This is not your MMO

Krenum

So there are a lot of hardcore traditionalist saying the sky is falling and that this MMO will fail from lacking key features, bugs, or lacking MMO elements all together. Well this game is different, completely different!

To take a single player game and make it to where you are playing with other people, allowing you to group, etc is genius! So this game being completely different may not be the game for you and for that I am sorry. But right now there are millions enjoying this game! All my friends / co-workers are playing it and loving it.

So if it wasn't what you were looking for, better luck to you but it is what millions of others are looking for. This is not your MMO, it's our MMO!

So there are a lot of hardcore traditionalist saying the sky is falling and that this MMO will fail from lacking key features, bugs, or lacking MMO elements all together. Well this game is different, completely different!

To take a single player game and make it to where you are playing with other people, allowing you to group, etc is genius! So this game being completely different may not be the game for you and for that I am sorry. But right now there are millions enjoying this game! All my friends / co-workers are playing it and loving it.

So if it wasn't what you were looking for, better luck to you but it is what millions of others are looking for. This is not your MMO, it's our MMO!

Very well said OP. This needs to be bumped -- often.

When was the last time you played a SPRPG for more than 1-3 months, and when was the last time you paid $15 a month to play it? I've had SPRPG's that I've played on-and-off for years, but the key phrase there is "on-and-off." I play it til I'm bored, uninstall, maybe a year later I'll load it up again... Bioware is asking to pay $15 a month steady to play a game that, to me, is way too reminiscent of a single-player experience.

That's the crux of the issue. Even most of the malcontents here like me believe 1-3 months of playability is doable.

Edited by Mannic

And whats funny is that Bioware has NOT been secretive about what SWTOR was/is going to be. They have said all along this game was going to be a Story-Driven MMO. And guess what? They delivered a story-driven MMO. How dare them!

When was the last time you played a SPRPG for more than 1-3 months, and when was the last time you paid $15 a month to play it.

That's the crux of the issue. Even most of the malcontents here like me believe 1-3 months of playability is doable.

What angers you most: The fact you dislike SWTOR, or the fact the cheers of 1.5 million players are drowining out your complaint.

Edited by Klarick

What angers you most: The fact you dislike SWTOR, or the fact the cheers of 1.5 million players are drowining out your complaint.

Sound like you are getting paid by BW marketing or at least hope to be. From what I can see there is not that much "cheering" going on except in posts like this, now that the first hype is fading and Bioware actually has to deliver.

Edited by DaEzz

Got to agree with the OP.

ToR is pretty much my ideal game for when I want something balanced between the story and immersion aspects of a open ended MMOs and a extremely linear spoon fed theme park MMOs with no soul to them.

Ok, it does lean heavily towards the themepark side of the scale but what is there in terms of meaningful driven story that you normally only see in more open ended styled MMOs really sets ToR out as something uniquely quirky.

Unfortunately I feel uniquely quirky will make the game rather a niche title in the long run, and will put off EA from significantly backing it financially to see the game develop in a similar direction to how it started with adding more core story arcs, rather than just pushing out more raids, dungeons and instanced PvP areas.....

But we'll see.

If ToR does end up evolving in a direction focused around raiding and similar as the core focus, not sure it will be able to maintain a healthy community alongside the impact the quirky side to it will have on people who would really get the benefit of the raid focus.

:(

Edited by Tikigit

Very well said OP

Reading through all the complaints in these forums - disregarding some valid bug complaints - they all seem to have one thing in common, they want to turn this into a WoW clone.

Now don't get me wrong, I played WoW since its beta days, and I guess I'll be flamed for this, but WoW was and still is a great MMO experience if you're so inclined for that sort of gameplay. But I've been there, I raided for nights on in, I lead raids, back in the 40 man molten core raids that took 5 / 6 hours to get anywhere, I joined my guildies in laughter, triumph and frustration... but it's DONE! We've moved on!

Stop crying for damage meters, gearscores, LFD, elitist raiding content, stop trying to turn this into WoW!

Argh! It's disconcerting how everyone jumps on the "I hate WoW" and then whines on the forums that this games lacks all the trademarks of that game.

Misleading thread title. This game is not an MMO. The only people that would be happy with the game would be first time players that are none the wiser when it comes to the shopping list of features this game is missing.

Misleading thread title. This game is not an MMO. The only people that would be happy with the game would be first time players that are none the wiser when it comes to the shopping list of features this game is missing.

Cracks me up when people like yourself (which is a large majority of the forum population) consider your opinion the voice of everyone.

funny how your including everyone into your cancerous reply posts

I'm enjoying myself. I learned a long time ago that an MMO shouldn't consume your life, so I am taking my time and enjoying the story, space combat, PvP, crafting, Flashpoints, and just socializing with other players.

What features? I think for a game that provides an exceptionally well-crafted game experience it has a lot of little features wrapped up into it.

Literally my only complaint at the moment is how choppy the game runs when there is a lot of action on the screen. It doesn't matter how low I turn my video settings, it runs choppy nevertheless. If they can sort this out I will have nothing to complain about.

In case you think this is my first MMO, it's not. I played FFXI for 3 years, WoW for 7, and spend several months in Warhammer Online, Champions Online, City of Heroes, EVE Online, Aion, and many other smaller titles. I simply don't expect an MMO to provide me with the sun, the moon, and the stars. I just want it to be a fun leisure activity, and SWTOR has that all wrapped up.

Bioware themselves over hyped the game. They were the ones claiming this would forever change MMO's as we know them.

Yeah that happened :rolleyes:

The only think Bioware/EA hyped was the notion of story playing a relevant role in an MMO which has NEVER been done before. Never did they say that this MMO would change everything....that hype was done by the fans of the game.

It is sort of like Killzone 1 being a Halo killer before it came out. The Killzone Developers/Sony NEVER said it themselves that Killzone will be a Halo killer, that was just something that the internet started.

Bioware themselves over hyped the game. They were the ones claiming this would forever change MMO's as we know them.

Yeah that happened :rolleyes:

They said exactly the opposite, they said at multiple press conferances that they werent trying to reinvent the wheel but decided to go with a standard A4 game with the added their so called fourth pillar of story.

So no, try again.