Biggest, most game-breaking thing ever.

Vacantspoon

I just witnessed the worst thing ever, it will probably unravel the very fabric of the universe; at the very least a disturbance in the force of unimaginable magnitude. Jedi with red lightsabers and Sith with blue/green lightsabers.

:eek: <-- that was me when I saw this travesty, in a bad way though.

The only reason red are sith side and blue/green was jedi side in the movie was to be a visual cue as to who's evil and good. Which imo is a stupid thing to begin with. The movies are very black and white, but KOTOR is not.

In Kotor as explained earlier you can have light sith and dark jedi and something in between which I really hope they get around to fixing the neutral zone soon.. But anyway, the colors here aren't totally set in stone. I think in the expanded Universe the color of a saber is more akin to a person's personality then to which side they are on.

Just remember not all Sith are evil and not all jedi are good :)

heard of dark jedi before?

Both Revan and Malak were jedi

A Jedi turned evil is referred to as a Dark Jedi simply due to lack of anything else to call them, they no longer hold any ties to the actual Jedi Order. Revan and Malak were Jedi before leaving to fight in the Mandalorian Wars. After all of the combat, they became evil and took over the Sith Empire.

Effectively, there are no evil Jedi nor good Sith because Jedi and Sith are simply cults built around certain belief systems. Evil is contrary to the Jedi system just as good is contrary to the Sith.

The actual color of the crystal is ultimately meaningless, however. Though the Sith use refined processed crystals for better blade strength and purity while the Jedi rely on natural crystals to represent their tie to balance.

Edited by Tewnam

I wish they would let you choose the color regardless of your alignment.

I agree with the earlier poster...I think the green/blue vs red in the movies was a gimmick to separate the good guys vs bad guys. We never saw any yellow or orange in the movies. I think people were mesmerized by Mace's purple because that was the first time we saw a color other than green blue or red.

I also think it would be cool if they added stones with different shades of the same color, like a lighter green and a deep emerald green. Light blue and a darker royal blue. Lighter red and a deep crimson.

I wish they would let you choose the color regardless of your alignment.

I agree with the earlier poster...I think the green/blue vs red in the movies was a gimmick to separate the good guys vs bad guys. We never saw any yellow or orange in the movies. I think people were mesmerized by Mace's purple because that was the first time we saw a color other than green blue or red.

I also think it would be cool if they added stones with different shades of the same color, like a lighter green and a deep emerald green. Light blue and a darker royal blue. Lighter red and a deep crimson.

There were yellow sabers in the prequel movies, and were in the expanded universe long before that.

Purple sabers are rare among Jedi because the saber form needed to master it pushes the wielder to the brink of the darkside, and most Jedi fall. Mace Windu's is one of the few Jedi to master the form without falling to the darkside...his padawan was not so lucky.