Constructive PvP Balance Thread Positive Idea's On PvP

ColdLogic

Ok I'm going to change this forum up a bit, and I want people to be honest.

Think of what class you play the most.

Ok got it? good.

Now think of which class struggles the most against you in PvP, a class you beat often.

Got that too? good.

Now post in this thread 3 ways to help improve your enemies class that struggles to beat you.

Not improving your own class, but your enemies class.. this isn't about personal gain, this is about constructive balance advice.

Edited by ColdLogic

I'm sorry I'm to lazy to embrace the format but I do want to make a constructive reply:

So many of my match up problems boil down to me being 30th level fighting a level 50. Which gets back to the very basic idea that pvp needs a tier system so you don't have to fight people 40 levels above you when you are 10th level.

2nd point. I put up 226,000 dmg in pvp as a 10th level bounty hunter, I didn't even know exactly what all my powers did and did not use them all. It was so easy, waaaaaay to easy. It just did not make sense, we need a balance pass that is based on one fundamental overriding concept. It EASIER to sit back and shoot someone at range than it is to chase someone around and melee on them. This is something that developers of competitive pvp mmo's seem to constantly choose to ignore.

Lol, your thread failed in 2 posts. :rolleyes:

Pshhhh... If you call a few drops of water in a bucket an ocean. :rolleyes:

People who want to be constructive will post here not for personal gain, but because they want to improve the game.

Edited by ColdLogic

I know its not something specific to other players but there is something that i, as a stealther are too good at and that is ninja capping/defuse from stealth :p

It seems to take 1-1.5 seconds to leave stealth after clicking an objective. This means for bombs in voidstar etc im halfway through defusing before i'm even visible leaving the enemy 1.5 seconds to actually spot me, react and hit something. 9 times out of 10 i defuse.

Another thing is ninja capping points on the civil war, i dont use any titles therefore my name is small and cant be seen behind the capture terminal. I guess this could be blamed on the enemy for not actively checking every angle of the point, just something i feel is unfair for them :p.

Here's hoping this thread will create positive energy in a community that feels good about improving the game we all love.

The good people of the forums have the ability to change the negative tune we so often see here. I encourage first time posters, or people who have never posted before to come forth and present your positive and helpful advice about ways to improve the game that isn't about personal gain, but about helping others.

We as a community can come together and create positive vibes and share ideas that are inspiring.

Edited by ColdLogic