Thinking about trying SWTOR?

myker

DO IT!

It's a great game despite some of the forum topics. The bugs in the game are HARDLY game-breaking by any means.

Worst of the worst that ive experienced was getting stuck behind a rock and a ledge. Not exactly a huge deal.

I gotta hand it to the team that did the crafting, i absolutely love it.

The companion system is a another that i was on the fence with. At first i thought i wasnt going to like it, but damn it makes things easier. I dont know if i could go back to another MMO that has me doing crafting the "old school" way.

Lastly, PVP. Its why i play MMOs. It could use some bracketing work, which i feel may come later once they introduce cross-server queueing.

It's a great game despite some of the forum topics.

This is an awesome line. Don't listen to the bad topics, only listen to the good ones. What an open and objective point of view.

Try SWTOR in Feb-Mar. It'll still be the same game that it is now, just a bit better to play.

DO IT!

It's a great game despite some of the forum topics. The bugs in the game are HARDLY game-breaking by any means.

Then you've been lucky. Some of us don't have party chat and some of us can't zone into any flashpoint. I would call that game breaking for an mmo.

This is an awesome line. Don't listen to the bad topics, only listen to the good ones. What an open and objective point of view.

Try SWTOR in Feb-Mar. It'll still be the same game that it is now, just a bit better to play.

The number of negative topics on the forums is not representative of the sentiment in-game because out of the playerbase, very few read or post on the forums, and people with axes to grind tend to be more... prolific.

Witness the huge number of people who have unsubbed and still make noise here. It's like EVE's CAOD forum- angry rants, whining, and trolling. The very few decent posts made get drowned as all the trolls dogpile on the rabbit.

I agree with the OP completely.

Are there problems? Sure. That being said, the game is still amazingly fun and interesting, I play during almost every free moment I have. I have high hopes for the game as it develops and patches in the weeks and months to come.

After playing the game for some time, and looking at posts on the forums, it is obvious that the majority of negative posts are either trolls or fans of other MMOs. Too many of the topics are just meant to incite and frighten, lots of pointless speculation about subscriber numbers, forecasts of doom and gloom, etc...

I'm sure this game will have a long and healthy lifecycle, to claim otherwise is either a blatant trollism or a sign of ignorance.

DON'T DO IT!

Like Mass Effect and Dragon Age, and really don't want any of those nerdy mmo things and people to have to talk to?

Then you'll love Old Republic.

This game is great if you hate MMO's. I however like MMO's and am very pissed this game is lacking pretty much every single aspect of what makes MMO's different.

Crappy server economies and devs that don't know crap about it.

No real people you encounter.

Linear as hell.

Definitely try it, best mmorpg made to-date.

And please, above all, ignore these forums and what you read on here. Some days it seems there is more Blizzard employees posting here then actual SWtOR players.

Wow is pretty much dead, it's ageing so much and barely hanging on. It's like EQ in it's later days.

TOR would have captured those players if it wasn't for the following in my eyes:

No customization to the UI AT ALL

GTN with a horrid UI it's almost painful to use

Linearity beyond belief

Huttball

lack of bracketed pvp, which leads to 50's stomping sub 20's.

I read these forums during work. They are so bad that I actually feel like the game might not be as fun as I think it is. Then I go home and play and have a blast.

I really hope that people don't come here looking for information and base their decision on some of the stuff here.

Great post.