Tanking is, as usual, extremely painful...

Shadowaus

So i got to level 25 with my Jugg.. still no aoe threat abilities (other than smash... which isnt saying much) and STILL groups dont understand how it works :/

Aoe everything down! (this isnt wow...) The minute anyone pulls threat off me with an aoe, except the healer) they can tank the thing and when they die, ill taunt it back...

If another sorc runs into a group of mobs that im tanking, and pushes them all away ill make sure they die every time i get the chance....

Not hitting my target after ive asked you to do so multiple times? Yep, you can die too...

Guild Wars 2 is said to remove tanking completely. I'm interested in seeing how that will turn out. Their threat is generated by attacking the nearest enemies, so anyone can tank, and since there is no healing class, everyone is a self sufficent healer. It sounds like a good idea on paper, but is it in reality?

I'm not to happy with tanking or healing either. Because it revolves around to me either spamming sundering strike / taunt, perhaps a force sweep for AoE (im a guardian). its a very stale rotations. and having rotations in general is pity:(

People are doing this because the other two tank specs in the game are pretty well-equipped for AOE, and they figure the Jugg must be too.

Before starting the instance/group quest, tell your DPS what you want them to do and how to handle pulls, and they'll generally do it. It's really a non-issue if you don't mind communicating a little.

People are doing this because the other two tank specs in the game are pretty well-equipped for AOE, and they figure the Jugg must be too.

Before starting the instance/group quest, tell your DPS what you want them to do and how to handle pulls, and they'll generally do it. It's really a non-issue if you don't mind communicating a little.

This is the biggest problem in my experience. People are used to the other classes who can faceroll through FPs because of their high dps then get in a group with a jugg and just dont cooperate. Ive completely stopped doing FPs at this point because its just too much of a headache trying to teach people how to play with a jugg and if already know dealing with them ignoring what needs to be done. MMO players in my experience are not a dynamic group and if Bioware thinks that groups will change strategies due to the class whos tanking theyre sorely mistaken.

You need to retrain your tanking brain. You dont neex aggro on everything. There are good cc abilities, make people use them. Educate dps people. Make them burn down those weak ranged mobs. They all want to burn the bosses because they have been trained that topping the dps meter on bosses is what the cool kids do.

He should have guard at that point. I've never had healers pull off me in flash points or heroics when they were guarded. And i'm only like level 29

You're healers stay within the 15 meter range of Guard? Mine don't.

Guild Wars 2 is said to remove tanking completely. I'm interested in seeing how that will turn out. Their threat is generated by attacking the nearest enemies, so anyone can tank, and since there is no healing class, everyone is a self sufficent healer. It sounds like a good idea on paper, but is it in reality?

I'm not to happy with tanking or healing either. Because it revolves around to me either spamming sundering strike / taunt, perhaps a force sweep for AoE (im a guardian). its a very stale rotations. and having rotations in general is pity:(

That sounds asinine, what kind of tank looks forward to proximity aggro control.