Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Numbers are all its about, not "bolster"

LordRygarr

You'll notice in every mmo mostly everyone flocks like mindless zombies to the "evil" side, I assume they don't like the challenge of being the underdog and want an easy means of gear.

Point being I see very little Republic 50's much less players themselves, and way to many Imperial's, most of them already 50. This "bolster" thing is just a void space I don't even bother mentioning because its useless. So with more high levels on only one side, that side being the Imperials begins winning more regularly which gears not only their 50's out MUCH faster but also readies their lowbies for the Champion+ gear. Alternatively this leaves the Republic constantly on the losing side, and keeps them much farther behind in gear. The ultimate end being one side greatly outweighs the other because of sheer numbers.

As Ive seen on both my pvp server on wow and rift this utterly destroyed pvp in many ways, it slowed down que's and just made it much less fun overall. Only fix I could possibly see is incentive ((like maybe not horrible looking gear for republic pvp armor)) for players to choose republic (the underdog) otherwise pvp will slow to a crawl.

-Athen, the guy whos great at making mad Imp's

(I enjoy troll-baiting, by all means ;])

I have a 50 Jedi Guardian with 25 Valor Rank or so.

I also stopped playing that for now and am leveling my Imperial Sniper (27).

Why ? Because there's so many more empire players that 1) Republic does lose a lot of warzones because of what you described and more importantly for me 2) there's almost nobody to do PvE stuff with, while on empire side there's people around for every flashpoint and heroic at any time of day.

I have a 50 Jedi Guardian with 25 Valor Rank or so.

I also stopped playing that for now and am leveling my Imperial Sniper (27).

Why ? Because there's so many more empire players that 1) Republic does lose a lot of warzones because of what you described and more importantly for me 2) there's almost nobody to do PvE stuff with, while on empire side there's people around for every flashpoint and heroic at any time of day.

I might have to do the same its just sad its come to that only a few weeks after release lol. My agent is baking up bonus xp in the cantina atm.

Well this is what happens when Darth Malgus is your poster child for a game among other Sith focuses throughout the hype machine.

Oh ya just from the looks of items and the lack of love on republic planets you can easily tell the developers favor the Imperial side, therefore soon every warzone will end with "Not enough players, Warzone ends in 120seconds" gg.

Give Smugglers good companions and I'll go.

I don't want a wookie.

I don't want a squid.

I don't want some lame humans.

Empire classes has best companions from a first look.

Only republic class I'll play is Trooper.

(I don't play force users)

Exactly my point, Bioware purposely gave the Republic the typical crap no one really wants. I hope it gets so bad that no one on the Rep side even que's for pvp and it is ruined forever :D

There definetly needs to be alot of changes.

On my server we are lucky if one player on our team is in their 30s while entire Imperial teams are 50s.

And im not even complaining about the 50s who wipe out entire teams by themselves.

I wish lower grade pvp gear was comparable, and had expertise rating. Also the bolster mechanic works in 50s favour in reguards to gear it seems. Since ive out leveled my gear a bit and when I go into the pvp matches it actualy drops some of my stats lower then my out of pvp stats are.

Oh ya just from the looks of items and the lack of love on republic planets you can easily tell the developers favor the Imperial side, therefore soon every warzone will end with "Not enough players, Warzone ends in 120seconds" gg.

Nah, you'll just get all huttball 24/7

Give Smugglers good companions and I'll go.

I don't want a wookie.

I don't want a squid.

I don't want some lame humans.

Empire classes has best companions from a first look.

Only republic class I'll play is Trooper.

(I don't play force users)

Speak for yourself, T7 is awesome.

Personally I hate all my IA companions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.