The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Definition of a "Ranged Attack"

Cerec

Under the description for ION GAS CYLINDER, it says "....giving ranged attacks a 15%...."

What is a 'ranged attack' in this context? What is the cutoff in meters for what's "ranged" and what's not?

In other words, which abilities have the possibility of proccing ION GAS CYLINDER?

So, not "Flame Burst", "Heat Blast"? (they have 10m 'range'...)

Sucks that it wouldn't proc from "Rocket Punch" ..that's such an important ability.

I'm surprised no one asked this question before...or maybe I just missed the thread.

So, not "Flame Burst", "Heat Blast"? (they have 10m 'range'...)

Sucks that it wouldn't proc from "Rocket Punch" ..that's such an important ability.

I'm surprised no one asked this question before...or maybe I just missed the thread.

Shieldtechs get a 100% proc on Rocket Punch from talents.

As far as what counts for a "ranged attack," I was pretty sure it was only actual blaster shots. CGC mentions blaster attacks specifically and only procs off of them (baseline anyway). I think the ION tooltip doesn't mention blasters because it is already a pretty cramped tooltip.

I'll keep my eyes open, but to my best recollection I've never seen it proc off of Flame Burst, Heat Blast, or Rail Shot. I don't use Heat Blast anymore, but I'll see if I can't notice a proc on the other two.

I think it's only blaster attacks, and that this doesn't include rail shot. Specifically the gas cylinder is meant to proc off of rapid shots and rocket punch since rocket punch is one of your bread and butter skills, while rapid shots is meant to be used to conserve heat.

I think it's only blaster attacks, and that this doesn't include rail shot. Specifically the gas cylinder is meant to proc off of rapid shots and rocket punch since rocket punch is one of your bread and butter skills, while rapid shots is meant to be used to conserve heat.

And unload. Hell the main perk of unload is to get a cylinder proc off when you need one (which is almost never past level 20, but the point stands).

Blasters, didn't seen it proccing from rocket punch.

I will say, don't worry, every skill tree have pre-defined cylinder to use, and Ion Gas Cylinder launches itself from additional resources in its dedicated path.

If you are shield tech ION overload will cause rocket punch to proc ION gas cylinder 100 percent of the time.