Armormech Crafting Guide

TheLastWolfman

Thanks a lot! Well, in the time between I wrote my reply and you wrote yours, I found the reason why getting schematics from vendor was not working. I was checking with the vendor on Balmorra. It was always empty. When I went back to the fleet, I went to the skill guy and had a LOT of schematics available! But now I don't have any materials left hehe, so I'm back questing on Balmorra and scavenging dead droids :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a great guide, but really a better one would just be:

Get armor and mods off Commendation vendors whenever possible.

Sell whatever mats you get via Scavenging and Underworld Trading for cash.

Use the cash to buy mods from a Cybertech to keep your orange gear updated.

Use the rest to buy standard gear off of vendors.

In the end you'll have equal or better gear than via Armormech, and a lot more money.

there is one questino atm I have armorsmech 380 and I made plenty of armors for me, companion and guildies the patern is green-blue-purple (superior, mastercraft) but when I got schematic via underworld trading blue and I made it into purple there is no mark like superior or mastercraft so is there a posibility that if I buy or get schematic blue-purple-legendary ? Or what exactly are legendary items ?

I am 45 lvl right now and i hope that armorsmech will be at lvl 50 usefull.

I belive th OP has confused everyone....I'll explain

Tier 1 Green's/Basic

Tier 2 Blue's/Protype's

Tier 3 Purple/Artifact's

Orange items are not in the Tier scheme, Orange merely denotes a Modable Item.

1. Please stop calling Purple/Artifact's Tier 2, For Armormech they are Tier 3 Recipes.

2. It is still insanely cheaper to RE from blue/protetype qaulity than Purple.....You can't relearn the same recipe twice so why RE purple...Just RE blue's.

Hi apacheFX,

Again thanks for the feedback and responding to some of the questions asked in here.

I see we do have some conflicts in our terminology, let me try and clear those up for everyone (I will make some amendments to the guide to clarify better).

I picked up the use of terms tier 1 & tier 2 from Slaine's definitive post on Reverse Engineering. as much of the background content of my guide comes from there I stayed consistent with those terms.

You start with a Base schematic (This can be either Green or Blue in my experience).

The three possible schematics you can get from here (Critical, Overkill & Redoubt) are refered to as a Tier 1 Prefixes.

The fourteen (fifteen if they fix what we think is a bug) possible schematics you can get from here (Tempest, Endowment, etc) are referred to as Tier 2 Prefixes.

I therefore extended this terminology to refer to schematics as

Base

Tier 1 (with a tier 1 prefix)

Tier 2 (with a tier 2 prefix)

I ignored the colour (type?) of the schmatic as they differ dependant on the colour of the base schematic.

The naming convention you are suggesting won't work if the Base schematic is Blue, as the Critical/Overkill/Redoubt schematics obtained from this are Purple.

If we ignore the colour of the schematic/item it might still be confusing as we would have a Tier 2 schematic that provides an item with a tier 1 prefix (possibly more confusing).

Changing how we number the Prefixes would also add confunsion as if Critical/Overkill/Redoubt was called a Tier 2 prefix, people would ask "What are the Tier 1 prefixes?"

I shall add some more notes to the guide to clarify this

Regards

Wolf

there is one questino atm I have armorsmech 380 and I made plenty of armors for me, companion and guildies the patern is green-blue-purple (superior, mastercraft) but when I got schematic via underworld trading blue and I made it into purple there is no mark like superior or mastercraft so is there a posibility that if I buy or get schematic blue-purple-legendary ? Or what exactly are legendary items ?

I am 45 lvl right now and i hope that armorsmech will be at lvl 50 usefull.

Hi, and thanks for posting here.

My response to ApacheFX above should clarify. As you started with a Base Schematic (Blue) you will RE once to get a Tier 1 Prefix (Critical/Overkill/Redoubt). This item will be purple. You can RE these items to get a Tier 2 prefixed item (Tempest, Leadership, etc.) which will be a Purple (Superior) . A crit roll whilst crafting this recipe should give you a Mastercraft.

I hope that clarifies

Regards

Wolf

Hi apacheFX,

Again thanks for the feedback and responding to some of the questions asked in here.

I see we do have some conflicts in our terminology, let me try and clear those up for everyone (I will make some amendments to the guide to clarify better).

I picked up the use of terms tier 1 & tier 2 from Slaine's definitive post on Reverse Engineering. as much of the background content of my guide comes from there I stayed consistent with those terms.

