Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

suggestion for LFG that wont break the community!

LilTikiBoy

Why not simply expand on the current one and make it so you can select which flashpoints your looking to run and what role you play and have another tab on the social window that simply allows you to browse through the various flashpoints to see who is looking.

you still have to manually group with people instead of playing the autogroup roulette that is wows LFG and at the same time you dont have to sit there and spam "LFG for Raiders!!!!!!" over and over.

This is how any LFG tool should be.

You can find who is looking for what and send them a tell asking if they want to join your group for a run somewhere.

The roulette style grouping in wow that ports you to the instance and back again is the worst LFD system I have ever seen.

Everyone just sat in citied waiting for a group, rarely going anywhere else which left the rest of th world devoid of life.

A cross-server one won't break the community. Online communites have gotten worse over the years but it has nothing to do with the conveniency tools that MMO's have put into their games.

I disagree a bit with that. I hold strongly to the opinion that by making LFD cross realm it removed player accountability. Basically you got to act like a complete turd (tanks that sat over loot, or healers who would just not bother, guilds that queue to fill a slot then kick at the end and other loot ninja shenanigans, etc) without repercussion. When you are on the same server, and act that way, word gets out about you. Ninjas get kicked from guilds, or people stop grouping with people who are willing to waste your time/be a jerk.

Do people still act this way? From time to time, but there is much more accountability for your actions when you're playing with the same people day in and day out. Your actions will get known.

Why not simply expand on the current one and make it so you can select which flashpoints your looking to run and what role you play and have another tab on the social window that simply allows you to browse through the various flashpoints to see who is looking.

you still have to manually group with people instead of playing the autogroup roulette that is wows LFG and at the same time you dont have to sit there and spam "LFG for Raiders!!!!!!" over and over.

Yeah, I think that simple approach of a Group Formation Listing would be the best all around. Let the players work things out and keep the pool inside the server community.

A cross-server one won't break the community. Online communites have gotten worse over the years but it has nothing to do with the conveniency tools that MMO's have put into their games.

i disagree, x-server LFG tools have made it so you can be a complete *** in a group and if they do actually kick you all you have to do is que again. keeping it on-server makes people more responsible for their actions and helps improve the community as a whole.

this idea would allow you to see who is lfg and decided if you wanna group with them or not. if you see somebody who cant out dps a tank or thinks they deserve to need on anything their companions can use reguardless, you can chose not to group with them instead of being forced to by the "conveniency tool"

The game just needs the same system used in WoW and Rift where it will find the groups for you and sends you to your destination. It makes it so much easier because you can do many other things while waiting on your group to form. I can't fathom how spamming trade chat channels is considered socializing anyway. If anything it's a huge nuisance as well as the fact that the majority of the time you won't even find enough people to do what you're wanting to do and you have to give up all together.

As for ruining the community, that is already done. Every group I've been in that wasn't in my guild has been silent and done as quickly as possible which is no different than the random groups.

The game just needs the same system used in WoW and Rift where it will find the groups for you and sends you to your destination. It makes it so much easier because you can do many other things while waiting on your group to form. I can't fathom how spamming trade chat channels is considered socializing anyway. If anything it's a huge nuisance as well as the fact that the majority of the time you won't even find enough people to do what you're wanting to do and you have to give up all together.

As for ruining the community, that is already done. Every group I've been in that wasn't in my guild has been silent and done as quickly as possible which is no different than the random groups.

your right we should use the system used in wow.... the LFR (Looking For Raid) system, which is pretty much exactly what i just said. thank you for being so helpful! :)

your right we should use the system used in wow.... the LFR (Looking For Raid) system, which is pretty much exactly what i just said. thank you for being so helpful! :)

No I'm saying we need the exact same system as used in WoW and Rift that finds your groups for you and puts you in the instance. It's 2012 now and that's how MMOs should be done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.