The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which tree to use for lvling?

relnix

While lvling, i also want to PvP here and there...is it viable to use Pyro or AP?

is the tanking tree also good for lvling? whats your opinion?

EDIT: also, is it aim>endurance?

Edited by relnix

I started out as AP up until level 25 or so, it was alright. I much preferred pyro for leveling and PvP, the railshot procs are very very strong. Once i hit 35, i changed to shield tech, i can solo champions now. As far as i've seen, they are all very viable, try them out for yourself and see what you like.

EDIT: being shield spec gives you tons of medals in PvP, spam your gaurd/taunts and peel/pin enemies for your allies. Your damage output is still quite good, you just don't die often.

Edited by Folan

I would suggest leveling as Shield Tech with Mako out at early level. Since the other trees don't get their core talent til later, so the difference is negligible. You can stay Shield Tech all the way to 40, but by then the mobs already scale above your petty damage and you should switch over to AP/Pyro if you want faster leveling.

I like shield tech spec with Mako companion at all times. Killing stuff is pretty slow but you can solo just about anything (even 2 man heroic quests). And really even leveling with a fully tank spec I find that the painful time waster is all the ridiculous travel time, not the time spent in combat killing things somewhat slowly

edit: about stat priorities, as a shield tech I go with endurance > shield/defense/absorption rating > aim > everything else, and I still don't waste nearly as much time on killing mobs as I do on traveling around

Edited by DrJawaPhD