You start with a Base schematic (This can be either Green or Blue in my experience).

The three possible schematics you can get from here (Critical, Overkill & Redoubt) are refered to as a Tier 1 Prefixes.

The fourteen (fifteen if they fix what we think is a bug) possible schematics you can get from here (Tempest, Endowment, etc) are referred to as Tier 2 Prefixes.

I therefore extended this terminology to refer to schematics as

Base

Tier 1 (with a tier 1 prefix)

Tier 2 (with a tier 2 prefix)

I ignored the colour (type?) of the schmatic as they differ dependant on the colour of the base schematic.

The naming convention you are suggesting won't work if the Base schematic is Blue, as the Critical/Overkill/Redoubt schematics obtained from this are Purple.

If we ignore the colour of the schematic/item it might still be confusing as we would have a Tier 2 schematic that provides an item with a tier 1 prefix (possibly more confusing).

Changing how we number the Prefixes would also add confunsion as if Critical/Overkill/Redoubt was called a Tier 2 prefix, people would ask "What are the Tier 1 prefixes?"

I shall add some more notes to the guide to clarify this

Regards

Wolf

No, just go to Tier 1, 2, 3, most other people are using this now anyway. Color doesn't matter within a crafting family, 1, 2, 3 works just fine if the Tier 1 base item is either green or blue. Let's try to be consistent with community terminology.

No, just go to Tier 1, 2, 3, most other people are using this now anyway. Color doesn't matter within a crafting family, 1, 2, 3 works just fine if the Tier 1 base item is either green or blue. Let's try to be consistent with community terminology.

OK, thats a fair point, I shall try and clarify along the lines of

3 Tiers of Schematics and crafted items

So a Tier 1 Schematic is the base schematic received from a trainer or mission/drop

This produces a Basic Tier 1 item with a chance for a Critical version (Exceptional / Advanced)

A Tier 2 Schematic received from RE'ing a Tier 1 Schematic

This produces a Tier 2 Item which has a (Tier 1)prefix (Critical/Redount/Overkill) with a chance for a Critical version (Advanced)

A Tier 3 Schematic recieved from RE'ing a Tier 2 Schematic

This produces a Tier 3 Item which has a (Tier 2) prefix (Endowment/Anti-Armor/etc.) with a chance for a Critical version (Mastercraft)

It's a little clumsy, but hopefully ties up all the threads and doesn't break any existing terminology

Thoughts?

Regards

Wolf

Thanks Bamajawn,

Shameless thread promotion, can I ask anyone who does find this thread useful to use the Rating system to give me an idea of whether it is worth continuing the work.

I would ask you to be honest and rate it as compared to the other great guides and threads in this forum.

Regards

Wolf

Thanks for a good guide :)

As I've wasted lots of materials trying to crit orange armor (I knew orange weapons could crit), I wonder if anyone can answer this question before I waste even more?

The artifact recipes you learn from trainer (belt and bracers, same as the top commendation rank 140 ones), can you crit those? For example the "Rakata Supercommando's Belt".

I'm at 400 AT and just went through and bought about 80k worth of schematics (I was bored) but while looking at them, especially the lvl 49 pieces I can't really see any reason why anyone would buy my stuff over the gear they get.

Is anyone selling high level armor pieces at a profit or should I be focusing on the 30 - 40 market as my primary earnings area?

Nice Guide ;)

Alright, so here's my situation: I've been working hard on the "Dread Scout" gear. I learned the two patterns from dropped patterns as such:

- Schematic: TD-07A Dread Scout Headgear

- Schematic: TD-07A Dread Scout Leggings

I've crafted them (Tier 1- Blue), reversed them, and created the "Overkill" and "Critical" versions (Tier 2 - Purple) of the item.

Now here's where it gets a bit sticky... I've created and reversed a ton of the "Overkill" (Tier 2 - Purple) versions of these items, but reversing never seems to return a Tier 3 version of these armors.

For further research, I decided to start watching the Galactic Marketplace on my server on all armor types, light/medium/heavy, and haven't yet seen a single piece of Vehemence/Expert/etc (Tier 3 - Purple, Superior) armor yet. The only thing I ever see is Redoubt/Critical/Overkill, for any of the Level 50 craftables.

