Go back to WoW is killing ToR!

Nausgaming

I find it ironic how all the folks defending ToR are so eager to encourage people to throw their money at another company, talk about brand loyalty. Do you seriously care about ToR's future? Or do you just want the easy way out and say, "if you don't like it, spend your money else where."

Keep it up, if you want ToR to fall to the wayside like so many other broken games. Realize that EA is in charge now, and if they don't net profit because you're all so eager to encourage spending money on the competition. EA will either let ToR fall into ruins, or break Bioware to the point where they can mold it into something more competitive on the market.

Also, don't be cowards and fear a challenge. ToR has issues, accepting them just encourages weakness. Admit that Tor has issues and encourage the company to work on and improve upon them. Don't lie to them about it, and don't lie to yourself that you're enjoying a broken game.

Being annoyed and complaining on the forums while still paying $15 a month and contributing helpful suggustions does more to help the game develope and mature than anyone silently lying to themselves that the game is perfect. If anything, turning paying customers away from ToR hurts the game. STOP HURTING THE GAME! P.S. give us dual-spec and rolling, for real. >.>

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it ironic how all the folks defending ToR are so eager to encourage people to throw their money at another company, talk about brand loyalty. Do you seriously care about ToR's future? Or do you just want the easy way out and say, "if you don't like it, spend your money else where."

Keep it up, if you want ToR to fall to the wayside like so many other broken games. Realize that EA is in charge now, and if they don't net profit because you're all so eager to encourage spending money on the competition. EA will either let ToR fall into ruins, or break Bioware to the point where they can mold it into something more competitive on the market.

Also, don't be cowards and fear a challenge. ToR has issues, accepting them just encourages weakness. Admit that Tor has issues and encourage the company to work on and improve upon them. Don't lie to them about it, and don't lie to yourself that you're enjoying a broken game.

Being annoyed and complaining on the forums while still paying $15 a month and contributing helpful suggustions does more to help the game develope and mature than anyone silently lying to themselves that the game is perfect. If anything, turning paying customers away from ToR hurts the game. STOP HURTING THE GAME! P.S. give us dual-spec and rolling, for real. >.>

You need to learn to tell the difference between constructive criticism and whining posts.

People are telling the whiners to go back to WoW because their posts are either: pointless, nonsensical, unrealistic, unreasonable, self-centered, trolling, crying or all of the above. One also has to question why they are here at all if WoW is enthralling them so.

Conversely, there are many constructive criticism threads on this forum (largely getting eaten up by the sea of crap from the whiners) where there is alot of support. Here are two examples of how to do it right:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=105955

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=87349

This barrage of crap hitting these forums at the moment are whining posts, dear, and telling them to get the heck out is not hurting TOR.

Also, I am enjoying the game, but then I'm not one of these crazies who is already at endgame after 2 weeks.

Edited by Myrmedus

When someone comes on the forum and continuously whines about how WoW has this "feature" and that "feature," but SWTOR doesn't, then yes....they need to go back to WoW. I quit WoW several months ago because the changes in it made that game stink. I don't want those same changes coming over to SWTOR.

The forum whiners hurt the game more by being here than what EA gain from their subs.

Go back to WoW.

The people who truly enjoy the game are logged in playing it with smiles on their faces. The fact that you're here, posting on my topic signifies that you have some conflict about the quality of the game to begin with, if not the game, just the community. Which is still, directly related to the quality of the game.

I will give you, that a percent of the complaints are useless, similar to your response. But some do however, address valid concerns and offer constructive methods of improving the game. I'm afraid that you lack the ability to understand how important these concepts are to a competitive market.

All I'm saying in my original post, is that by shunning people away from the game, you are encouraging the competition and hurting ToR. So in reality, you're supporting Blizzard and World of Warcraft. And also with the same stroke of genius, encouraging people to cancel their Swtor accounts in order to pay Blizzard.

I hope you're proud of yourself, for your actions. If not, then you should think before you speak.

The people who truly enjoy the game are logged in playing it with smiles on their faces. The fact that you're here, posting on my topic signifies that you have some conflict about the quality of the game to begin with, if not the game, just the community. Which is still, directly related to the quality of the game.

I will give you, that a percent of the complaints are useless, similar to your response. But some do however, address valid concerns and offer constructive methods of improving the game. I'm afraid that you lack the ability to understand how important these concepts are to a competitive market.

All I'm saying in my original post, is that by shunning people away from the game, you are encouraging the competition and hurting ToR. So in reality, you're supporting Blizzard and World of Warcraft. And also with the same stroke of genius, encouraging people to cancel their Swtor accounts in order to pay Blizzard.

I hope you're proud of yourself, for your actions. If not, then you should think before you speak.

Personally I'm here rather than playing TOR because I'm waiting before I need to go out, I don't want to start playing TOR because I'll get sucked in for hours.

