The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

supreme guards in the founder

Cynin

For some reason as a 50 powertech with mako i'm having a lot of trouble killing them. I try splitting them up and i still die to them. Both mako and i have 40 pvp set while i have some pieces from gear i found on a later planet. I'm stuck on the founder with no way in getting off untill i beat them. Anyone got any tips maybe a different companion is useful to help kill atleast one?

they were a bit of a pain.... essentially i just stimmed up and eventually got lucky enough to bring one down (string of crits in a row :p).

didnt realise i was stuck there though - does emergency fleet pass not work? pretty lame having enemies that hard in an area you cant get out of :/ means its possible to get your character entirely stuck there if your too undergeared/underlevelled for the fight...

I can't remember, but I think I had mako stun one and I just killed one until I was like 20% HP, then i pop shield, kolto injection, medpac, and that other 10min CD ability.

I was also carbonizing/darting every CD.

I was able to take one down, then just focus'd on last with mako healing me.

they both heal

Not enough to be a problem if you interrupt one.

Everyone focuses on the Healing, that isn't even a problem for PTs. The problem was Healing + Knockback. Fight them right where they're at between the one you're currently fighting and the wall closest them. They knock you back and you're still in effective damage range (Flame Burst, 10m) and only 2 steps towards getting back in interrupt range. The absolute worst thing you can do is get in a situation where both of them can do their knockbacks, so leave em where they start the damn fight.

Aside from that, make sure you keep threat on both, but have Mako attacking the one you're not attacking. This seems counter intuitive, but it will make the one you can't interrupt more likely to heal himself and not his buddy. You'll need to toss a taunt over from time to time or nail him with Unload, but you want Mako only healing you so you don't run into the same problem you're trying to cause them to have.

If you're getting close to to killing the first one, Electro Dart the second to ensure he doesn't heal his pal and then be ready to interrupt the first as you finish the job. If you haven't already familiarized yourself with how the Focus target system works, now isn't a good time to learn but I suggest you do anyway.

Did it as ST/Pyro with Mako healing. Work smarter, not harder.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

The fight is alot easier for Mercs since they can perma sleep one of them, I had a ***** of a time as my Powertech but it is doable. Just focus on stun/interupt/carbonize/jet charge/grapple on one of them to keep them frm healing and if you see his buddy wind up have Mako sleep him. If you can kill one then the other is cake.

Ill post what I posted in the other thread.

I just clicked the escape pod and left, you don't have to fight the healing guys... Why does every one complain about things that aren't required to be fought?

IDK maybe it was a bug but i walked into the room, died to them, then saw the escape pod and clicked it. Whoosh gone.

Pod blew up pushed the carbonite dude into space and jumpped out after him.