Edited by darthdoll

Are there a lot of them?

Nope not really.

Obviously you do not understand forums and that 1-10% of the player base is on them.

Do you know the exact number of dissatisfied players?

If anyone has patients, they will understand it takes time to implement features.

But, while you hate, I will be playing. Loading the game up now...

BTW, I didnt think you would buy the game after your long rant about it.

It truly is amazing seeing you here.

Obviously you don't understand how to consider other people.

Just because people do not hop on the forums does not mean they aren't afflicted by the same issues.

SWTOR has to compete with WoW whether you like it or not. When they play this game and there are no macros, mods, usable UI, etc. They leave.

And don't give me the SWTOR IS NEW, give them time.

Sorry, but that age is over - you release a polished game with promise or fail.

Also, the fact he can critically attack this game and put up with people like you, which I might add, are a LOT; those blind followers that constantly lash out against him.

He loves this game and wants more out of it and he knows whats around the corner.

Warhammer is all I have to say.

Edited by Treyzorz

Please add this to the list.

Sex Scenes, we want em. Also being able to sleep in your bed in your ship wich of course brings us to more sex in the ship, dont need to see **** and vajj's but ya.. :D

Also please add to the list, able to slap your companion, not just emote it, please make it an ACTUAL physical slap. I want to hurt mako all the time and the game is not letting me.

This is a make or break issue to me.

thank you

Sex Scenes, we want em. Also being able to sleep in your bed in your ship wich of course brings us to more sex in the ship, dont need to see **** and vajj's but ya.. :D

Also please add to the list, able to slap your companion, not just emote it, please make it an ACTUAL physical slap. I want to hurt mako all the time and the game is not letting me.

thank you

Unfortunately, those concerns are not nearly mainstream enough.

"Doctor, it really hurts when I continually jab this fork into my leg!"

"Uh, then why don't you stop jabbing yourself with the fork?"

"But it's obviously the fork's fault! And I want you to fix the fork so I won't jab it into my leg anymore!"

If you don't like the game, don't *********** play it.

If playing causes you so much angst, why don't you move on with your life and find something that brings you happiness? Seriously, forget you ever played SWTOR, move on with your life, and find something - another game, a wonderful friendship, maybe a girl with a great *** - just something that makes you happy.

I really cannot comprehend the number of people who insist on continuing to do something that brings them such misery.

JFC, if you don't like the game, don't *********** play it.

Thesaurus.*

I'm not sure why, but every time I make a post, at least ONE person says something along the lines of what you said. Why? Do I really talk differently?

:confused:

fwiw, you do. you use big melodramatic words that over state your point and make it all sound pedantically hyperbolic. *shrug*

thank you

Sarcasm is neat.

You want to know what is make or break for me?

Animations ignoring global cooldowns.

Exmaple; my lightning strike has a 1.5 second cooldown, but a hidden .3-.5 animation cast time in which I cannot do anything. This often leads to broken casts afterward when I attempt to force lightning - it either channels and doesn't do damage or doesn't channel and does damage.

Also, the ability shock has an innate advantage to the Consular's mirror ability.

I simply shock but they go through the animation time of lifting a rock and force throwing.

Animation times lead to them being locked out of abilities longer than my Inquisitor.

Edited by Treyzorz

Xugos and I have seen MMOs fail

that would be... hellgate london? AC2? tabula rasa? because others are still running and generating money.

or if you mean "fail" = "not the biggest number of subs", I hope you listen to justin bieber too (because everybody else who does music "failed").

Edited by Graburr

He's comparing SWTOR to the best on the market. When you compare anything you compare it to the best. It is only natural.

He's not saying we're going to lose a large playerbase if we don't implement Darth Arthas and Jedi Master Thrall.

Stating that the Void Star is bad version of SoTA means SWOTR attempted to implement something similar, yet failed.

He mentions there is no pull for PvPers and that a lot of the stuff is mirror to WoW, not that he wants it.

You just put on your anti-Blizzard goggles and think this because you hear the word WoW and FLIP OUT.

There's a difference between comparing and saying something sucks because it isn't WoW. He's not comparing. You can argue all you want, but the truth and the facts are in his MMO Champ review and how biased it is and how much he wants SWTOR to be WoW. And if that wasn't enough, how about how he made alt accounts that were banned for pretending they were different people and supporting his ranting? And how there was multiple instances of proof that he completely lied about a lot of the stuff he said, his credentials, his evidence, etc? And you're still defending him?

Also, I'm amused that he's come back to this thread after it was pointed out that he posts on alts. Sorry buddy, posting on your main doesn't mean that the alts aren't yours. And lots of the alts in this thread post with his same tone and with the same tone as his alts on the MMO Champ thread. Which pretty much means that you/him have been samebroing this entire thread.

I agree with somethings like Chat bubbles and target of target but others I don't think are needed. What this game needs right is just bug fixes and minor things like some you mentioned. A lot of what you are saying isn't game breaking and can easily be implemented at practically any point once they work on it. So I would say they are more worried about bug fixes coming out at the moment.

I agree with your philosophy, but honestly this has been one of the smoothest and best MMO's I have seen at launch. I believe in the future of this game and I believe in Bioware. Does that mean I am a fanboy? No, but I do have some faith in the developers and I want to see this game do well.

Let's look at some of Xugos's statements:

After all of that, how can you say that he's NOT looking for WoW? He's non-stop comparing SWTOR to WoW and using the fact that it's not WoW as the reason why he doesn't like it. He uses WoW terms interchangeably with the nearest SWTOR equivalent, setting himself up to be disappointed since they're different games and not intended to be the same - but if he treats them the same of course he's going to be mad. He calls SWTOR a WoW mirror, how is that anything but the very definition of looking for WoW? He's looking so hard that that's all he can see in a game, or how the game isn't WoW.