Also, like I said in my post, there's a difference between constructive criticism and whining, please observe said difference because I can tell you 99% of these threads are not constructive in any way.

if they were helpfull suggestions for swtor then i could understand but many aren't.

many are just asking for wow features to be dropped into this game for some unknown reason.

which is why they say....if you want wow features go play wow.....it's not meant in any other way.

complaining about the ui....wow has only opened up theirs to be changed by mods...it's not like they have a slick ui themselves.

complaining about lack of an lfd tool, well a version that works for swtor would be ok but not the tool from wow sorry but that is a horrible idea for a fledgling game.

generally complaining about anything wow has this game doesn't....just pointless...this really isn't world of warcraft which is something those complaining need to realise.

there are many ways the above can be done that doesn't mirror or copy another games choices, those fanboys you mention are asking those others to just chill out and wait to see how bioware create and implement such things.

just asking for wow to be dropped into here would be a waste of time, considering entire swathes of players in wow do not use the lfd tool because it is bloody horrible at times and while it gets you easy valor what will swtor give you as a reward to run them? and should it give you a reward? no it shouldn't there by negating any reason to have a tool for spam running insatnces.

you know those are just a few reasons of many, but blizzard spent a colossal sum of money implementing an lfd tool, none of us know how many versions they went through before settling on the one they liked but there is a difference they had a game that was up for 4 years and there expansion had just come out as well as having already been working on ulduar for months prior to that as well.

in any case if you really aren't happy that this game doesn't have alot of things the game you came from does then try to remember at least one thing...this is not the game you just came from...

When someone comes on the forum and continuously whines about how WoW has this "feature" and that "feature," but SWTOR doesn't, then yes....they need to go back to WoW. I quit WoW several months ago because the changes in it made that game stink. I don't want those same changes coming over to SWTOR.
WoW is the game every Mmo will be compaired to like it or not.

The ammount of people actually leaving is minor and likes to scream it really loud in the forums. This is a good game, we know that, and we know it will still grow after the kiddies leave.

I know you think you're a special snowflake, but you aren't. We can safely send you off cause we don't really need you.

The ammount of people actually leaving is minor and likes to scream it really loud in the forums. This is a good game, we know that, and we know it will still grow after the kiddies leave.

I know you think you're a special snowflake, but you aren't. We can safely send you off cause we don't really need you.

Sorry server population screen says different

Why, you obviously don't.

I'm logged in happily playing the game with a smile on my face.

I come here to troll the trolls. Just a little hobby of mine.

How am I doing sunshine?

Demanding that TOR has some unnecessary tool or option exactly like WoW has does not help TOR. If we wanted to play WoW, we would play WoW. Since WoW was release the first three months of every MMO release has been exactly like this. If Bioware and EA were smart (yeah right) they would wait until the initial phase of WoW fanboys go back there before making any significant changes to this game.

In short, just because YOU want something, doesn't mean that it's an awesome idea.

Sorry server population screen says different

queues would like a word with you.

If you log on at 2am the pop will be low, but in sure you're smart enough to figure that out by yourself. *chuckle*

Also, in case you missed it the holidays are over.

Edited by Nemmar

I'm here because I want to stop people like you from ruining the game. If I drive you away from the game it will get at least 10 more subs. I am proud of it.

Look at all the people lashing out complainers bashing your precious game. Wait why are you here? Why do you care? Why aren't you playing your "amazing game"? Oh I get it. Just like a religious nut case who lashes out at non believers you are here to defend the idea that you made the right choice of buying this game and spending your time on it. Why else would you care what complainers have to say? It's obvious you have your doubts about the game too and publicly defending the game strengthens your faith about the game. Just like religious sheep.

Fanboys will be fanboys.

queues would like a word with you.

If you log on at 2am the pop will be low, but in sure you're smart enough to figure that out by yourself. *chuckle*

Also, in case you missed it the holidays are over.

on what 3-4 servers at peak time compaired to 15 last weeK? please buddy give your head a shake

Edited by DjVybz

Look at all the people lashing out complainers bashing your precious game. Wait why are you here? Why do you care? Why aren't you playing your "amazing game"? Oh I get it. Just like a religious nut case who lashes out at non believers you are here to defend the idea that you made the right choice of buying this game and spending your time on it. Why else would you care what complainers have to say? It's obvious you have your doubts about the game too and publicly defending the game strengthens your faith about the game. Just like religious sheep.

Fanboys will be fanboys.

And blind haters will blindly hate. Your point?

Fanboys will be fanboys.

You are a fanboy too. It's amusing that you don't even realize it, since none of you that use it as an insult actually understand what it means.

i guess u lov e bashen games cause hat is all your posts troll is a troll

guess this games not 4 u great

guess what only 1% actually reads ur posts only reason y i am is i am eaten breakfast and cant play and eat