PvP Gear Distribution

HaIcyon

So the way the PvP Gear Rewards system works is the following:

1. You gain warzone commendations after finishing a warzone. This can range from 25 to over 100 commendations, and is easier to get depending on your class, but this isn't what this thread is about.

2. You exchange with a 1:3 ratio to get merc commendations, a condensed form of warzone commendations.

3. You buy a Gear bag, and then have a chance to get a unassembled item which you can turn in for a item itself, or you get 3 commendations that are currency used to buy pvp items as well.

The prime problem with this system is the fact that it's based on chance, or rather RNG. This makes it possible to get a full set of pvp gear in a few days, or never, if you're lucky or unlucky enough. Some people are happy about this since they got a full set of champion gear in a matter of 15 bags, but I'm on my 18th bag without a single champion item. This uneven gear distribution is stupid, and I have no idea why they even implemented this form of pvp gear distribution.

Solution: Let people buy pvp gear via merc/warzone commendations. Forget those stupid reward bags, or just keep them for rewards after dailies/weeklys, i dont care, just stop making the sole way to get pvp gear via reward bags.

/endrant

buy centurian gear with ur tokens....thats the normal progression....if u get lucky u can skip a few pieces with champ gear....

working as intended

/thread

For casuals that means they'll never gear up. It takes a long time to get a bag in the first place. Should gearing up take a long time? Yes but not for Tier 1. Tier 1 shouldn't be extremely time consuming. I think they have it right with the bags honestly. I think it should be 20 Warzone commendations = 10 Merc commendations. I also think 1-2 Cent marks should be gained by wins. Making winning even more juicy. This doesn't make it easy mode but does take back some of the grind.

Yeah but then I might by the rng get a piece that I already have for centurion, which is also retarded. I want a choice on what I can get, not have my choiced decided on RNG

And while we are at it, can we also do it so whenever I run a flashpoint I get to choose which piece of gear the boss drops? I don't want him to drop gear I allready have :'( :'( /sarcasm

System is fine, as stated earlier, it's a chance to speed up the process of getting the full set.

For casuals that means they'll never gear up. It takes a long time to get a bag in the first place. Should gearing up take a long time? Yes but not for Tier 1. Tier 1 shouldn't be extremely time consuming. I think they have it right with the bags honestly. I think it should be 20 Warzone commendations = 10 Merc commendations. I also think 1-2 Cent marks should be gained by wins. Making winning even more juicy. This doesn't make it easy mode but does take back some of the grind.

no it doesnt....i get a bag with 800 comms....takes about 8-10 games...couple hours.....even a casual can do that in one day

take the mods out and put it in something else.....

go play some other game then and clutter their forums.

That doesn't give you a set bonus. Also that's a ridiculous statement. Disliking a single aspect of the game =/= Disliking the game. Even if there was no change I love SWTOR. Dislike something you bring up the problem. That's the only way it'll change. Enough people complain. Things get changed.

One bag won't gear you up. One bag is 3 marks. If you're lucky a piece of gear. It takes over 10 bags to afford main gear items. This will take a casual a long long time.

Edited by Rhyltran

This brings up another issue. Biased medal system. A juggernaut can get more medals than a marauder due to being a tank and a dps. A sorc can get more medals than a marauder because they can heal and dps. Marauders can only dps, and thus the bias.

I think that the problem is, is that this is the "final grind" and once you get it there is no carrot on a stick to go after anymore, until they introduce better gear to chase. They are likely not focused on more gear to grind for this early in the games release, and are using this system to keep you grinding for as long as possible so they have lots of time to make something new for you to try to get.

I believe the system is working as intended in the devs eyes.

When this system gets "fixed" some time in the future, after much uproar on the forums, it will probably come with more high end gear to go after, and some new ridiculously difficult way to get it. Probably have to spend commendations for lotto tickets that have a weekly drawing or something.

Sounds like PvP have to deal with something PvE has had since the dawn of time.

Not quite. Completing flashpoints with a guild is quicker than getting 800 marks with a guild. Typically a flash point doesn't take 2+ hours unless you're doing something wrong. Note I don't disagree with the bag system. I do think the cost needs to be reduced.

