Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The " I havent had a game-breaking problem" thread.

TKMaster

Anyone else had no problems at all? I can count on one hand when i even noticed the sightest bit of lag tbh. I have no idea what everyone else is complaining about but im a day 1 / 2nd wave early access player and havent even been kicked out of game or crashed once, not even a graphics glitch so far.

Any one else?

You haven't seen the giant green rays of light that make a foglight look like a tiny spark or the tiny sized NPC speaking to you when he should be normal size.

How about the randomly despawning and spawning mobs or the missing animations when you use an object which means you're not actually using it but the channeling is there. Not to mention some of the quest objectives not picking up (I already entered the Imperial compound, why aren't you ticking?)

Or the crafting menus acting up and displaying my splicing as level 31-40 missions and greying out the 48-50 missions even though it's 400 splicing. There's times when my companions don't even want to fight even when I tell them to attack the target.

Don't get me started on the delays and when you fall off your speedbike and shifting between shooting at the thing that knocked you off and lying down.

No game breaking problems here. You won't get a lot of support this time of night though. Almost everyone who enjoys the game is playing it. I just played all day today since I had it off from work, so I'm a little burned out.

You can always tell what time it is based on the quality of posts on this forum. Less morons and idiots during the day when people are occasionally posting at work.

You haven't seen the giant green rays of light that make a foglight look like a tiny spark or the tiny sized NPC speaking to you when he should be normal size.

How about the randomly despawning and spawning mobs or the missing animations when you use an object which means you're not actually using it but the channeling is there. Not to mention some of the quest objectives not picking up (I already entered the Imperial compound, why aren't you ticking?)

Or the crafting menus acting up and displaying my splicing as level 31-40 missions and greying out the 48-50 missions even though it's 400 splicing. There's times when my companions don't even want to fight even when I tell them to attack the target.

Don't get me started on the delays and when you fall off your speedbike and shifting between shooting at the thing that knocked you off and lying down.

Exactly how are any of those "game breaking"?

Anyone else had no problems at all? I can count on one hand when i even noticed the sightest bit of lag tbh. I have no idea what everyone else is complaining about but im a day 1 / 2nd wave early access player and havent even been kicked out of game or crashed once, not even a graphics glitch so far.

Any one else?

Only problem I have had is with my ISP crapping out twice. I have had a smooth time so far and expect more.

You probably should've explained exactly what a "game-breaking" bug is, hehe.

The only problems I've had were some crashes when I first installed the game, and I lag like **** all the time, but I'm running an outdated video card so it's really astonishing that I can play at all.

Just sort of playing other games and passing time on the forums until my rig comes in.

You stop playing, and do something that you enjoy with your sparetime insted.

3 steps ahead of you bub

1) cancelled sub

2) uninstall.exe

3) catharsis on TOR forums due to Buyers Remorse

Tomorrow I spend the rest of my 2 winter break weeks preparing for biochem + thermal/fluid dynamics, working out, reading books/journals/review papers, and doing enjoyable things.

Have fun with this game!

Edited by YooYooMa

I've had glitches like Force Shock just continually showing the casting animation for a while after I was even out of combat, etc.

- Companions getting in my way when trying to turn something in.

- UI is buggy as hell. I have to CTRL+U at least 4 times a day. (Also, no reload ui command? Really?)

- The other night I was having some serious issues trying to connect to my server. IF it would let me log in, it would play fine for like... 3 minutes and then LAG SPIKE. DISCONNECT. Was fixed the next day, luckily.

- Sometimes when selecting my response to a quest, my toon will talk, but her mouth won't move. lol.

These are all the bugs I've encountered so far.

Actually i saw this once when i made a JC toon in the twiliek camp, never since.

Didnt really consider it game breaking though.

I was just wondering since i see alot of ppl having technical problems posting.

No game-breaking problems here. Plenty of nuisance problems, but nothing that halts progress or prevents me from playing.

QFT. I'm sorry that others are headbutting some issues, but I haven't had anything that I'd deem gamebreaking, at all.

I feel there are a ton of issues that need to be addressed, and I agree with most of the points made by people who are fed up and quitting. ...However, I'm totally cool with being patient with BW right now.

In 6 months, if too many of these things aren't fixed, THEN I'll quit-

Crappy UI

Crappy Auction House

Ability delay

No neutral gear

Medium graphics settings currently the max, characters and gear are low rez..etc..

End game content ( raids ) need to be very interesting and challenging

...and a few other thigns I can't think of at the moment

Now, as far as I can tell, most of those things BW has said they are working on.

I'm patient for now with them saying the game will be operational on schedule, but the Emperor does not share BW's optimistic appraisal of the situation... and he is most displeased with their apparent lack of progress.

Edited by Khechari

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.