Yes, it's moronic to imagine that someone wants to play WoW, goes to another game, then gets emo that it's not WoW. Which is why it's so ridiculous that you and the OP and all of these other people are doing the very same thing.

Edit: Yes, I wrote this as if the guy I'm quoting is different from the OP. But it's been proven in the MMO Champ thread that the OP posts on other accounts or character names to defend himself from an alt in order to make himself appear more legitimate, so it's a pretty much sure thing that the OP is posting on his alts in this thread too. But for the sake of my reply, I addressed it to his alt as if it wasn't him.

Well there is always the possibility that people compare this game to Wow because it is largest MMO that the market has seen, and if they make a comparison to it on a site looked at by gamers that the majority of readers will understand what they are talking about.

Look flame away at the OP all you want. I don't care. But can we stop with all of the fanboy garbage as well? The game is broke on multiple levels. The game lacks a lot of quality of life features that would make things more fun for more people.

Does Bioware need time to fix things? I'm sure they do. Do I the average person know how complicated software development and programming is? No I don't. Do I care? Not one bit. They, being Bioware, is selling a product. The product is buggy, and the product needs to be fixed.

The game has the potential to be a very good game. I want it to be very good game. But right now it needs work. And if they don't do the work quickly, their subscription base will suffer.

Conversely, @OP hyperbole and incindiary comments don't help either.

"Doctor, it really hurts when I continually jab this fork into my leg!"

"Uh, then why don't you stop jabbing yourself with the fork?"

"But it's obviously the fork's fault! And I want you to fix the fork so I won't jab it into my leg anymore!"

If you don't like the game, don't *********** play it.

If playing causes you so much angst, why don't you move on with your life and find something that brings you happiness? Seriously, forget you ever played SWTOR, move on with your life, and find something - another game, a wonderful friendship, maybe a girl with a great *** - just something that makes you happy.

I really cannot comprehend the number of people who insist on continuing to do something that brings them such misery.

JFC, if you don't like the game, don't *********** play it.

We like the game but not as much as we want to in its current form.

Again, we have another idiotic post about real-life issues because apparently if you spend any time on a game, you have no life, no girlfriend, or friends.

Hate to break it to you, I do.

I do this with anything I play and want to succeed. I fight for it.

I'm not miserable at all and I sense the failure of SWTOR. Will it disappear? No. But it will be so far damaged that in years to come people will think back, "is that game even still around?"

Think Warhammer.

I would love to play the game that would actually make some of these people happy.

I have a few issues with this game as it is, but it just launched ffs, and it's already close to beign as polished, if not more, than some games that have been out for years. I'd like to see a more intuitive map, where it's easier to find what you're looking for, and with major points of interest marked as you find them. And of course target assist, which I assume is the same as "target of target", so everyone can easily lock on to the same target.

Beign ble to view your campanions' profiles and gear without having to summon them would also be nice. I had a few others that I can't think of right now, so they must not have been major ones.

Oh, more than 2 windows open at once, and the ability to move them. It gets to be a pain doing certain things when your windows keep closing as you open other ones, liek crafting for instance. A customizable UI, at least to the point where you can scale, resize, and move things. I like smaller skill bars, and everything at the bottom instead of sidebars personally.

Edited by Jinwe

Agree with OP, but not in an angry way, but there are points that need serious work. My main concern is that this game has no longevity and minimal customisation for my character.. I want to hit 50 quick then start to build my legacy, stand out in a crowd, and have access to the community... I feel like I'm boxed in to a Story I dont want to follow, then when I hit cap I must start from scratch, or stand in Republic fleet waiting for someone to talk to, but I'll struggle to see where they are because of a lack of chat bubbles. Edited by adamqd

There's a difference between comparing and saying something sucks because it isn't WoW. He's not comparing. You can argue all you want, but the truth and the facts are in his MMO Champ review and how biased it is and how much he wants SWTOR to be WoW. And if that wasn't enough, how about how he made alt accounts that were banned for pretending they were different people and supporting his ranting? And how there was multiple instances of proof that he completely lied about a lot of the stuff he said, his credentials, his evidence, etc? And you're still defending him?

Also, I'm amused that he's come back to this thread after it was pointed out that he posts on alts. Sorry buddy, posting on your main doesn't mean that the alts aren't yours. And lots of the alts in this thread post with his same tone and with the same tone as his alts on the MMO Champ thread. Which pretty much means that you/him have been samebroing this entire thread.

I see your mind cannot be changed. Please re-read from page 1 and continue to tell me we want WoW.

I'm done with you as you only repeated exactly what you said the first time.

Maybe he did something stupid in the past, I don't know. I'm not Xugos and I'm not 100% defending him.

I'm Treyzorz and so far nobody has come up with anything to even remotely discredit me.

Well, I read your entire post, and purely because your guild is growing does not indicate anything. That is anecdotal evidence, and does not represent the over-all subscriber-based trend that SW:TOR is experiencing at all. Who knows, perhaps those new-comers had their previous guilds die off and are now being consolidated into your guild due to a random stroke of luck?

I'm sorry this made me trolololol, it would be big news if Bioware were already losing subscribers in drolls. You are just a hater sipping on your overflowing cup of haterade. Yes, there are problems with the game. Yes, these issues need to be addressed in a timely manner. However, it has literally been 13 days since launch. You need to realize you have an overindulged propensity to ***** and that you need to take your predictions of doom and shove them before promptly leave everyone else who is enjoying this game in peace!