Logitech Performance MX - Mouse4/5 doesn't work!

MasterDaveOne

Okay, so I can't get the game to recognize my mouse4/5 buttons, the thumb ones, on my Logitech Performance MX mouse.

Is there ANY way to get them to work with this game? I've tried re-assigning them with setpoint but no matter what I set the buttons to be, it doesn't recognize them. It also doesn't recognize the defaults (which it should as mouse 4 / mouse 5).

Maybe there's something i'm not understanding? Is this at least a known bug that Logitech's best mouse doesn't work right with the game?

Join the club. I hate to say it but the programmers FAILED when it came to mice and this game. I use a 14 button mouse and it works with every MMO I have ever played except this one. WoW, RIFT and even EQ2 it works fine on. I try to use it for SWTOR and I have tried to set up multiple keys to the mouse buttons and nothing works. Getting annoyed big time.

Same issues here with my WoW Gaming Mouse. It's not my drivers, mouse software, keybindings, profiles or connections. The issue is somewhere on the games end not recognizing the mouse softwares. I can even go into MS Word or something like it and push the mouse buttons and get the right keybinding's letter to come up.

Every other MMO it works fine....but not SWTOR. FAIL on Bioware, LA, EA there. :mad:

Have you tried running setpoint as an admin?

Not yet, but I shouldn't have to. I don't need to in any other game or application.

I was really just hoping it was some obscure setting that I missed that turned on mice with more than 3 buttons. I suppose nobody ever beta tested with a non-Dell mouse or something? (I am going to try a wired dell mouse from work tonight and hope for the best until this problem gets addressed. Ugh.)

I have a MX Revolution and reported this issue in both beta weekends I was in. Unfortunately the posts were lost amongst all the whining posts about Space Combat. I have the latest setpoint drivers and thought that maybe I was the only one with this issue until I saw this thread.

i too have MX Revolution and i just went to controls there in game and set it like any other button i do have up to date Setpoint too, maybe thats the key.hope this helps some what...

If you go into Setpoint and look at the about tab or screen, what version are you running?

I've suspected the new version for awhile.

Edited by Techie

My money is on it being a mouse software configuration issue. On the WoW gaming mouse, only the first 5 buttons worked for me in SWTOR. That is until I turned on the software in the OS instead of relying on the "detect WOW gaming mouse button" in WoW to be in SWTOR. Once you custom map the keys to key combinations in game, like ctrl-shift-f1 through f12 or something, they can all be used.

Instead of the SWTOR keybinds saying mouse button 13 (for example), SWTOR keybind of your choice, say jump, could be set to ctrl-shift-f1. If you set that to be your button 13 in the OS (not game), it will send it to the game and have the effect you want. The same thing applied to my old logitech mouse with setpint. So I'm pretty sure you have to set something. I'd go so far as to say there is some unspoken standard somewhere on what those keybinds are for gamepads and many button mice, but that instead of some prefix like ctrl-shift, bioware could be using control-alt.

I conquered this issue during beta, but probably not the way you'd like it conquered. I bind those buttons to the modifiers 'ctrl' and 'shift'. If it still works how it did in beta, you'll have to go into your setpoint settings - in the very bottom tab that looks like a gear, I think. Advanced settings for program-specific settings.

Assign those two buttons to whatever key or key combination you prefer. Worked like a charm in beta, so it should work now. I will (hopefully) be able to confirm that tomorrow afternoon. Setting application-specific bindings in the setpoint software actually seems more reasonable to me, considering I have those buttons normally bound to forward and back, which is probably already some obscure key combination (like alt + right arrow) universal to all internet browsers.

Just like Video cards, driver or profile updates are created for new popular games when enough user community posts on the manufacturers forums making the requests. Might suggest heading over to mouse manufacturer forums and making the case, they in turn could work with BW to make any needed updates.