Allow Defensive Cooldowns to be Used while Stunned

CupieFoxtail

There has been a lot of complaints around here on being killed during stunlocks

I think that an effective and interesting solution would be to allow a number of defensive cooldowns to be used during a stunlock

It would cut down on a lot of the pain done during a single stunlock when the player is just sitting there in frustration, and possibly prevent a nerf to burst damage

It would also create add to the strategy of timing cooldown use to prevent the most incoming damage

Just a thought :)

There are certainly a few negatives that could be pointed out as with any proposal, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

You would be adding another layer of strategy and injecting more skill into the PvP instead of bashing burst opening damage into the ground with an eventual nerf

A Smuggler <3

I like it. I find it impossible to determine when I'm going to take an instant-cast stun from one of eight enemy players while watching my team's health, the objectives, and any environmental items...

And coming from playing a Resto Druid in that other game...Barkskin did just what you suggest here.

I like it. I find it impossible to determine when I'm going to take an instant-cast stun from one of eight enemy players while watching my team's health, the objectives, and any environmental items...

And coming from playing a Resto Druid in that other game...Barkskin did just what you suggest here.

Yeah even something as simple as barkskin can keep a lot of problems from arising if used appropriately

I played a shaman, and before the last expansion we had an ability to reduce our damage taken by 30% when we were stunned, silenced, etc.

We had amazing damage output in pvp, but ultimately were glass cannons. This one ability kept our fragility from being entirely detrimental.

Needless to say, out of brilliant design, they decided to remove the ability. Elemental was suddenly stunlocked and bursted into oblivion, because we didn't have that 30% mitigation to that kept a target off our back

Something passive like that might be a little much for this game, but having the option to utilize the abilities that we already have in more situations would definitely solve some problems.

Edited by CupieFoxtail

like to know where people are getting these fabled stunlocks from... cause i'm level 40 now and i pvp quite often and yet to see myself ever get stunlocked by anyclass or combo of classes...

however i support this idea to some extent some cooldowns should be useable while stunned and i have no issues with it.

Uh the entire point of stunning someone to kill them is so that they can't get away and so that they can't use defensive cooldowns.

Welcome to MMORPG PvP.

Welcome to MMORPG PvP, where not all MMO's have exactly the same PvP mechanics. See what I did there?

A lot of people criticize this game for being too similar to another game

And now, without talking about an issue for what it is, you make a blanket statement that all MMO PvP is and always shall be a certain way

Edited by CupieFoxtail