Where were these threads before today?

Danik_Kreldin

EGA was announced the same time as pre-orders went available. We all knew about it, hell it was the incentive for many. We later found out that the EGA would be UP TO five days. Then then changed to UP TO seven days. Meaning, we could get in on any one of those days. But there was little to no outrage, as far as I saw, clearly nothing of this caliber.

Yet, those same points many in these threads are bringing up were just as valid then:

People would get ahead.

People would be leveling up without friends.

Getting the name you wanted would be more difficult.

Server firsts would be slightly harder.

None of this was cried from the rooftops, the devs weren't chewed out, and so on and so forth.

It was only until the day arrived... and you didn't get your e-mail. Oh boy, that's when it became an issue. So all those reasons suddenly became an issue for you, because you weren't part of the day one group. God-forbid you have to wait another day, maybe two, or three... what-have-you. So now you'll complain, now you'll raise the battle cry and go to war against Bioware, for mucking up everything! Not before, when you clearly knew about what the EGA entailed. Only after you felt slighted, because you're a silly, spoiled, entitled brat.

You'll get in. The world isn't over. Calm down, step back, and do something else with your time. It's pathetic.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't know they were going to stop inviting people at 2pm when the servers were all still empty. Staggering didn't bother me, I didn't expect to get in today. What I did however expect was that they would put forth reasonable effort to get people into the game, and that did not happen.

because every single thread is just another way to say:

I'M NOT IN YET AND I'M MAD

Never listen to a Hutt.

Like the guy above the fatty.

Its not about EGA, its about how all the servers are light/standard. Every server has the potential to double their current population and still be medium/heavy AND they havent rolled out all the servers yet.

The forums were closed before today, so... yeah. They were nowhere.

You do realize the forums were open since 2008, and only closed a few days ago in preparation for the game? EGA was announced when pre-orders were announced, around July I believe, so we all knew about EGA since July. The same dangers people are crying about now were just as real then. And we knew about the 5-day access for nearly two months now, maybe even more. So what's changed, other than that people didn't get in when they wanted to?

because its just a clever marketing ploy, UP TO, most people understood it but didnt expect it to turn into a worst case scenario.

I dont expect to be in day one, I DID expect them to get moving and get us in the first few days, maybe by the weekend. I did not figure up to ment probably not, maybe a day at the end. Thats what kinda annoys me.

Edit: Also, screw everyone who classifies the unhappy consumer as a "complainer", or a "whiner". Communists, get a grip and learn to take the truth as a compilation of everyones reality. Your side, my side, and the truth make up the whole.

Edited by Viralblack

EGA was announced the same time as pre-orders went available. We all knew about it, hell it was the incentive for many. We later found out that the EGA would be UP TO five days. Then then changed to UP TO seven days. Meaning, we could get in on any one of those days. But there was little to no outrage, as far as I saw, clearly nothing of this caliber.

Yet, those same points many in these threads are bringing up were just as valid then:

People would get ahead.

People would be leveling up without friends.

Getting the name you wanted would be more difficult.

Server firsts would be slightly harder.

None of this was cried from the rooftops, the devs weren't chewed out, and so on and so forth.

It was only until the day arrived... and you didn't get your e-mail. Oh boy, that's when it became an issue. So all those reasons suddenly became an issue for you, because you weren't part of the day one group. God-forbid you have to wait another day, maybe two, or three... what-have-you. So now you'll complain, now you'll raise the battle cry and go to war against Bioware, for mucking up everything! Not before, when you clearly knew about what the EGA entailed. Only after you felt slighted, because you're a silly, spoiled, entitled brat.

You'll get in. The world isn't over. Calm down, step back, and do something else with your time. It's pathetic.

They were all deleted by the mods. There were a TON of threads saying how poor of an idea it was not telling people when they would get in. The mods deleted them all and forced people to reply in a HUGE thread that was ignored.

Never listen to a Hutt.

Like the guy above the fatty.

Its not about EGA, its about how all the servers are light/standard. Every server has the potential to double their current population and still be medium/heavy AND they havent rolled out all the servers yet.

It wasn't half an hour ago, it was about exploited pvp gear, economies, etc.

My My doesn't the nerd frenzy shift focus slightly, but quickly.

Seriously folks, relax a bit, order a pizza, eat the pizza, veg out from being overstuffed.

Because clearly you all know better than the developers, right? You're all skilled game designers with years in the game business? Clearly, you're right, why doesn't Bioware listen to you? Damn Bioware, share us the metrics that prove me right!

Oh whew. Thought this was going to be a serious discussion. Move along people. Just another fanboi.

before the wipe people had no idea how ega was going to work.

after the wipe people are complaining wondering why they did not get in today.

no wonder all the tech support centers are not in america.

But we knew it was UP TO 5 days, later changed to 7 days. It clearly stated we would have a chance of playing UP TO 5 days. Meaning you could get 5 days, 4 days, 3 days, 2 days, or just 1 day. But definitely at least 1 day.

What more is there to know? Nothing changed since then. Some people would have 4 days head start on others, others 3 day head starts, and so on and so forth... but it's only now that the forums are full of rage over it, because they're upset they didn't get in.

The reason there wasnt an uproar about it before was because the game wasnt live then. Now that it's live and people can't play, they're kicking and screaming. They'll make all sorts of justifications for their tantrum but in the end its because they aren't playing right now and other people are.

The ONLY fix for them is the Oracle fix(from the Matrix). "Take a cookie(give them access). I promise you by the time you're finished with that cookie you'll feel right as rain."

The whole point behind not telling when you would get invited was for them to be able to adjust the numbers on a whim. It's not what is happening right now, the servers have been at Light load with numbers around 50-80 per zones ALL DAY, yes even during the prime time.

If they had told everyone earlier today when they would be admitted on the servers, none of this "drama" would be happening. And they could have, by 1PM EST they were done with the 5th Wave and considering the servers are empty, they did NOT adjust it to match performance.

So you have people that's been following this game for years, paid good money and pre-ordered months ago... just looking at empty servers.

And you think it's any better for the guys playing right now? It's impossible to find groups for Flashpoint and Warfront end in 120 seconds because of a lack of players. It sucks for them as well, not as much, but it sucks.

Overall no one is satisfied put aside the few guys like you defending this terrible launch.

Because clearly you all know better than the developers, right? You're all skilled game designers with years in the game business? Clearly, you're right, why doesn't Bioware listen to you? Damn Bioware, share us the metrics that prove me right!

Oh I see you made this thread to troll, not to actually accumulate answers.

Oh I see you made this thread to troll, not to actually accumulate answers.

No, it's a perfectly legitimate response. It sickens me when a bunch of teenagers throw accusations around as if they know better than everyone else, particularly the people who have been working on this game for over half a decade now. Does it make me a fan boy to assert that maybe, just maybe, you don't know everything, and that perhaps they have their reasons for doing what they do? Or is it simply more convenient for you to believe that you're right and Bioware is doing this all to screw you over because they get off on your tears? Hmm...

Edited by Danik_Kreldin