Edited by Rhyltran

Not quite. Completing flashpoints with a guild is quicker than getting 800 marks with a guild. Typically a flash point doesn't take 2+ hours unless you're doing something wrong. Note I don't disagree with the bag system. I do think the cost needs to be reduced.

yea thats true but have u checked the stats on fp gear vs pvp gear? the pvp is better than the fp gear even wtih expertise on it in a lot of cases

yea thats true but have u checked the stats on fp gear vs pvp gear? the pvp is better than the fp gear even wtih expertise on it in a lot of cases

As stated. Flashpoints are quicker to run. With the tweak I proposed it'll still be that way but only slightly. Also the gear is pretty comparable so speed of attaining them should be as well. I do like the bag system. I'm probably one of the few who do. Like I said 20 warzone badges should equal 10 mercenary. Rather than 30. This one change would make things much smoother IMO. The randomness is still there but it's not as annoying as working for 800 marks just to end up with 3 tokens.

Either way I'm not threatening to quit. Even if they decide to take my suggestion by the time it's implemented I'll probably already be completely geared up anyway. Just in the future I think that's a better tweak to the system.

Edited by Rhyltran

As stated. Flashpoints are quicker to run. With the tweak I proposed it'll still be that way but only slightly. Also the gear is pretty comparable so speed of attaining them should be as well. I do like the bag system. I'm probably one of the few who do. Like I said 20 warzone badges should equal 10 mercenary. Rather than 30. This one change would make things much smoother IMO. The randomness is still there but it's not as annoying as working for 800 marks just to end up with 3 tokens.

Either way I'm not threatening to quit. Even if they decide to take my suggestion by the time it's implemented I'll probably already be completely geared up anyway. Just in the future I think that's a better tweak to the system.

reading is fundamental. the stats on the gear would ahve to be adjusted if you made it easier to obtain and its already atrociously easier than previous mmo's to obtain pvp gear. put in the work like everyone else

reading is fundamental. the stats on the gear would ahve to be adjusted if you made it easier to obtain and its already atrociously easier than previous mmo's to obtain pvp gear. put in the work like everyone else

Uh? It's easier on many other mmo's. I already said it's comparable to flashpoints and flashpoints are quicker. So the time needs to be adjusted to fix that.

And while we are at it, can we also do it so whenever I run a flashpoint I get to choose which piece of gear the boss drops? I don't want him to drop gear I allready have :'( :'( /sarcasm

System is fine, as stated earlier, it's a chance to speed up the process of getting the full set.

No, but you can buy crafted gear which is on par with flashpoint gear. It is not possible, at this point, to craft PvP gear. Time to back the PvE argument up bro.

That doesn't give you a set bonus. Also that's a ridiculous statement. Disliking a single aspect of the game =/= Disliking the game. Even if there was no change I love SWTOR. Dislike something you bring up the problem. That's the only way it'll change. Enough people complain. Things get changed.

One bag won't gear you up. One bag is 3 marks. If you're lucky a piece of gear. It takes over 10 bags to afford main gear items. This will take a casual a long long time.

It doesn't take long at all. Ilum daily and warzone daily (capping 5 points/winning 3 warzones) is 1 bag each. The weekly version of capping 17/winning 9 gives 3 bags each.

Tomorrow is reset day I will get 8 bags easily within 2 hours. Then probably a 9th from the comms from doing the warzones for that daily/weekly. Ofc i bet i dont get any friggin gear but hey its not like you get a guaranteed loot drop from pve is it?

buy centurian gear with ur tokens....thats the normal progression....if u get lucky u can skip a few pieces with champ gear....

working as intended

/thread

you see how you used the phrase 'if you get lucky' in your reply? That should never be the case, especially with end game pvp gear.

I understand gear progression and I have no problem buying centurion gear with the badges that I'm getting. But because of the bs RNG, people will be better geared and faster geared then someone such as myself who dedicates massive amounts of time to grinding commendations, simply because I have no luck?

It's simple. The gear you obtain should be based on the amount of effort you put into obtaining said gear. WTB equal footing. Especially something as game breaking as pvp gear in warzones.

Well, I have a big question about pvp gear and didn't want to start a new thread... so..

there are PvP gear vendors in Dromund Kaas (near the trainers)... they sell level 50 blue pvp gears that can be turned along with another item (don't know where to get those) to get epic gears.

Aren't those also viable instead of depending on RNG?

------------

Edit: also I just checked, the conversion from blue to epic gear requires "Artifact PvP (item name) upgrade" type of items.. .

http://www.archdemons.com/stuff/SWTOR/VengenceGear.jpg

for comparing purpose

http://www.archdemons.com/stuff/SWTOR/BattlemasterGear.jpg

Edited by Avatorius

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.