Does anyone have a screenshot of a Tier 3 - Purple armormech crafted piece of gear from these level 50 pieces of gear? I've seen a ton of lower level Tier 3 pieces, but have yet to see anyone that's created a level 50 tier 3 like these. Before I burn through more Mandalorian Iron (the Grade 6 Purple UT Metal), I'd rather get some confirmation of sorts proving that this is possible and not bugged! :)

Good job on tying in this specifically for armorers, would be cool if people started putting down where they get certain armor drops from, like underworld 3 mission, boss drop, etc so we can start up a list and further deversify your thread from the main one, and have a consolidated place for people always asking where said item drops. that would be cool :)

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know how to post it, but i have an excel spreadsheet of all trainnable armormech schems with the t1 and t 2, names so its easier to keep track of what you have RE'd and willing to share it. tried it as a google doc and it came out crappy.

An easy in game way to see what u need to get in RE is to sort by lvl and it will keep all the teirs together making it easier to read.

I'm at 400 AT and just went through and bought about 80k worth of schematics (I was bored) but while looking at them, especially the lvl 49 pieces I can't really see any reason why anyone would buy my stuff over the gear they get.

Is anyone selling high level armor pieces at a profit or should I be focusing on the 30 - 40 market as my primary earnings area?

Unfortunately armormech doesn't produce cash period. There's not much we can make at any range that people want outside of maybe the moddables we can craft but even then we can only do helmets, chests, and greaves. Bioware apparently decided we're not allowed to craft moddable boots, gloves, or belts.

Armormech is probably the most worthless crafting profession of all. I mean, as an armormech myself, I don't even use it. That really says it all. I kept hoping it would get better as I collected more and more moddable recipes but it just never panned out.

Unfortunately armormech doesn't produce cash period. There's not much we can make at any range that people want outside of maybe the moddables we can craft but even then we can only do helmets, chests, and greaves. Bioware apparently decided we're not allowed to craft moddable boots, gloves, or belts.

Armormech is probably the most worthless crafting profession of all. I mean, as an armormech myself, I don't even use it. That really says it all. I kept hoping it would get better as I collected more and more moddable recipes but it just never panned out.

I think it depends on what item you can make. I regularly sell the highest level Endowment (crit and surge) belt and bracers learned from the trainer for 75k each, 100k if it has an augment slot. I think I'm the only one on the server who can craft them, but it shows that Armormech can make money; It's just very reliant on the recipes. Belts and bracers are where you can grab a corner of the market. If you get some of the patterns that drop in operations you can also make good cash on those, but the mats required make it a bit annoying to craft.

My point is that Armormech can make money, but it takes a lot of money to make money in this crew skill. You first need to find out which recipe will sell. Browse the GTN to see what's missing. Once you find an item that you see will fill a need, start RE'ing to get the best version of that item.

Nice Guide ;)

Alright, so here's my situation: I've been working hard on the "Dread Scout" gear. I learned the two patterns from dropped patterns as such:

- Schematic: TD-07A Dread Scout Headgear

- Schematic: TD-07A Dread Scout Leggings

I've crafted them (Tier 1- Blue), reversed them, and created the "Overkill" and "Critical" versions (Tier 2 - Purple) of the item.

Now here's where it gets a bit sticky... I've created and reversed a ton of the "Overkill" (Tier 2 - Purple) versions of these items, but reversing never seems to return a Tier 3 version of these armors.

For further research, I decided to start watching the Galactic Marketplace on my server on all armor types, light/medium/heavy, and haven't yet seen a single piece of Vehemence/Expert/etc (Tier 3 - Purple, Superior) armor yet. The only thing I ever see is Redoubt/Critical/Overkill, for any of the Level 50 craftables.

Does anyone have a screenshot of a Tier 3 - Purple armormech crafted piece of gear from these level 50 pieces of gear? I've seen a ton of lower level Tier 3 pieces, but have yet to see anyone that's created a level 50 tier 3 like these. Before I burn through more Mandalorian Iron (the Grade 6 Purple UT Metal), I'd rather get some confirmation of sorts proving that this is possible and not bugged! :)

This would be a damn good question to post in the Q/A thread and let a dev respond hopefully :)

I m about to undertake a similar trek (ie RE'ing purple T2's for a T3)

I'm making columi equivlant BOEs belts and selling them for around 200k on the GTN (boe mats cost about 60k, cubes and energy node are essentially free though, as there aren't many use for them anyways, so I get at least one a week).

Crits will probably go for 500k as they will be better than rakata. (obviously not better than the rakata crit ones)