Can I play this on a dial up modem

Skanes

I started downloading the client last week (the first day we were able to) and it just finished over the weekend, I was thinking about how long it took and will I even be able to play this on dial up (56k,high speed isn't around in my area) thanks and have a great night.

Here's to hoping your serious, but no I don't think you will be able to play over dial-up.

If trolling. Sure you can play it with dial-up and with an old Commador 64, with VGA monitone monitor.

Here's some grins.....

In service to Fandom and Universal Gaming...I am...

There was a forum post from a guy who got in during beta, all the features won't be able to be played but he said when he was in high pop zones, his ping would of course shoot up he said to 60000ms ping but would not disconnect and he could usually get out of the area with no dc. He said it was quite enjoyable when he wasn't in a high pop area.

There was a forum post from a guy who got in during beta, all the features won't be able to be played but he said when he was in high pop zones, his ping would of course shoot up he said to 60000ms ping but would not disconnect and he could usually get out of the area with no dc. He said it was quite enjoyable when he wasn't in a high pop area.

Thank you man, I'll be sure to avoid those.

Chances are you will be able to play the game, but will suffer some issues. How does your 56k run on other MMOs? I remember playing on 56k - when that was the only form of internet, and I, for the most part, had limited issues.

I personally live in a secluded area I like to call "A lil Slice of Heaven", and I don't have the option for Cable internet. I use DSL, and while it's not the fastest form of Internet, it's very reliable, and inexpensive. You might want to consider researching DSL, and upgrading if you find that it fits your budget.

I'm actually curious now to how the game will run on 56k. Maybe once you get your invite, and are able to play, you can come back to the forums, and let us know what your experience with Dial-Up in SW:TOR was.

I found the posts on google still but the link is dead mate. But i remember what I read so you should just avoid high population and hope for the best when it comes to bigger groups. But hey let me know how it goes and all that, and make sure you have the best dial up ISP you can get, netzero/juno is terrible.

Chances are you will be able to play the game, but will suffer some issues. How does your 56k run on other MMOs? I remember playing on 56k - when that was the only form of internet, and I, for the most part, had limited issues.

I personally live in a secluded area I like to call "A lil Slice of Heaven", and I don't have the option for Cable internet. I use DSL, and while it's not the fastest form of Internet, it's very reliable, and inexpensive. You might want to consider researching DSL, and upgrading if you find that it fits your budget.

I'm actually curious now to how the game will run on 56k. Maybe once you get your invite, and are able to play, you can come back to the forums, and let us know what your experience with Dial-Up in SW:TOR was.

Yea I'll definitely follow up, I didn't pre order til like october so idk when I'll be getting in but I'll let everyone know how it goes.

I started downloading the client last week (the first day we were able to) and it just finished over the weekend, I was thinking about how long it took and will I even be able to play this on dial up (56k,high speed isn't around in my area) thanks and have a great night.

lol. Seriously? Is this a legit question? I feel very, very bad for you if you expect to enjoy this game on dialup.

Don't even try satellite, the latency will kill you. You might want to try for Wireless or playing off a 3G/4G bridge on your cell phone, but that would send your cell phone bill through the roof.

lol. Seriously? Is this a legit question? I feel very, very bad for you if you expect to enjoy this game on dialup.

Don't even try satellite, the latency will kill you. You might want to try for Wireless or playing off a 3G/4G bridge on your cell phone, but that would send your cell phone bill through the roof.

They have cheaper plans for 3g/4g tethering now, i know a few people who use it to game. they have about a 5gb/10gb cap though but that usually cuts the mustard lol.

I think you're a troll, theres no way you would have the client downloaded over dialup in that little time. Way back when I was too poor for cable-internet, it took me over a month to download anime files. lol Even with comcrap its taking me too dang long to download this game.

Just curious if you play on satellite ? And follow up if you do, how does it run if you have EAG or beta'd the game?

I personally don't have satellite internet due to my current living situation but have friends who do and it runs mmo's very nicely. A couple of them were in the Beta and had no problems.

I remember doing vox and naggy raids in EQ1 on dialup the first year it came out, with no problems at all. Granted though, back in those days, there wasn't near the amount of information being sent back and forth, so who knows... I would take an educated guess and say that you will be able to solo just fine, group decently (hope your not the healer or tank), but I dont see you running any operations.

Cities with a large amount of players in them, will cause you trouble, so avoid those when possible. Other than that, you should have a pretty enjoyable time.

Don't worry. You can play by using an abacus or if you have the technology, you can use morse code on a telegraph. :D