Harpoon possibly bugged?

PurveyorOfTruth

When having two points in the talent tree for "defensive measures", it says Harpoon has a 100% chance to stun opponent for 3 seconds. However, when I use Harpoon it doesn't stun at all.

Anyone else notice this?

With 'Defensive Measures' It provides that the target is immobilized upon being drawn to you, it does not offer a stun, I have had no issues using this PvE/PvP. If it's not immobilizing for you that may be a different issue.

With 'Defensive Measures' It provides that the target is immobilized upon being drawn to you, it does not offer a stun, I have had no issues using this PvE/PvP. If it's not immobilizing for you that may be a different issue.

I see what you are saying. Ahh Ok, well then damn it time to respec :'(.

Edited by PurveyorOfTruth

I see what you are saying. Ahh Ok, well then damn it time to respec :'(.

Why? the immobilization with the pull is awesome in pvp, then add in storm, you've got amazing mobility options, or even taking someone away and out of a fight for 3+ sec. Not to mention your survivability.

Edited by DeathMerchant

Harpoon's immobilize is lovely in Huttball. Pull your enemies into the acid or fire and they'll be trapped there even without you having to blow your Cryo Grenade. I will grant that it's typically less useful in other situations, but still handy for keeping squishy targets like Sorcerers in your melee range. Edited by SpamAassassin

The only issues i have with Harpoon are the following -

1. Harpooning the target brings it to me as it should but then the target stutters and ends up slightly missplaced=/

2. Sometimes when harpooning targets in PVP it just doesnt do anything cooldown is triggered the harpoon is sent out comes back but enemy ignores its effect=/

3. when used at max range if you fire it sometimes the cooldown is triggers and the text "out of range" appears at top of screen but cooldown is still used.

anyone else have any of these issues?

In Huttball, right at the beginnig of the matches, I usually wait at the acid, and whomever grabs the ball, I do this:

Harpoon > Cyro Grenade > Neural Serge

3 seconds, 4 seconds, 2.5 seconds all

The whole time they are taking a nice long acid bath. Sure they will use their abilities to remove the stun, that's why I add in Neural Serge.

So Yeah I burn out three of my main abilities, but I usually kill the guy with the ball, and I pick it up and run.

I've noticed that many enemy players are aware of me doing this now, which is ok, they usually wait for one of our guys to grab the ball, and then they try to get them down, I usually shield them. I also have started to have some enemy players go around me and try to push me into the acid also from behind, I usually storm to them before they can push me in.

The three sec immobilization is defiantly working well, for me.

2. Sometimes when harpooning targets in PVP it just doesnt do anything cooldown is triggered the harpoon is sent out comes back but enemy ignores its effect=/

... anyone else have any of these issues?

This happens regularly for me but it is mainly in Huttball (which is about 80% of warzones I've had so far) and seems to be mostly if the target is above me or mid air. Which really sucks when trying to pull a ball carrier down.

This happens regularly for me but it is mainly in Huttball (which is about 80% of warzones I've had so far) and seems to be mostly if the target is above me or mid air. Which really sucks when trying to pull a ball carrier down.

Wait. 80% of your warzones are Hutball? I smell Empire imposter!!

Harpoon him into an acid bath immediately!:D

----------------------

To answer: The ball carriers resolve bar is almost always full after a short time in huttball, so this would explain why harpoon works less in this particular situation.

Edited by Varcan

• 2 weeks later...

If you look carefully at players who've been CC'd, or even when you're CC'd, there is a white bar that pops up on-top of your players head. When the bar is full, Harpoon will not work.

It is often the case that the ball carrier in huttball has a full bar because everyone on your team is trying to CC them. This white bar gives them immunity to additional CC effects temporarily, including Harpoon.

Its working as intended.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.