The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Subscription cancelled. Reason? Maintenance hours.

ninoss

Your subscription has been cancelled.

You still have 17 days... For fixing maintenance hours for european players.

Don't be mindless, obedient drones guys.

This is what I did and what you can do.

My account -> cancel my subscription

I am cancelling because: "Other"

Also: "Other"

Your comments: "EU MAINTENANCE CAMPAIGN"

If you want to force a change we need to pull altogether the right string in the right direction.

It's not about the downtime it's about principle service for us the EU player base.

If you do not wish that your concerns will be ignored in future, then please join me now.

#EU MAINTENANCE CAMPAIGN

Do it.

Spread the word.

Either they start treating us seriously or they won't get our money.

Eve usually has 45 minutes long maintenence, even tho stated it's 1 hours. It's longer only on patch days.

Yes, it does screw ANZA play time. But 1 hour is just enough for a good bio break. 8 hours is a sleep time, but it's in middle of a day for european players (or evening for ANZA which is even worse). All for american players.

BW is a NA company. They do maintenance all at once so they're obviously going to do it when it's most convenient for...you guest it...people in NA. Don't understand why this is so hard for EU'ers to get.

I am sure the EU staff is working according to the US time zone as well...

Excellent logic.

...shouldnt you be working during that time anyway?

how many people playing the game are in North America vs Europe?

I'm gonna take a stab and say North America, by alot. So you have to do maintenance...who would you tick off, your larger customer base?

Hey guys, I habitually make bad decisions in order to make statements about things that can't and shouldn't change.

Here's a forum post for your comments.

Hey guys, I'm a Fanboy and this game is perfect and the most bestest in the world and Bioware shouldn't have to extend any effort to people who lose 1 day a week because of maintenance.

I am sure the EU staff is working according to the US time zone as well...

Excellent logic.

That's not when they bring the game down though. BW brings the game down all at once. In accordance to that, they're obviously going to do it for NA'ers who is also, by far, their biggest subscription base.

Happened in every MMO I've ever played in. With EVE it was the Aussies who got ticked.

I guess you'll hammer later. :)

Difference is of course, there were no Australian servers for EvE. There are EU servers and there are US servers.

*eyeroll*

Doesnt bother me, I will be at work and they will be up when I am home.

Go do something else for a few hours and stop looking for things to moan about.

Lucky for you that you don't live in Russia then isn't it? Because the servers in Russia don't become available until 8pm.

That's not when they bring the game down though. BW brings the game down all at once. In accordance to that, they're obviously going to do it for NA'ers who is also, by far, their biggest subscription base.

Biggest subscription base... sourcee please?

Lucky for you that you don't live in Russia then isn't it? Because the servers in Russia don't become available until 8pm.

Or that doesnt have a job that he does at evenings, rather than morning/noon time.

Not that ANY europeans have such a job, we all do work 7 - 15 right?

Edited by ninoss

It's none of your bussiness when somebody is working. I, for example, am working on evenings. What kind of argument is that anyway?

its also none of my business that you cancelled your subscription, but you decided to share that with thousands of people

I'm wondering how you came to that conclusion? Retail preorders are bad because they don't count online purchases which are to my knowledge far more common in Europe than retail.

Hello Everyone,

We value your thoughts and feedback regarding Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and recognize that a lot of players want to discuss how patch times are effecting their region. We ask that you join the discussion that is already in progress in this thread so everyone can participate in the same ongoing conversation and we can keep the forums tidy.

We will now be closing this thread, but feel free to carry on in the linked discussion. Thanks!